Can humans exist without some people ruling and others being ruled? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Can humans exist without some people ruling and others being ruled?

In general, yes.

Depends on the needs of societies. My favourite example is going on a holiday with a large group of people. Tourists normally do not compete and control, they just enjoy it all, each one in their own way. They (usually) do not fight over who goes first somewhere, and if they do, it's not serious. Even when in the group some participants really do not like each other, they don't do the normal scenes they would do, and may get along.

If life is not supposed to be some endless struggle, then people could go without rulers. Ruling seems needed, only when there are very important goals. And I'm not even sure about that - I've seen groups achieving a lot without clear leaders.

Right now, I'm not convinced that humanity really has such impossibly difficult goals, that would require the ruling mentality anymore. But it takes time to get rid of all the fears and traditions of the past.

This is the opening sentence of an essay by Marvin Harris called Our Kind.

Well what do you think?

Please provide long-winded drawn out examples and be as theoretical as you can and all of that jazz.

Well that would depend in my mind if he were talking about a formal or informal hierarchy.

What do mean by hierarchy anyway?

There would be no hierarchy. Hierarchy and authority go hand in hand.

This is the opening sentence of an essay by Marvin Harris called Our Kind.

Well what do you think?

Please provide long-winded drawn out examples and be as theoretical as you can and all of that jazz.

Sure I will help you do you homework assignments lazy ass....

My opinion is that we can live this way and live a very simplistic life without knowing as much 'stuff' as we do now. Or we can have things the way we have now.

Im not one for longwindedness.

No, there has to be some rules. Otherwise people would be doing crazy things.