calculate your ascendant sign (astrology) | INFJ Forum

calculate your ascendant sign (astrology)

Korg

-
Jul 8, 2009
MBTI
-
Enneagram
-
For the most part, I think astrology is utter bullshit but someone convinced me to put in my time and date of birth into this online calculator in order to determine my 'ascendant sign'. As far as my understanding goes, the 'ascendant sign' is what you project outwardly; how people see you and your public persona. It's a common misconception to think the sign that correlates with your date of birth is how you normally are. Anyway, I have to admit that this is incredibly accurate:

"Your psychological nature is introverted and cold, totally controlled and phlegmatic, at least regarding the image you project invariably. You seem unemotional and austere. Actually, your secondarity chews over the strategies or responses that you create as a recation to the environment. You are slow but very thoughtful, solid and balanced. You are as curt as you are cold and you put the strength of your character at the service of your huge and long-term ambition. Or you may be detached from the earthly riches and you focus on spiritual values.

Like all the people born under an apparently reserved and tough sign, your inner personality is often charming and gentle, as if the thick armour, forged throughout childhood, had entirely preserved the purity and the warmth of the soul imprisoned within."
What about you all?

Last edited:
uuuuh, :3 :3 Oh but wow, it's like the exact opposite of what you have ^^ THAT'S SO COOL. I bet we can become like best friends. I keep editing this message and adding more stuff to this reply... This is like the 4th edit lol~

Gemini

Your mobility is such that you are in every place where you are not expected. You spend lots of time asking questions and… answering them. Your curiosity and your quick-wittedness are insatiable. Your mind is in constant turmoil, hopping from one topic to another, solving problems, accumulating anecdotes and knowledge within a short range of time. Your mobility is mostly mental, it takes you afar and turns your daily life into a mosaic of intense and pleasant moments that are not necessarily related to each other: provided things are moving, your neurons are kept busy and you can meet with people, everything is fine!
With this Ascendant, you come across as nervous, expressive, lively, adaptable, with a good sense of humour, bubbling, playful, sociable, clever, whimsical, independent, intellectual, flexible, ingenious, fanciful, imaginative, charming, cerebral, and you are into everything. You may also be capricious, unfocused, quirky, superficial, indiscreet, opportunist, unmindful, selfish, sarcastic or mercurial.

I definitely fit having a libra ascendent. This particular description describes me, but only to a mild extent. You have to keep in mind, astrology loses meaning when you only consider small aspects.

Your Ascendant: 17

"Scorpio Ascendant people have a lot of presence. There is something about them that tells the world that they are not to be pushed around. Their manner commands respect, and in some cases, fear. Scorpio rising people can be quiet or loud, but they always seem powerful and determined.
You either love or hate Scorpio rising people

Reactions: InfernoMink
Scorpio

Your psychological nature is bilious with aggressive impulses that spur the transformation of your being and of any situation you are involved in. You are constantly struggling to assert yourself. You cannot refrain from testing others with cutting remarks, not because you want to hurt them, but because you want to know them better through their reaction; life and the feeling of aliveness are experienced through rebellion and tension. Your aggressive attitude may equate with sly inquisition as often, you remain silent, introverted and secretive, mulling over turbulent thoughts in the depths of your mind, leaving others puzzled by your quite strange behaviour.

Last edited:
You have to keep in mind, astrology loses meaning when you only consider small aspects.

Absolutely.

For example, I have Aries rising, but it's ruling planet, Mars, is in Cancer. I also have Venus (the ruler of my sun-sign) in Aries conjunct my ascendant; my Venus and Mars are squared.

These factors explain why the traditional description of Aries rising doesn't entirely fit me.

Reactions: jyrffw54
wow, I thought all of the descriptions were positive, but some of these really suck 0.o.

I mean Wyote's and Seeker O truth's astrology thingies were quite... negative compared to mine that said "positive positive positive, except, you might be superficial and selfish"

:eek: :eek: ~ I must be really lucky being born at that time/place ^^

Reactions: jyrffw54
Your psychological nature is introverted and cold, totally controlled and phlegmatic, at least regarding the image you project invariably. You seem unemotional and austere. Actually, your secondarity chews over the strategies or responses that you create as a recation to the environment. You are slow but very thoughtful, solid and balanced. You are as curt as you are cold and you put the strength of your character at the service of your huge and long-term ambition. Or you may be detached from the earthly riches and you focus on spiritual values.

Like all the people born under an apparently reserved and tough sign, your inner personality is often charming and gentle, as if the thick armour, forged throughout childhood, had entirely preserved the purity and the warmth of the soul imprisoned within.

With this Ascendant, you come across as serious, cold, disciplined, patient, focused, thoughtful, ambitious, indomitable, cautious, lucid, persistent, provident, steady, introverted, stern, wilful, hard-working, responsible, persevering, honest, realistic, loyal, reserved, resolute, moralistic, quiet, rigorous, attached and reliable. But you may also be curt, withdrawn, calculating, petty, cruel, unpleasant, ruthless, selfish, dull, rigid, slow or sceptical.​
Green = accurate
Blue = somewhat true
Red = inaccurate

So it's pretty much up in the air.

wow, I thought all of the descriptions were positive, but some of these really suck 0.o.

I mean Wyote's and Seeker O truth's astrology thingies were quite... negative compared to mine that said "positive positive positive, except, you might be superficial and selfish"

:eek: :eek: ~ I must be really lucky being born at that time/place ^^

It might seem negative, but it's very much how people percieve me before actually getting to know me.

I hear a lot of times that people think I'm a prick when they first meet me but once they get to know me and understand why I do the things I do, they don't even know why they thought that way about me to begin with. I don't even try to act like that, but I come across as arrogant or odd because I am just thinking about a lot of different things, and I have trouble communicating them.

Like if you ask me a simple question, I'll want to preface it with ten different things before even starting to answer, but I can't because that's neurotic.

Virgo

Your psychological nature is nervous and secondary. Before you take action, you cautiously ponder over things and you review all possible alternatives and reactions. You strive systematically to find the best possible response to any given problem. Above all, you are a perfectionist and you have no rest until you optimize a situation, in each and every area, be it professional, pragmatic, aesthetic or in pleasure. You do not accept spontaneity and, to fully enjoy life and go further, you consider that demanding the best is the least you can do, even though it is detrimental to the rough forces associated with your instinct. Intellectual elements intervene before both the physical ones and your feelings: it is one of the essential clues to understanding your personality.
With this Ascendant, you come across as cerebral, clear-sighted, focused on details and on numbers, analytic, serious, competent, reasonable, modest, tidy, organized, spruce, industrious, provident, honest, loyal, reserved, shy, helpful, willing to progress, talkative, logical, hardworking, tactful, patient, precise, concrete, spiritual. You can also be narrow-minded, calculating, irritating, petty, hung up, anxious, cold, repressed or sarcastic.

-

This is actually pretty accurate in certain ways. Although I am actually a lot more lazy than people must apparently think I am. Maybe this works in my favor. :p

Capricorn

Your psychological nature is introverted and cold, totally controlled and phlegmatic, at least regarding the image you project invariably. You seem unemotional and austere. Actually, your secondarity chews over the strategies or responses that you create as a recation to the environment. You are slow but very thoughtful, solid and balanced. You are as curt as you are cold and you put the strength of your character at the service of your huge and long-term ambition. Or you may be detached from the earthly riches and you focus on spiritual values.

Like all the people born under an apparently reserved and tough sign, your inner personality is often charming and gentle, as if the thick armour, forged throughout childhood, had entirely preserved the purity and the warmth of the soul imprisoned within.

With this Ascendant, you come across as serious, cold, disciplined, patient, focused, thoughtful, ambitious, indomitable, cautious, lucid, persistent, provident, steady, introverted, stern, wilful, hard-working, responsible, persevering, honest, realistic, loyal, reserved, resolute, moralistic, quiet, rigorous, attached and reliable. But you may also be curt, withdrawn, calculating, petty, cruel, unpleasant, ruthless, selfish, dull, rigid, slow or skeptical.
Bitchin.

Many people don't like astrology. Probably for what it "stand" for to them. or something.

What does astrology stand for in your opinion? What is the meaning behind astrology? What does it symbolise? What's the truth behind it? Or is it merely a tool? Surely it has more significance than that for some right? Bad or Good, people place value on these things right?)
(This is probably Ni, right symbols behind things? Anyways, someone tell me what astrology "stands for" for the general populace)

Aquarius

You are particularly sensitive to the values of friendship in the sense that you see yourself as a link within a chain, certainly a different and original one, but with no will to flatter your ego or to individually assert yourself. On the contrary, your aim is to immerge yourself in your friendly relations and to participate in projects and ideals of the whole human community.

With this Ascendant, you come across as idealistic, altruistic, detached, independent, original, surprising, gifted, contradictory, innovative, humanistic, likeable, friendly, self-confident, impassive, quiet, intuitive, creative, charitable, elusive, disconcerting, generous, tolerant, paradoxical, and you cannot stand any kind of constraint. But you may also be marginal, resigned, distant, utopian, maladjusted, eccentric and cold.

Many people don't like astrology. Probably for what it "stand" for to them. or something.

What does astrology stand for in your opinion? What is the meaning behind astrology? What does it symbolise? What's the truth behind it? Or is it merely a tool? Surely it has more significance than that for some right? Bad or Good, people place value on these things right?)
(This is probably Ni, right symbols behind things? Anyways, someone tell me what astrology "stands for" for the general populace)

[MENTION=3323]Oranguh[/MENTION]

It symbolizes the philosophical theory of macrocosm and microcosm. It is also a tool.

Some people read charts to gain self-knowledge and understand the motivations of others.

Others treat it as a joke and don't understand it is more complex than horoscopes in the newspaper.

Truth is relative.

@Oranguh

It symbolizes the philosophical theory of macrocosm and microcosm. It is also a tool.

Some people read charts to gain self-knowledge and understand the motivations of others.

Others treat it as a joke and don't understand it is more complex than horoscopes in the newspaper.

Truth is relative.

What place does it hold within our society? How does it fit within the whole? What parts does it play for us all? :3 :3 :3

What place does it hold within our society? How does it fit within the whole? What parts does it play for us all? :3 :3 :3

[MENTION=3323]Oranguh[/MENTION]

1. I believe I have already addressed these questions above.

2. Dude, your Gemini is showing