Caffeine Consumption | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Caffeine Consumption

BUT, you've found ways to spice things up. I still want your hot pepper recipes. :p

Ahh peppers.... I only ended up with two good peppers this year. Yes, literally two. I got this damn seed starter mix which killed my plants. I got good seeds from one cayenne and one habanero. Lost my ghost peppers entirely so I'll have to get new seeds for those.

Ahh peppers.... I only ended up with two good peppers this year. Yes, literally two. I got this damn seed starter mix which killed my plants. I got good seeds from one cayenne and one habanero. Lost my ghost peppers entirely so I'll have to get new seeds for those.
Awww :( I remember reading about that. That's terrible. I've only ever had success with cayenne. I do want to try ghost sometime.

Reactions: Rcs6r and Wyote
I have dwindled on my beer drinking to a very slow crawl, have limited my sugar intake to mostly natural sources (fruits, etc.) but....

I can't break up with coffee!!!

I've done it before. The smell of it pulled me back. I didn't notice any substantial withdrawal, but after going cold turkey on it and returning a few months later, the caffeine hit me like a ton of bricks, man.

Hi there!
I used to take a lot of caffeine during the week, it was the thing that made me tic faster, but it all changed one day.
I was two days away from a math test and I needed to prepare well for it, I needed more coffee and I did drink a lot of coffee until the day before the test, and I couldn't sleep at all so I stayed awake the whole night studying more. I went to the test sleepy and tired and ended up getting an F in the test.
That was my last time taking that much caffeine before doing anything that needs focus.
To sum it up, I really feel better after reducing my caffeine intake in the week.

I made a poor decision and got myself a Starbucks at 6:30 p.m. tonight on my way to a dress fitting for a friend's wedding. It's now nearly 2 a.m. and I'm rambling on here about it to you good folks because everyone else in my house is fast asleep and there's nobody else to talk to and I'm wired.

I'm wired.

giphy.gif

I only drink decaf, and the whole deal that decaf is horrible is BS. There's good coffee, bad coffee, good decaf, bad decaf. I can't live without coffee so I'm willing to spend the extra $$ and buy the good stuff.

The only drawback I can think of is feeling drowsy in the morning for a couple weeks, and if I want to avoid that I sometimes have a normal coffee in the morning after a full breakfast (my only coffee throughout the day). I've almost ruined my stomach having coffee for breakfast every day for years : (
See coffee is not only a stimulant, but pretty acidic. Not a great thing to put in your stomach after >10 hours of it being empty.

Pros are so many though, you don't realise how antsy caffeine makes you until you cut it off. Less headaches, slower heartbeat, less heartburn and indigestion, among others.

Reactions: Free and Sandie33
My coffee-drinking habits are also quite tame, 2-4 cups a day, though mostly it's 2 from morning to midday. Very often I drink at the same time a glass of water and OJ each, to replenish on fluids (although it's a myth that coffee draws water from your body, it actually doesn't, but it doesn't add much either). I need the OJ though, especially during a specific time in the month, so I don't get any headaches. I don't know what substance it is exactly, but I know that it aids the iron absorption into the blood vessels, which in turn is one of the necessary components in oxygen transportation within the cardio-vascular system.

I have seen a documentary on coffee, and it actually says that coffee consumption in moderation (up to 4 cups a day) can aid in preventing heart problems.

Reactions: Free and Sandie33
Please explain the text, I'm clueless and I want to know!!!!
Oh *blushes*
@Ginny ....
CDTC:T-24S is
"Count down to coffee time-24 seconds"

I was waiting for the pot to finish perking a full cup this morning at 4am; it is set to begin automatically at 5 am. However, I wake IT up some mornings :p

I usually drink about 2 - 3 pots of coffee a day. I haven't drunk any pop since about 2 months ago, except yesterday I tried one of those hard root beers which I didn't like. Anyways I didn't drink any coffee yesterday and I came home with a horrible headache and had trouble falling asleep.

I'm trying to cut back because all it's doing is giving me caffeine crashes and renders me even more tired than I started.

I'm trying to cut back because all it's doing is giving me caffeine crashes and renders me even more tired than I started.

You apologize to coffee right now
giphy.gif

I didn't catch the caffeine habit until relatively late in life (40s). Now I typically drink around 16 oz of coffee twice a day - a few hours after waking up in the morning, then again about an hour after lunch. I can't say I really get pleasure from it; for me it's mostly a mechanism to stay awake and fully alert at work.

Reactions: Free and Wyote
Yes, I can't drink it because I lack the enzyme to metabolize it. I always knew I couldn't drink it due to rapid flushing and panic attacks, but I would occasionally try. And since my body couldn't properly metabolize and eliminate it, it was like mainlining 300 espressos at once, which was mostly terrifying but occasionally thrilling. Anyway, we live in a very coffee-centric culture, if you haven't noticed. It's everywhere. It is a motivating factor in getting most folks out of bed. Ahhh, that first sip. Good to the last drop. And a workplace with a good coffee situation (kiosk on site, break room coffee freely accessible by all, even an abundance of that flavored creamer_ Who doesn't love French Vanilla Hazelnut Salted Caramel S'mores Cream, y'all?) becomes tolerable. Hell, getting to that first cup mitigates the horror of showing up. And have you noticed that half of Pinterest is devoted to winsomely sweatered wrists clutching steaming coffee mugs. "Coffee with friends is like capturing happiness in mug." Or "Rain, books coffee" (streaming windowpane in background of steaming cup and winsome wrist). I had a love hate relationship with it. I returned and returned in spite of the fact that it turned me to a shaking mess. Then randomly a pharma rep visited my school and offered this saliva swab test to see if you're coffee intolerant. It's usually a $500 test, so naturally I grabbed the opportunity for anything this free and valuable. Yup, issues with CYP1A2. I should not/cannot drink the stuff. I still actually do sometimes drink decaf, which even with a very small amount of caffeine (3% ideally), I get a buzz, serious buzz and have issues. But I do it now and then because well, we all love coffee. However, the results of being mostly caffeine free are the following: I sleep better and my teeth look great. Like no point in professional whitening according to my dentist.
Article on caffeine intolerance gene:
https://www.geneplanet.com/genetic-analysis/list-of-analyses/caffeine-metabolism.html
b6a4b07f17c2e6e3c9ddb5432276e506--down-hair-styles-hot-teas.jpg