Brain computer interface | INFJ Forum

Brain computer interface

Animekitty

Regular Poster
Aug 28, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Lets say that in the future(2020) devices that use ultrasound to interface you into computer simulations will be available. Full immersion interaction, IQ beyond 210, Buddhist Meditation out of body experiences. Lucid dreaming all the time. We will have virtual profile avatars like dot hack sign. Websites will be worlds.

What will you spend your time doing? What will be life goals in the virtual future?

Hack-todos.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bird
This thread is scary. I've been researching about this for a week now when I stumbled upon the idea of choosing our own bodies by transferring our minds into an avatar-like humanoid organism.

What you're talking about, though, is more plausible since we are already doing virtual simulations. The next thing would be the ability to connect the computer via electrodes into our brains and stimulating the sensory cells to create the illusion of being inside the simulation.

It would be sweet.

It's hard to tell. I think possibilities lose their allure when they are limitless. Or maybe I just don't know how to function is a world with no limits. In any case if I found myself in a reality where anything was possible I would travel and try out super powers. Eventually both would lose their interest.

It's hard to tell. I think possibilities lose their allure when they are limitless. Or maybe I just don't know how to function is a world with no limits. In any case if I found myself in a reality where anything was possible I would travel and try out super powers. Eventually both would lose their interest.

I would explore them as a museum or library, one aspect is learning anything I want without anxiety.
Adjusted so I don't feel overwhelmed but excited. Keeping my memories close to me, finding friends and just being with them. Having an A.I. counterpart help me look at my psychology. Journey back in time with hologram of my past. Complete projects never finished.

(love the dot hack animes+games, btw, sign had a good OP)

Simulate world history as it is known and play with it, changing bits and pieces going back and forth in time. What if WWII did go this way or that? What if the native Americans could adequately defend their homes from foreign invaders? What if Earth's orbit was determined, not by the sun, but by another earth, with the two orbiting each other in tandem, with hostile aliens on the other planet?
The possibilities are endless, because by the time I had exhausted them all, I'd have forgotten what I had done at first!

I think I'll pass...I have much more fun in real life.

How do you know you're not inside a simulation already? *shock*

Nah, I'm just joking. I wouldn't be dumb enough to get into that kind of debate. I had it enough in my epistemology class already >.>

Virtual reality would be interesting, until one's repertoire of available patterns and data are exhausted...then it's back out into the sunshine and blood that is Life.

Meh, I like it just fine here thanks.

Being offline.