Biggest Source of Frustration as an INFJ | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Biggest Source of Frustration as an INFJ

not being able to help everyone at all times. :(

My tendency not to openly discuss my needs.

Reactions: VH and TigersGoRAWR
or when you do discuss your needs & people are outraged, because they are so used to you never having any... freaking pointless!

For me it has to be saying what I mean. I have a general idea in my head of how I feel and it all makes sense up there but when I try to translate those thoughts and feelings into words it somehow gets all jumbled and ends up taking awhile for me to say what I mean. I've found this to be a major disadvantage when in a large group because people are talking so fast and exchanging ideas I hardly get a word in fast enough before we're onto a new topic

I'm the same when it comes to this, most of the time. I think to deeply about stuff, and I always get the feeling the words I use don't portray the emotion or thoughts, I have justice..

When ever I write something which has any meaning to me, I find it very exhausting, piecing together words in my head into tangible sentences. Don't get me when forced to speak in group settings, I'm usually quick with small talk, but in when it comes to larger issues, I tend to remain quite and mule over answers..from every fucking possible angle, until I just shut down, suffocating my mind from to much thinking..

Reactions: Nixie and grt$5vb
you are so obsessed with love that you study it like a fucking science!

Fulfilling everyone's needs is impossible. One test shows that I actually have only a "slight" J-preference, which could mean that I don't necessarily try to help everyone as much as the average INFJ does. I do enjoy being a centerpiece sometimes, in which you try to meet the needs of a group as a leader and meet specific needs within that context. I can multitask when I care for several close friends at once. This happens when team sports or group games etc activate my Extrovert side.

The most difficult thing is having several close friends in one place, forcing me to choose whom to connect with on a quality level. But once I choose--whether one person or several--I am able to adjust my helping/socializing function to meet the number of persons involved. This USUALLY means that I prioritize who gets most of my attention within the group context.

Reactions: grt$5vb and Nixie
Puts [MENTION=4083]Gerard91[/MENTION] under a microscope for further inspection... :m075:

When others take my sincere generosity for granted, don't appreciate my efforts, and/or question my motives for helping them as though simple kindness is a fairytale and I'm a monster for reminding them of it.

being misunderstood, feeling pressured to do things that are not important to me.

When people think I am cold and do not feel emotion. I feel intense emotion, but I don't screech and squeal like some of the extroverts like to do. I see that as flashy, an attempt to grab attention, showing off, and sometimes that the person is kind of fake. My "lack" of emotion is seen as a problem as I work in a field that is primarily extroverted.

When people do not pick up on the immense amount of nonverbal cues I am throwing at them. I feel I shouldn't have to listen to some of the people that don't "listen" to my body.

When people interpret my reserved and kind behavior as an excuse to step on me. Yes, I know this is partially just my mind perceiving this, but that does not diminish the fact that I have been stepped on regardless of what I do to prevent it.

Not being an INTJ. This is the biggest source of fustration for any type.

Not being an INTJ. This is the biggest source of fustration for any type.

When non-INFJ make "silly comments" in a INFJ only thread.

silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments

When non-INFJ make "silly comments" in a INFJ only thread.

silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments...silly comments

I've been here long enough to be considered an honorary INFJ. You, sir, are simply acting the fool.

Now please leave or I shall have [MENTION=2240]rawr[/MENTION] banish you.

Reactions: rawr
I've been here long enough to be considered an honorary INFJ. You, sir, are simply acting the fool.

Now please leave or I shall have [MENTION=2240]rawr[/MENTION] banish you.

Every wise man needs a fool or he would not seem so wise would he? A king!, must not banish his fool oh honorary one! Have mercy and keep your wisdom!

Reactions: Tin Man