Big 5 / MBTI Correlation | INFJ Forum

Big 5 / MBTI Correlation

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
According to the data compiled, there is a correlation between MBTI and Big 5 (the OCEAN test).

http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/

FFM = +/- MBTI
O = N/S Strong Correlation (70%)
C = J/P Moderate Correlation (45%)
E = E/I Strong Correlation (75%)
A = F/T Moderate Correlation (40%)
N = (Not present).

Here are my results.

O: 90+ (N) Strong Correlation
C: 30- (P) Poor Correlation
E: 48- (I) Strong Correlation
A: 22- (T) Poor Correlation
N: 49

They say I'm an INTP

:mpoke:

Last edited:
Openness to Experience/Intellect

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 90) True

Conscientiousness

High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
You tend to do things somewhat haphazardly. (Your percentile: 30) WRONG

Extraversion

High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
You are neither particularly social or reserved. (Your percentile: 48) True

Agreeableness

High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
You find it easy to express irritation with others. (Your percentile: 22) Interesting that this is assumed to correlate with being a Feeler. Most of the F types I know are pretty crabby.

Neuroticism

High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
You aren't particularly nervous, nor calm. (Your percentile: 49) True

Here's for SLOAN

S
ocial/Reserved - Extrovert/Introvert
Limbic/Calm - None
Organized/Unstructured - Judging/Percieving
Accommodating/Ecocentric - Feeling/Thinking
Non-curious/Inquisitive - Sensing/Intuition

The large Global 5 test with hundreds of questions, and the smaller Global 5 test both give me INTJ results. RCUEN (ISTP) and SLOEI (ENTJ) describes me better though. On a bad day, ESFP.

I'll check OCEAN out.

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative. You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 88)

Conscientiousness
High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent. You probably have a messy desk! (Your percentile: 13)

Extraversion
High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet. You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 2)

Agreeableness
High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous. You are neither extremely forgiving nor irritable. (Your percentile: 50)

Neuroticism
High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy. You tend to become anxious or nervous. (Your percentile: 76)

So I guess, INxP.

This correlation is at best, shallow.

Here's for SLOAN

Social/Reserved - Extrovert/Introvert
Limbic/Calm - None
Organized/Unstructured - Judging/Percieving
Accommodating/Ecocentric - Feeling/Thinking
Non-curious/Inquisitive - Sensing/Intuition

The large Global 5 test with hundreds of questions, and the smaller Global 5 test both give me INTJ results. RCUEN (ISTP) and SLOEI (ENTJ) describes me better though. On a bad day, ESFP.

I'll check OCEAN out.

I think there is a pretty good correlation between MBTI and SLOAN (for me at least). I always come up SLOAI or RLOAI, with S/R being borderline. That's almost exactly how I test on MBTI.

boom2.jpg

- High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex;
- Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
- You prefer traditional and familiar experiences. (Your percentile: 0)

Conscientiousness
- High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful;
- Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
- You tend to do things somewhat haphazardly. (Your percentile: 25)

Extraversion
- High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative
- Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
- You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 5)

Agreeableness
- High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous;
- Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
- You find it easy to express irritation with others. (Your percentile: 32)

Neuroticism
- High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying;
- Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
- You are generally relaxed. (Your percentile: 27)

I suppose that makes me ISTP.

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 93)

Conscientiousness
High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
You probably have a messy desk! (Your percentile: 13)

Extraversion
High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
You tend to shy away from social situations. (Your percentile: 22)

Agreeableness
High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
You tend to consider the feelings of others. (Your percentile: 74)

Neuroticism
High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
You tend to become anxious or nervous. (Your percentile: 66)

INFP, seems about right.

[SIZE=+1]O[/SIZE]penness to Experience/Intellect
black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif
You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. [SIZE=-1](Your percentile: 80)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]C[/SIZE]onscientiousness
black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif
You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon. [SIZE=-1](Your percentile: 83)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]E[/SIZE]xtraversion
black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. [SIZE=-1](Your percentile: 15)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]A[/SIZE]greeableness
black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif
You find it easy to criticize others. [SIZE=-1](Your percentile: 8)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]N[/SIZE]euroticism
black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif
You probably remain calm, even in tense situations. [SIZE=-1](Your percentile: 18)[/SIZE]

I don't think that I'm that disagreeable :D
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

Agreeableness

You find it easy to express irritation with others. (Your percentile: 22) Interesting that this is assumed to correlate with being a Feeler. Most of the F types I know are pretty crabby.

I'm not sure that this correlates with feeling or thinking since I know both thinkers and feelers to have their "crabby" moments. Though most feelers I know are more sympathetic and forgiving and less likely to express criticism and harshness...unless their values are transgressed. I get most crabby when people transgress my boundaries or attempt to push me towards an unspoken agenda.

According to this I'm an ISTJ. Interesting.

O 80%
C 69%
E 5%
A 57%
N 60%

So uhhhh

INFJ? I'm a bit confused on the correlations. at first I thought is said ESTP because I think I did it backwards.

[SIZE=+1]O[/SIZE]penness to Experience/Intellect
black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif
You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. [SIZE=-1](Your percentile: 84)[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]C[/SIZE]onscientiousness
black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif
You probably have a messy desk! [SIZE=-1](Your percentile: 13)[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]E[/SIZE]xtraversion
black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif
You are relatively social and enjoy the company of others. [SIZE=-1](Your percentile: 70)[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]A[/SIZE]greeableness
black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif
You find it easy to criticize others.

[SIZE=-1](Your percentile: 8)[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]N[/SIZE]euroticism
black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif
You probably remain calm, even in tense situations. [SIZE=-1](Your percentile: 18)

The test always say SCUEI, I think SLUAI.
Maybe I think I'm nicer than I really am lol
[/SIZE]

Pretty much on target. INFJ; light on the physical organization, heavy on the mental organization.

black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif

You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 80)

Conscientiousness
black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif

You tend to do things somewhat haphazardly. (Your percentile: 35)

Extraversion
black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 5)

Agreeableness
black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif
You find it easy to express irritation with others. (Your percentile: 38)

Neuroticism
black-end.gif
black-line.gif
red-ball.gif
black-line.gif
black-end.gif
You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things. (Your percentile: 80)

intp?

This tells me I'm apparently INFJ. Hmmm

Sorry guys, I got the correlations wrong.

OCEAN gets I/E and N/S right about 75% of the time.
OCEAN gets T/F and J/P right only about 40% of the time.

I'm going to edit the OP to reflect this.

Looks like that's the case here. So far most of the INxx types have the proper correlations. About half got the T/F, J/P right.

It even got my ambiverted I/E very accurate.

Last edited:
According to the statistics, OCEAN has
a 75% chance of your I matching your MBTI
a 75% chance of your N matching your MBTI
a 45% chance of your F matching your MBTI
a 45% chance of your J matching your MBTI

Well i'm reasonably solid with P and pretty sure about INF so yeah.

Well i'm reasonably solid with P and pretty sure about INF so yeah.

Yeah, Arby's results say INFP (with a very borderline P score), so it doesn't perfectly correlate for everyone, but tends to be close.

I think my lean toward the T and P correlations on this test are likely becuase I've been in such a deep Ni and Ti mode lately. Ni dom is a P function, and my Ti has been in the lead over my Fe. /shrug I'll have to go back and take it again when I'm feeling 'more myself'.

Last edited: