Big 5 / MBTI Correlation | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Big 5 / MBTI Correlation

I'm sLUaI, test scored me RL|U|AI.

Test sucks.

According to the data compiled, there is a correlation between MBTI and Big 5 (the OCEAN test).

http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/

FFM = +/- MBTI
O = N/S Strong Correlation (70%)
C = J/P Moderate Correlation (45%)
E = E/I Strong Correlation (75%)
A = F/T Moderate Correlation (40%)
N = (Not present).

Here are my results.

O: 90+ (N) Strong Correlation
C: 30- (P) Poor Correlation
E: 48- (I) Strong Correlation
A: 22- (T) Poor Correlation
N: 49

They say I'm an INTP

:mpoke:

Today's results

O: 84+ (N) Strong Correlation
C: 21- (P) Poor Correlation
E: 64+ (E) Strong Correlation
A: 38- (T) Poor Correlation
N: 49

No really, ENTP!

That's ballin.

Actually, let's take a look at these results and correlations.

First, O to N. It tends to be a 70% correlation. I scored 90, then 84 on O, and I always score highest on N with MBTI / JCF tests. I'll call this a strong correlation.

Next, C to P. This tends to be 45% correlation. This means about half the time it doesn't match up with people's MBTI / JCF results. I don't find this at all surprising since the J and P axis is a really difficult thing to measure. Many people mistype on this axis, and I don't think Conscientiousness is an especially good indicator of Je dominant or auxiliary preferences. I have scored pretty median on the J/P axis, but consistently low on the C scale. No surprises here. I think this is simply a poor correlation for me. However, it is possible that a P (Ni, Ne, Si, Se) dominant would score lower on this scale than a J (Ti, Te, Fi, Fe) dominant. I'd like more data on that possibility. If that's the case, this would become a much stronger correlation.

Next, E to E. I actually rate this as a strong correlation. I have consistently scored ambiguously on the I/E axis, and my scores here are similarly ambiguous. 2% below to 14% above. Reasonable ambiguity repeated. Strong correlation. To this day, I teeter between believing myself an introvert, extrovert, ambivert, and usually assume this axis is problematic for JCF theory as it's based on social preferences, which the cognitive functions technically aren't.

A to T? This is the weakest correlation between OCEAN and MBTI (40% accuracy). 12% below F? Meh. Fair enough. I don't think I'm a T, but I also don't think anyone would argue that I have a weak T function.

I'm still half Neurotic, according to this test, heh. I'll have to try harder next time.

In other words, I think this is actually a fairly good correlation test.

Hehe, ENTP.

Well, I have a friend who thinks she's an ENTP, even though she clearly isn't. I suppose I should claim it too.

Last edited:
Openness to Experience/Intellect
High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 96)

Conscientiousness
High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
You are well-organized, and are reliable. (Your percentile: 64)

Extraversion
High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
You tend to shy away from social situations. (Your percentile: 31)

Agreeableness
High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
You are good-natured, courteous, and supportive. (Your percentile: 83)

Neuroticism
High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
You probably remain calm, even in tense situations. (Your percentile: 11)

Hmm, I dont think this really correlates to mbti. MBTI is all about cognitive functions. Thinking if it terms of 4 dichotomies really takes away from the greater meaning.

Sensors can be just as open to experience. ESTPs, ISTPs and ISFPs can be very creative and are extremely open to experience. Any some intuitives can be quite traditional and conventional.
Agreeableness has very little to do with thinking or feeling.

Reactions: Kgal
So I took five versions of this test just to see the results, and here's what I got:

Similar Minds' Longer Quiz
Extroversion ||||||||| 30%
Accommodation |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%
Orderliness ||||||||||||||||||||| 68%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||||| 57%
Openmindedness |||||||||||||||||||||||| 76%

Similar Minds' Shorter Quiz
Extroversion results (24%) were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.
Orderliness results (56%) were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.
Emotional Stability (34%) results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.
Accommodation results (60%) were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).
Inquisitiveness results (56%) were moderately high which suggests you are intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

Personality Testing Quiz
Extraversion - 15th Percentile
Conscientiousness - 47th Percentile
Neuroticism - 84th Percentile (What.)
Agreeableness - 57th Percentile
Openness - 59th Percentile

Truity Personality Test
Your score for Openness was high, at 77.5%.
Your score for Conscientiousness was high, at 75%.
Your score for Extraversion was moderate, at 37.5%.
Your score for Agreeableness was high, at 82.5%.
Your score for Neuroticism was moderate, at 57.5%.

Outofservice's Big Five Project
Openness to Experience/Intellect (Your percentile: 65) - You are relatively open to new experiences.
Conscientiousness (Your percentile: 30) - You tend to do things somewhat haphazardly.
Extraversion (Your percentile: 3) - You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone.
Agreeableness (Your percentile: 74) - You tend to consider the feelings of others.
Neuroticism (Your percentile: 80) - You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things.

What I got was a clear I (low Extroversion score), N (high Openness/Inquisitiveness score), and F (high Agreeableness/Accommodation score) with a higher-than-average level of neuroticism? (It's the quarter-life crisis, I say.)

Again, it's the J vs P (Conscientiousness/Orderliness) that yields the confusing result. Am I organized or do I do things haphazardly? The questions for this category are always vague though. Doesn't it depend on the situation? You'll be organized and a perfectionist when it comes to something that is of great worth to you, and pretty much careless with things that don't strike your interest.

Reactions: Elegant Winter
Again, it's the J vs P (Conscientiousness/Orderliness) that yields the confusing result. Am I organized or do I do things haphazardly? The questions for this category are always vague though. Doesn't it depend on the situation? You'll be organized and a perfectionist when it comes to something that is of great worth to you, and pretty much careless with things that don't strike your interest.

You haven't seen haphazardly until you see an unorganized J, totally psychotic I tell ya. Just hope its not an SJ because they will fuck things up soooo fast. You ever see a horror flick and wonder to yourself why this ain't right as they wouldn't do that... Don't put it past an SJ!

What you say I lost my marbles!? Marbles go in a bag!! I don't want the marbles I want the bag!!! *pelts you with marbles* /crazy

Reactions: heiots
You haven't seen haphazardly until you see an unorganized J, totally psychotic I tell ya. Just hope its not an SJ because they will fuck things up soooo fast. You ever see a horror flick and wonder to yourself why this ain't right as they wouldn't do that... Don't put it past an SJ!

What you say I lost my marbles!? Marbles go in a bag!! I don't want the marbles I want the bag!!! *pelts you with marbles* /crazy

But marbles are pretty.

I've seen an unorganized SJ - my Mom - during a bad time. It's a nightmare I prefer never to experience again.