Best thing anyone ever said to you | INFJ Forum

Best thing anyone ever said to you

Scientia

A true lady
Aug 28, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
We all have certain compliments or comments that we keep close to our hearts.

Recently, I have been replaying this one:

"You make me think, laugh and want to be a better person more than anyone else I know."

Makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Share yours!

"You can do anything you put your mind to."

First one I thought of.

So many things... Mostly mom and boyfriend. :mf: Too private to say it here, I think. :m163:

But because I posted something to this thread, I guess I need to tell at least something...

''It's so rare to see so much good in one person.''

Reactions: Switchgirl
"Only with you, I can be myself"

.. After continuous attempts to get that person to open up :)

'So you failed (I failed my final year during my first degree)... what a wonderful gift. Failure is also a gift'

Said to me by an old man who took time to counsel me in my bereft state. I got on with re-taking my final year and gained a distinction. He taught me in one sentence to never be afraid of failure again.

The other one is my husband saying, 'I do' xxx

Great question! I don't have a great answer... I over analyze too much. I would have to say when my wife said "Yes" when I proposed, just "yes", not much more than that, was probably the best.

Reactions: Switchgirl
I suppose it would be wrong to include film quotes... x

"You taught me a lot in terms of morals and values. Thank you."

It made me feel so appreciated :)

I've heard a lot of mushy things from my partner, but I think I'll keep them for myself ;)

I'm in nursing school and we are constantly scrutinized and evaluated on every single little thing and it stresses me out a lot. BUT my last instructor told me "You actually genuinely care for the patients, that is the one thing we can't teach in the program. You'll be an excellent nurse." and "You're comfortable with the other nurses, doctors, and the patient's families. They like you and you seem to belong here."

Hearing that was so confirming that I'm in the right program and I'm not killing myself working so hard for a career that doesn't fit for me. When I struggle with balancing all the school work and clinical work, I remind myself of those 2 comments and it motivates me to keep moving forward.

I was complaining once that it's hard to make a song with my name, and there aren't songs about my name. And he made a little song, "Loquacious lips, clever quips, my name is ....." and I really liked that.

"You're worth to be damn!" I think that's what I live for to show myself I cherish life.

Yesterday a flatmate told me that I'm the only person she knows that cherishes receiving critique. I know I do, but was surprised that she didn't know anyone else who could. Made me feel special a little.

The best thing ever?
Meh :(

I don't know the exact quote as it was years ago. Also I heard the same multiple times so maybe the quotes got mixed up. Also two people in my life have said this.
Btw, incredibly not like an INTJ to receive this praise :p

"You're the nicest person I know."
"You are way too nice to me."
"I wish to become as nice as you are."
To Xth person at dinner with 10+ others ((I overheard it)) "Erlian? He's so incredibly nice!"

While they were extremely satisfying on one side, they also left a hole in me. I didn't want to be just nice. I wanted to be funny, loved, interesting.
Nice doesn't get you friends. Nice doesn't get you in a relationship. Nice doesn't get you a job. Once you've obtained these, you get to keep them longer due to being nice. But I first need to obtain them...
I'm not only nice anymore as I used to be. For the better ;)

"He's a nerd but he's so fucking cool."

I love my friends

"The world needs more people like you."
Someone said that to me durning a very dark time for me. I was 21 or so. It was not said by a person I knew well. For a long while when I felt at my darkest I would think back to that and try to think what it is they saw in me. It added to the strength I needed to pull myself out of the darkest places.
A random thing said by a stranger. Its amazing the power it had.

I love these responses!

Keep 'em coming!

Oh, I have a new one paraphrased from three members of the Board earlier this week: "You are irreplaceable and innovative. You are charting new territory and we are so excited about what you are doing. We would not be as good as we are if you were not working here, so what can we do to support your efforts?" This is after they funded me last year and gave me everything I asked for and more in a field that does not usually fund individuals nor do they call them irreplaceable. I truly love my job.

whacher job? :)

I think this is a pretty nice thing to hear!
If I ever get the chance and remember it, I'll sure tell her this :p
(Has to be really serious though)

areyQ20_700b.jpg

"Damn I just remembered I have a load of work to do tomorrow, our conversations totally take me away from that, like I'm on a mountain or something *laughs* "

I was having a disagreement about film aesthetics with someone recently and it was surprisingly very civil, mature, and respectful towards each other being that it was on the internet where such things are very rare.

It had to be the most productive disagreement I've ever encountered in my life. They ended their part by referring to some points I had made as being quite brilliant. I generally take compliments with a grain of salt as it's an easy manipulation tactic, but for someone engaged in debate and argument it is almost unheard of.

I believe the topic must of been personally very important to the person for them to have been so strongly affected.

(I wouldn't call this the best thing ever said to me. I just think sweet nothings and relationships are a little too obvious.)

"I've never been like this with anyone else. I'm not in love with you or anything, but I don't like you hanging out and goofing off without me. I get jealous like I'm going to miss something. I want you all to myself- I like you too damn much to share you." That one definitely caught me off guard.

Same person years later- "Yeah sometimes your hard to put up with- and it's worth it. It's worth it when you open up."

A friend used to beg me to tell them about books I was reading and I would describe the entire plot, character development and ending, while adding all kinds of points of view and arguments about why the story was so damn good. After doing this a few times I told him to just read the damn books to which he replied- "It's always better when you tell me."