• Total voters

invisible

On Holiday
Sep 30, 2009
Avalon Archipelago
MBTI
none
vx2eew.jpg

What is Katy Perry's best song? Please vote on public poll and make remarks.

please range of topic and contribute comments about how Katy Perry does not write her songs, cannot date the right man, is a terrible musician, has a flawless complexion or figure, is talented at posing for pin-up shots, exclusively records atrocious music, or whatever.

Last edited:
My first favorite was Hot and Cold, then it was Firework, and now it's Wide Awake, hands down. Wide Awake has a more relatable message since I'm not a teenage dream or a California girl. :D

Reactions: invisible
cant believe i forgot to put Part Of Me on the options. thats my fav. i know it is because my phone tells me ive listened to it a lot more times than the others. hate the clip though, and i think her voice sounds terrible on it. but i like the lyrics and the anger.

teenage dream is a pretty superbly composed pop confection though. its not my personal favourite, but it comes close, and i think its "objectively" the best.

Her best song isn't on the poll. Thinking of You is her best song[SUP][/SUP]

I don't have a favorite song from Katy Perry but there's always at least one part of every song that she sings that I enjoy, It's usually the part where she stops singing.

Katy Perry is the only Artist that enrages me when I hear her music. I have to give her credit for being skilled at knowing how to do that.

Katy Perry is the only Artist that enrages me when I hear her music. I have to give her credit for being skilled at knowing how to do that.

Enrage how? Do you like hulk out or something? Can we bottle that anger? Has anyone spoken to you about the Avengers Initiative?

I can just picture releasing you out of your cage while someone blasts 'Firework' on the loud speakers.

Please don't ask me to explain because I can't. All I can say is there is a lot of bullshit going on that my brain is allergic to.

It's probably the sophisticated and complex sound. :)

As for me, Katy Perry doesn't really register on a 'pop super star' level for me. She and her songs are just there. Manufactured. Saccharine. Even though I'll admit she's quite vocally talented, there's a vacancy to her music that's more pronounced than the Britney Spears and Christina Aguileras of the world.

That, and as it so happens, my little ni-ni's are obsessed with her. I cannot tell you how much I despise that Dark Horse song. I've heard it no less than fifty billion times.

Last edited:
Mostly I just like the production. Like the super reverb woodblock/claves or whatever sound in Unconditionally. It makes the entire song.

eh, i like them all.

This is really hard! She has lot of good songs. Maybe California Gurls, it has a good beat and it's very fun and summery. :)

Roar. During my Candy Crush addiction, I loved sending the video to my brother when I beat his scores. Drove him nuts! I was the master at that game. Good times.

I love cheesy music but Miss Perry is troublingly annoying in person x

The one that got away.

I just watched the Dark Horse video for the first time. I love the song but the video was not as great as it could have been. At one point, I thought she was attempting to channel Michael Jackson's music video "Do you remember the time." Don't think it worked out so well. I admire the creativity in music videos but this one fell short. She could have done so much more with it. Actually, an Asian themed video would have fit Dark House much better than an Egyptian theme.

Last edited:
It's a three-way tie between Wide Awake, Roar,and Firework. They all make for good, easy, and fun Karaoke songs.

Dark Horse took me a while to grow accustomed to, especially since half my students last spring wouldn't stop singing it, and then the worst thing happened: it got stuck in my head for three months :p And then there's this guy who made the song tolerable again:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jus7S5vBJyU

I was into I Kissed a Girl for a good couple of months.

I gotta say I kissed a Girl may be the best thing that Dr. Luke has ever written, not just out of his work with Katy Perry but his work with anyone.

i think i like KP's songs better when someone else is singing them too =p [MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]

by the by this guy [video=youtube_share;R5ahUfBzXMM]http://youtu.be/R5ahUfBzXMM[/video]

opened for her and i think he's great

I like quite a few of them, but my favorite is Firework.

There are so many amazing people in the world, and so many of them don't realize just how awesome they are.
In my genuine opinion, Firework seems to highlight this and attempt to make people realize that everyone has qualities that make them awesome, Qualities that make them shine and encourages them to like and be themselves.