Avoiding Intuition | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Avoiding Intuition

Who can speak of the unspeakable?
That's exactly what the problem is.
We try to use words where words have no business.
Mind uses words.
Intuition is not mind.

Here it is. I understand now.
You are misusing your own natural intuition.
Misunderstanding its purpose, might be a better way to put it...

Intuition is a tool for you - not for others to understand.
What they do with theirs, if they have any, is up to them.
But yours is yours.

Nothing needs explaining.
Intuition shows you the path to take. You take it.
It shows you what to say. You say it.
You are trying to make people understand why you are you.
Instead of showing them who you are.

This is what I describe as the difference between being something, and giving the appearance of something.

There really is a huge difference.

Am I OK? versus: See? I am OK.

Crow's eye view. Takes practice. And possibly wings :)

I am not misusing my intuition. I simply have a strong drive to understand my world. It gives me fufillement, understanding, reason. I am constantly self improving, redefining what I know and think. I have to, it is who I am. I do know that sometimes I overprocess things, and I do know how to quell it and calm down. I always emerge from things more ware for the wise. As said initally, it is about finding middle ground.

To me, my intuition is meant to be shared. I love to communicate, and share with people. It is a way to learn. I want to better the lives of people I know, and m experiences are a way to do it. I use my intuition to give people advice. I wouldn't be able to do so if I didn't process my intuitive thoughts and understand them.

What works for you, and what works for me are two totally different things. As racoon said intuition strives to be applied. I am always fixing myself, analyzing. This is simply my methods of doing it. This doesn't mean I am misusing it. If I had not made alot of progress, I would have abandoned it.

Reactions: poita
I want to better the lives of people I know, and m experiences are a way to do it. I use my intuition to give people advice.

If that is what you want to do, that is what you must try for.
I too, have a need to offer assistance.
That has a lot to do with why I am here, now.

But in order to be in a position to assist, you need to be very sure you are not the one in need of assistance.

What you achieve is directly proportional to what you put into it.

Who can speak of the unspeakable?
That's exactly what the problem is.
We try to use words where words have no business.
Mind uses words.
Intuition is not mind.

Of course intuition is mind. All the cognitive functions are mind.

Trust me, I know that in order to help others I have to help myself. I do. I will say it again. I am constantly self improving; working on myself. I take time for myself when I need to recharge. When I need assistance, I will seek it out. I always have. It takes time for me to realise that I do have to seek help from another, as I am highly self relielent, but I will do it. I can not begin to explain the level of effort I put into self improving, and helping others. It is one of the most importnat things in my life.

Of course intuition is mind. All the cognitive functions are mind.

This.

The intuitive mind is just highly nondescript. Therefore gives the presentation that it is not really mental. Yet, it is, very much so. You can trace thoughts back to see it examples of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Love
Well.
You seem to know what's going on.
I am relieved to hear it.

ahh
now comes my question.

I've been battling this with myself for quite sometime.

sometimes, my feeling part and intuition part come into conflict in some sort of way until it is almost impossible to tell if its intuition or feeling. i dont know how to explain it but its something like you really really think, or know, as crow puts it, but when it comes down to it it is actually just how you are feeling. how do you differentiate?

...my feeling part and intuition part come into conflict in some sort of way until it is almost impossible to tell if its intuition or feeling...

Intuition, misread/untrusted, becomes feeling/emotion.
The mind starts interpreting the intuition.
You can spot the difference:
Feelings you can explain with words.
Intuition, you can't.

Intuition, you can't.

This isn't always the case. There are many times, where I can explain my intuition, but not my feeling. This actually is far more common for me.

There are times where I will get an emotional upwelling, and will have no idea what emotion I am feeling is. I can somewhat relate it to other emotions I am having, but the are severely deficent at describing what I am feeling. To this day I can describe what the feeling is. I can do so in a round about way, but it isn't totally up to snuff. Intuition I can often explain. There is some kind of base you can work with, and draw lines to.

Think about it: Feelings are hard to explain with words. It can be done though, because 90% of feelings are common and shared between the entire world. The second you leave that bubble, it becomes very diffucult.

As far as telling apart intuition and feelings, there isn't really a set way to explain how to do it. This has to be discovered within yourself because it is entirely internal, and unique to you. The best advice I can give is to try and draw on examples where you can tell intuition and feeling apart, and use it as a template. Stress also will make this very hard. Stress intrinsicly will warp emotions, and supress them until they turn into something else.

Intuition, misread/untrusted, becomes feeling/emotion.
The mind starts interpreting the intuition.
You can spot the difference:
Intuition, you can't.

I agree. but sometimes I really really cant tell the difference. its annoying to say the least haha

This isn't always the case. There are many times, where I can explain my intuition, but not my feeling. This actually is far more common for me.

There are times where I will get an emotional upwelling, and will have no idea what emotion I am feeling is. I can somewhat relate it to other emotions I am having, but the are severely deficent at describing what I am feeling. To this day I can describe what the feeling is. I can do so in a round about way, but it isn't totally up to snuff. Intuition I can often explain. There is some kind of base you can work with, and draw lines to.

Think about it: Feelings are hard to explain with words. It can be done though, because 90% of feelings are common and shared between the entire world. The second you leave that bubble, it becomes very diffucult.

As far as telling apart intuition and feelings, there isn't really a set way to explain how to do it. This has to be discovered within yourself because it is entirely internal, and unique to you. The best advice I can give is to try and draw on examples where you can tell intuition and feeling apart, and use it as a template. Stress also will make this very hard. Stress intrinsicly will warp emotions, and supress them until they turn into something else.

yeah man. stress always screws around my head haha

Reactions: IndigoSensor
yeah man. stress always screws around my head haha

Yes, under stress we can get wrapped around our own thoughts and emotions, we can become close-minded and neglect others opinions or ideals, we no longer use our aiding intuition process but instead we release all this negative thoughts in a selfish,impulsive way which is where I think is when the shadow function comes in and we go to our'' ESTP'' mood. just a theory anyway :)

Yes, under stress we can get wrapped around our own thoughts and emotions, we can become close-minded and neglect others opinions or ideals, we no longer use our aiding intuition process but instead we release all this negative thoughts in a selfish,impulsive way which is where I think is when the shadow function comes in and we go to our'' ESTP'' mood. just a theory anyway :)

sounds just about right for me too haha
I really hate it when I go ESTP and dont realise it yet. i keep thinking it is intuition when it is not -.-

I don't want to make an entirely new thread for this, but here are some confessions.

I passively use my Ni in the way that abstractly interpret things and am automatically set to a "Why?" and "meaning" mode...

But this whole reading auras and psychic abilities thing...I don't know. I feel silly to trust my intuition. I always feel the need to justify it. How can I learn to trust it? I don't want to become overly reliant on my intuition, but I want there to be a better balance.

I don't want to make an entirely new thread for this, but here are some confessions.

I passively use my Ni in the way that abstractly interpret things and am automatically set to a "Why?" and "meaning" mode...

But this whole reading auras and psychic abilities thing...I don't know. I feel silly to trust my intuition. I always feel the need to justify it. How can I learn to trust it? I don't want to become overly reliant on my intuition, but I want there to be a better balance.

Well since Ni is your dominant function, it makes it a little hard for you not to rely on it. Balance is the key, but where exactly is this balance? that's the tricky part