Attraction to intense, passionate partners | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Attraction to intense, passionate partners

I find introverts intense and extraverts not

We are on the same page, I'm just terrible at wording things a lot of the time lol

I will say though, I think extroverts just extrovert their intensity. A highly passionate extrovert will be way more engaged in the physical world than any introvert could ever hope to be :tongueclosed:
I'm friends with a guy who does bike racing, goes to church regularly, rock climbs, has been all over the world, has many hobbies, goes out with friends every weekend and he is in school... just thinking about the dude's life tires me out.
But he is awesome and I am a bit of a potato. It's next to impossible to get him to talk about anything with emotional substance but when he talks about activities he lights up and can talk forever.
INFJs have a strong desire for conversational depth, passion and self-reflection. Otherwise the rest has little meaning. That's why all of the tips for INFJs talk about engaging with your Se, to get out of your head and interact with the world.

We are on the same page, I'm just terrible at wording things a lot of the time lol

I will say though, I think extroverts just extrovert their intensity. A highly passionate extrovert will be way more engaged in the physical world than any introvert could ever hope to be :tongueclosed:
I'm friends with a guy who does bike racing, goes to church regularly, rock climbs, has been all over the world, has many hobbies, goes out with friends every weekend and he is in school... just thinking about the dude's life tires me out.
But he is awesome and I am a bit of a potato. It's next to impossible to get him to talk about anything with emotional substance but when he talks about activities he lights up and can talk forever.
INFJs have a strong desire for conversational depth, passion and self-reflection. Otherwise the rest has little meaning. That's why all of the tips for INFJs talk about engaging with your Se, to get out of your head and interact with the world.
Amen...

Reactions: Gaze and Wyote
Ahh...You guys are all so cool... I FEEL the INFJ / INTROVERT intensity coursing through this place!! ;)

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 33d6024ff770e02c7f3d5b41165ca9e7.jpg
    33d6024ff770e02c7f3d5b41165ca9e7.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 0
DSC_0441.JPG

Just getting started...

Reactions: Wyote and Misty
Yassssssss!!!! NOW...GO forth Wyote and find me the perfect fire breathing..INTENSE - LOYAL male introvert to drag off into my lair!! Will accept applications from the following: INFJ - INTJ - INFP if he promises to clean!! Muahahahaa!!

JOKING.....

cough.. sorta

I still very much enjoy the company of intense and passionate people, but at some point I started to find sturdiness and stability more attractive. High energy people often lack stability. It is endearing, but tiresome for me personally. I try very hard to have peace and stability, and though extreme passion and energy is highly alluring, the home in my heart wants tranquility, mindfulness and empathy above all else.

I also found that being the more passionate one in the relationship is more gratifying for me anyway. Just a personal discovery.

Me too

Mostly I watch the roller coaster from a safe distance. I prefer the existential intensity of introverts with fewer words and deeper soul communication and connection.

Omg.. I can't stop laughing.. sides hurt.. uhh.. That flaming Elmo.. omg. Bahahaaa.. It's going to haunt me now!! INFJ ..too - much - imagery!! MAKE IT STOP!

Mostly I watch the roller coaster from a safe distance. I prefer the existential intensity of introverts with fewer words and deeper soul communication and connection.
YES... but THAT also counts as the intensity I speak of.. with intense deep convos.. Some of us are "sapiosexual".. likely all of us in this forum as INFJ TJ ETC..in the sense that we are stimulated by deep convos.. THAT is the intensity of which I speak... :)

YES... but THAT also counts as the intensity I speak of.. with intense deep convos.. Some of us are "sapiosexual".. likely all of us in this forum as INFJ TJ ETC..in the sense that we are stimulated by deep convos.. THAT is the intensity of which I speak... :)

Some deep conversation is great. I also just like being together with Her in silence. I guess it would be kind of awkward being silent too much with a new friend. It's probably something that takes time, growing together in comfort and feeling safe. This may just be my perspective. I don't know.
I like having deep conversations with a few friends and occasionally new ones. Often the conversation in my head is more than enough. Laughs.

Yassssssss!!!! NOW...GO forth Wyote and find me the perfect fire breathing..INTENSE - LOYAL male introvert to drag off into my lair!! Will accept applications from the following: INFJ - INTJ - INFP if he promises to clean!! Muahahahaa!!

JOKING.....

cough.. sorta

O____O

*continues quietly licking her popsicle*

I hope I am not loved here. That would be completely uncalled for.