Asteroid will hit earth | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Asteroid will hit earth

Thanks to @the I got around to following the link. I don't see what the post has to do with anything in this thread but I do appreciate you attempting to help others here understand how you see and interact with the world.
Do you feel as if your condition could be considered a handicap? Does understanding that you are effected by it help in the managment of the symptoms?

You're the one claiming with absolute certainty to know more than experts on the subject. If it was sarcasm or some kind of joke then it says a lot that I just could not tell with you. You're beyond parody at this point.

You're the one claiming with absolute certainty to know more than experts on the subject. If it was sarcasm or some kind of joke then it says a lot that I just could not tell with you. You're beyond parody at this point.
I never claimed that. Please show where I claimed to know more.
In the mean time let me ask you a question. Do you believe your "experts" would tell the world of an impending asteroid strike that had the potential to kill most life on earth as soon as they knew it would more than likely hit the earth?

I love it when posters suddenly get amnesia when they're caught out.

Reactions: ImaginaryBloke
It's really not hard to find. I recently picked up a like on the post.

It's really not hard to find. I recently picked up a like on the post.
I'll ask one more time. What is the number of the post where you quoted me.

I have come to believe this in the past couple of days all due to NASA releasing a statement saying there's not that much to really worry about when one hits in terms of destruction. Going on to say that where it hits (As we all already know) has a large effect on the overall effect. Also that if we're to hit a city there would be plenty of heads up to evacuate. Also that movies are a poor representation of what a strike would actually do.

But we all know differently. So why would NASA come out and make blatantly contradictory statements? I think it's because they know of at least one that will hit and when they announce it they are trying to put a narrative into people's minds so that they won't go crazy in the streets.
Obviously I could be wrong but let's see how this plays out.
i can't find the nasa statement containing the contradictory lines of which you speak. Did you read this coming straight from NASA or a secondary source?

Reactions: Eventhorizon
i can't find the nasa statement containing the contradictory lines of which you speak. Did you read this coming straight from NASA or a secondary source?
I heard it from a secondary science channel. I don't remember which.

Reactions: acd
giphy.gif

Stu, EH, Chaz, eventually EH will find the joke. And it will hit you all hard.

Reactions: Stu
I would feel utterly selfish to not try to do anything. I try to always do something.

What you are saying is fairly common, for example someone passes out surrounded by a lot of people and nobody does anything, because they all think "somebody else will do this/is more competent at this". The effect is that you are more likely to get helped if there is few people around you, vs. a lot.

Think about it.
You have taken something in one context and generalised it to a completely unrelated context.
Think about it.

@Stu. I have looked and can't find where I heard this. I believe it was a YouTube science channel that was reporting on something NASA had said at the time. I'm giving up.

Reactions: Stu
@Stu. I have looked and can't find where I heard this. I believe it was a YouTube science channel that was reporting on something NASA had said at the time. I'm giving up.
Thanks for trying, I did see some very interesting programs out of the jet propulsion lab and the Near-Earth Object website (NASA) in that NASA and the ESA take this stuff seriously, asteroidday.org has lots of good info and there are plenty of ideas of how the earth can be better safe guarded.