Asteroid will hit earth | INFJ Forum

Asteroid will hit earth

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
I have come to believe this in the past couple of days all due to NASA releasing a statement saying there's not that much to really worry about when one hits in terms of destruction. Going on to say that where it hits (As we all already know) has a large effect on the overall effect. Also that if we're to hit a city there would be plenty of heads up to evacuate. Also that movies are a poor representation of what a strike would actually do.

But we all know differently. So why would NASA come out and make blatantly contradictory statements? I think it's because they know of at least one that will hit and when they announce it they are trying to put a narrative into people's minds so that they won't go crazy in the streets.
Obviously I could be wrong but let's see how this plays out.

I have come to believe this in the past couple of days all due to NASA releasing a statement saying there's not that much to really worry about when one hits in terms of destruction. Going on to say that where it hits (As we all already know) has a large effect on the overall effect. Also that if we're to hit a city there would be plenty of heads up to evacuate. Also that movies are a poor representation of what a strike would actually do.

But we all know differently. So why would NASA come out and make blatantly contradictory statements? I think it's because they know of at least one that will hit and when they announce it they are trying to put a narrative into people's minds so that they won't go crazy in the streets.
Obviously I could be wrong but let's see how this plays out.

don't worry , we'll just use our top secret space lasers (pwew pwew)

asteroid-impact-dinosaur-extinction.gif

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
If a big one hits, most of us won't notice it until we're dead. so little point in worrying about it. The only thing we could possibly do is have a plan if a smaller one hits that tosses us into survival scenarios or triggers severe climate changes.

All in all though. unless we want to come up with ways to revive the planet and re-introduce humanity to it in case we get wiped out, then there is little we can do about it.

Would be cool though if we had a base set up on the moon that automatically introduces the factors needed to restore the planet and reintroduce humanity to it.

giphy.gif

Watch out where you fart, people. A "Small One" can be just as devastating.

Reactions: the and Sandie33
Thanks to @the I got around to following the link. I don't see what the post has to do with anything in this thread but I do appreciate you attempting to help others here understand how you see and interact with the world.
Do you feel as if your condition could be considered a handicap? Does understanding that you are effected by it help in the managment of the symptoms?

It is a complete waste of time worrying about it. If it hits we'll be dead or if not we deal with it to the best of our abilities. I say just leave it to the scientists to try to work out if they can be predicted or not and if it is possible to deflect/destroy it before it reaches Earth.

It is a complete waste of time worrying about it. If it hits we'll be dead or if not we deal with it to the best of our abilities. I say just leave it to the scientists to try to work out if they can be predicted or not and if it is possible to deflect/destroy it before it reaches Earth.

I would feel utterly selfish to not try to do anything. I try to always do something.

What you are saying is fairly common, for example someone passes out surrounded by a lot of people and nobody does anything, because they all think "somebody else will do this/is more competent at this". The effect is that you are more likely to get helped if there is few people around you, vs. a lot.

Think about it.

Reactions: Sandie33