Ascension/Awakening | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Ascension/Awakening

I don't think we've evolved that much. In the First World we are afforded a lot of luxuries but people still get raped, abused, tortured and we are still slaves. We are slaves to materialism, slaves to our Ego, slaves to all of these "goals" that we have to obtain in order to get to the other side, to get to heaven, to enlightenment, to the next rung on the corporate ladder, into the next tax bracket, etc etc etc. It's a different kind of slavery whereby we are slaves to money and all of these outer adornments that we couldn't possibly have less of a use for.

That's what people need to wake up to before the can hope to achieve anything else. It's not just about meditating and purifying your body and soul. It's not just about balancing your Chakras or following the 8 Fold Path or trying to be as kind hearted and sweet as you can. Enlightenment is not about how many good deeds you can do, how many little zen quotes you can recite and how many existential books you read. It is about Truth and it is about Authenticity. It is an experience and you cannot chase it. Some people spend their entire lives chasing it and they might get thiiiiiiiiiiis cloooooooooooose but never make it there.

In my opinion Enlightenment is burning away your own identity. Banishing all of those conditions set upon you at birth. Realizing that you are not the things you possess, you are not your location, you are not your country, your family, your heritage, etc. You are energy/consciousness. You are whatever it is you are and we are all one and we are all in this thing together.

I think my particular approach, if you want to call it that, is to abandon everything I felt ever identified me and solidified me into this role or character that has been created for me and that I have perpetuated. Some people think this is insanity but for me it is the only thing that make sense.

Reactions: JGirl
Climbing the Holy Mountain

I can't guide anyone to enlightenment as i'm not entirely sure what it is. I mean i've heard many peoples interpretations including such general ones as: it's 'true wisdom and perfect happiness', but i haven't reached a state of perfect happiness or true wisdom so i can't say i'm there.

I also know that there is a big difference between knowing something and truely undertsanding it. So even if someone was able to explain enlightenment to me in intricate detail, unless i experienced it i might not truely understand it

What i do know for sure because it is a process i have experienced is one of evolving perceptions. By that i mean that a perception of reality that i once held becomes overturned and i see the world anew.

I think this is what Blake was talking about when he talked of shaking off the 'mind forg'd manacles' and 'cleansing the doors of perception'

I do believe that we can find doors in our perceptions and if we walk through those doors we can radically alter our perception of things and how we feel and experience things, because this is happening to me. My perceptions are constantly evolving. I am not the same person i was a year ago or will be a year from now in terms of my perceptions and am now at a point where i am very open to possibilities.

It is possible to point people to doors in their perception. I'll use the analogy that KGal used which is climbing the Holy Mountain. We are all climbing it and at different stages. We all have a different view depending on where we are on that mountain. It is also possible to shout down to people below and say 'hey i've found a way up this bit' so that they can follow.

What has been happening for a while, perhaps rapidly since the invention of the printing press, is the wide dissemination of information. The internet has seen this process go stratospheric which has meant a shift in many peoples perceptions which is manifesting as actual changes.

I agree with Sandra B's words of caution and i've been advised myself that the 'buyer beware' as there are people out there seeking to profit or exploit the open minded.

The difficulty then comes in opening up the mind to possibilities whilst not opening up ones self to exploitation.

I also agree with what you've said about a goal orientated society, however i do think that there are legitimate teachings that have evolved or been passed down that can aid a person on their spiritual quest and these sometimes require practitioners to meet certain aims and also to be disciplined in their approach.

Our current system is a fear based system which gets people in debt to it or keeps them having to make payments all the time with the fear of certain reactions if these requirements are not met. This is why i have banged on and on about anarchist communism because i believe that it is a system that does not depend on fear for it to run. I also think that it would allow more leisure time to pursue other matters whether spiritual or otherwise.

The friend who advised me is always telling me that 'it's internal' and that i shouldn't spend so much focus on the problems of the external world. I understand this to a certain point and maybe i should shift my focus.

I try in my posts to give information or ideas that can act as a door to further avenues of exploration. I think when a person walks through that door of perception and learns that the world is actually far stranger and far more interesting then they had ever thought then it is a special thing. I also think that the riches that can be gained from this process of exploration and discovery are far greater than any material riches and can sustain someone perhaps for a lifetime.

These things shouldn't represent goals but rather a journey to....well does it even matter where to?

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt3737
@sandra_b you say you dont believe this poppycock, yet you are spreading the word! your words have just shaped someones world view for the better, and that is what this thread is about, thank you. :) we are consciousness, and we are brothers (minus gender)! we do have to remove the self from the equation, a goal listed in many religious and spiritual sects. in 1400 china it was a little more difficult to spread the word than it is now. this is the communication revolution, and consciousness is using it to its advantage. it is letting consciousness do the work, instead of taking over with your ego. i see us doing this more because we see others doing this. an awesome trick that is, consciousness using animal nature to make more conscious. monkey see, monkey do.

Here's the relevant information for this discussion.

The concept of 'Progress'.

@sandra_b you say you dont believe this poppycock, yet you are spreading the word! your words have just shaped someones world view for the better, and that is what this thread is about, thank you. :) we are consciousness, and we are brothers (minus gender)! we do have to remove the self from the equation, a goal listed in many religious and spiritual sects. in 1400 china it was a little more difficult to spread the word than it is now. this is the communication revolution, and consciousness is using it to its advantage. it is letting consciousness do the work, instead of taking over with your ego. i see us doing this more because we see others doing this. an awesome trick that is, consciousness using animal nature to make more conscious. monkey see, monkey do.

Oh, I believe in what *I* said but I am not so quick to jump on the New Age bandwagon and some of the ideas they have. I've been there, don't really plan to revisit. I'm coming around to my own thoughts and feelings about Enlightenment. Not so much Ascension. Maybe some consider it the same.

Oh, I believe in what *I* said but I am not so quick to jump on the New Age bandwagon and some of the ideas they have. I've been there, don't really plan to revisit. I'm coming around to my own thoughts and feelings about Enlightenment. Not so much Ascension. Maybe some consider it the same.
your consciousness = everyone else's consciousness. consciousness is fixed, eternal, infinite.

Reactions: Kmal
Hi Kmal

you are on a different part of the mountain to some other people. You might find it virtually impossible to talk them through the terrain necessary to get them to where you are.

Do it by walking them though one perception at a time

I have a friend who has a gift for seeing where people are and giving them what they need at the time to walk through a door and see a whole new world behind that door. He makes it look easy but i think its hard

I am not ruling out the possibility that a change to consciousness is occuring for example through the Schuman resonances raising our level of consciousness but you have to be very careful who you talk to about this stuff. Some will flat out call you crazy (i've been called crazy many times on this forum...but my predictions keep coming true!) and remember that the system is like the matrix.

It will react against you if you threaten it. If you go around trying to switch people on it will lock you up and can even justify doing this on mental health grounds. Look at what they did to leary....they locked him up for years for having a joint roach.....no grass, just a roach in his possession!. I bet if he hadn't had one they'd have planted one.

But then he escaped from prison ha ha!

Keep it alive, but pick your language, your moments and your audience as everyone is on a different part of the mountain and some are still seeing the world in very concrete terms

You're not alone :)

Reactions: Kmal
Hi [MENTION=2259]Kmal[/MENTION].

I thought I'd answer your visitor message here as it is somewhat on topic, and my answer is too long. :eek:hwell:

How do you see life right now?

I see a wide landscape opening up before me and I have the power to paint it as I intend. This is based upon knowing my true intentions, though. Meditation is helping with this.

I used to be one of those people who received all sorts of notices and emails about impending world doom or another species has perished from the earth. I would cry and cry when I read those. I quit receiving/looking for that type of information. The humans are destroying the planet...of this I have no doubt. Trying to force them to stop has not worked. Trying to "force" anyone or anything has not worked very well in my lifetime. Buddhism teaches one to accept the flow of all things - the river. In order to work it - one has to work WITH it. Right?

So I stepped back from hitting people on the head with a wet mop.(this is an old southern saying....sorry for the slang) Loving them is best. No matter the outcome of the animals or the planet....loving people with compassion - in their darkest hour - helps to lessen their fear. When one does this - it gives the light of reason a chance to penetrate the gloom of fear in people's hearts. I've seen that spark of light then move outward in their lives to touch others and so on. That's the best I can do while I'm here.

I am seeing many, many people doing this now. Even here in the dark ages of TX. :lol:

There are many people around the globe who follow non violent teachings and principals.

An example in my life of random compassionate connection happened with a tech support guy in India. I don't know how the conversation started but before I knew it he was encouraging me to practice pranayama breathing and to drink gooseberry mixed with aloe vera juice. He promised me it would make me healthier and happier. He encouraged me to tell all of my American friends. We talked far longer than his supervisor would have liked. At least on 2 occasions he suddenly lapsed into technical talk right in the middle of another subject. I remember giggling and going along with him.

What fun! He was so nice and sincere....giving me knowledge freely to make my life better. He had nothing to gain - say - in an immediate way - for himself. But I know that he knows we are connected even while being separated by 12,000 miles. He knows my well being and peace of mind aids his and those of his loved ones and the sentient beings on the planet.

I looked up pranayama breathing and the juice and they do indeed facilitate healing: both on a physical level and a heart level. Do I drink the juice? No. Because gooseberry is not available down here where I live. I have started growing my own Aloe plant, though, and it's almost large enough to start squeezing the juice and mixing it with water.
And breathing? Oh yes. The descriptions online about the breathing has helped me enhance my own awareness of my habits. I have a reminder on my calendar that comes up periodically through the day telling me to take 3 Breaths. This has improved my mindfulness.

So you see....this one tech support guy clear around the world has influenced my life for the better. And hopefully - I am doing the same for others. Without expectations. Without judgment.
That's what it's all about - really.

I see the world turning. I see minds turning. I see love turning - into something larger than ever before.

[bows]
Namaste' Kmal.

I feel somewhat compelled to put a metaidea that there are multiple goals; multiple end forms; multiple path of ascension, and even more multiple ends (or the point where it ends)
Personally, each of us have our background, experience, perspective, knowledge, etc;
Why would we all end up being one form of ubermensch?
Even with the Oneness of it?
Especially with the Oneness; the what I considered as (EDIT) that infinite -- being to use and to live in?

Honestly, it's a bias; my problem with some New Age Hippie perspective (as it is with some religions) is that soooo subtle vibe of "this is the only true way". I don't think there's...only...one way. One way to clear one's vision, one way to attain that particular Oneness a lot of people seemed to seek. And one form of it.

At one point complete focus and complete serenity blurs anyway.

And as for the idea of 'Ascension'; sharing an one huge idea of consciousness does sound pretty (albeit done wrongly, it gives a vibe too hivemind for me, personally). However, as with our shadows, it is our capacity of-- negativity, that sometimes gets neglected.

Last edited:
Reactions: 894tt3h9
I do believe in a oneness and a communal, collective consiousness (No, not like the borg). I think that much of the pain in this world is from feeling disconnected form the rest of humanity. We separate ourselves because of ego and the illusions we have created and we invent boundaries when there is none. We are are connected to each other and the Earth. We are the same, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, daughters and sons. I think life is so simple and starts with 'love your neighbour as youself' (neighbour meaning everyone).

I understand that we are still slaves to this bullshit systems we have created and perpetuated in the world. We have choices though and free will. We choose where to spend our time and money. I feel like I have broken myself so many times over the last 10 years trying to live a clean and ethical life and not leave a footprint. Living ethically is really hard and can be painful, but its possible and rewarding. It is too easy for me to look around at the world and say 'No, it's all wrong, everything is flawed and pointless', because while that is true, it is a cop out. Life can be and is so much more.

The world and our history is full of so much horror and beauty. Im in absolute awe of humanity. I think that we are incredible as a species and have great potential, we have accomplished so much already and will continue to progress further. Many lessons have been repeated over and over and many have been learnt.

My belief is that the Earth and Humanity is a project and we are all willing participants that have chosen to be here. I think that each time we reincarnate we have a chance to try again. Everything that has happened thus far has brought us to our current state and mindset. Our goal is to live in harmony with the Earth and with each other and to evolve.

There is a concept in my favourite book 'Requiem for Homosapiens by David Zindell' that I have borrowed and absorbed into my mindset. Its called the 'Asarya'. I aspire to be an 'Asarya' with all my heart and being, yet I am still so far away from my goal. I know it sounds presumptuos and arrogant for me to choose this as a name for myself because Im not yet an 'Asarya' but I will be one day.

''Asarya- evolved man (or woman) who could look upon the universe just as it is and affirm every aspect of creation no matter how flawed or terrible...a completely free individual. One that may hold all possible realities at once...one who would say yes to all things" David Zindell

Reactions: Kgal
I think there's potential for awakening, but not a guarantee that will happen. Some people believe that an automatic shift will occur at some point in the future, and all they have to do is to stand-by and receive this energy that will make them more loving and at peace..or whatever they believe. Even though there is great potential for a shift in consciousness as ever before, we need to do our part to align ourselves with that power and change accordingly, that's if they want to.

However, I think more people are becoming aware that materialism is not giving them the level of fulfillment and satisfaction that they are seeking, and thus are becoming more open to spiritual guidance(be it fraudalent or genuine) and concerned about their inner state. Once again, some people interpret this "ascension" or awakening in ways that support their false sense of security and what appears to be enlightenment or spiritual advancement are just false concepts that reassure their ego(or mind-identification) that they are level headed and superior. Unfortunately, we do not need to feel angry or resented towards this individuals, as they will discover, that this so-called awakening process is not easy or an automatic endeavor. It is one that will crush all your foundations and structures of security towards the ground, leaving you naked and in a total destruction of what you know or think you know.

Many people are feeling this now, though. Power structures are becoming obsolete or are being uncovered by their corrupted nature, people are feeling afraid and uncertain, which is yet but the beginning.

It is perhaps unfortunate.
What imperfection we have now were once, an attempt to reach the heavens;
An invisible tower of Babel, we tried and failed and now we're separated;
as powers broke and the flaws are showing and everything is decaying.
scrambling to protect our own ego,
extending it just beyond our grasp.

Is it, perhaps, possible, that what we are building
is as tilted as what they were doing?

I see; False approach.
A focus on the material;
A focus on the spiritual;
A focus on the emotional;
focus.
Implication being, only one subject are pursued.
A pursuit of completion in one way that leaves the other bare.

I agreed with @AUM , Each and every one of us has got to break our own foundations;
But then I began to wonder, in what ways?
AUM said 'fraudulent or genuine'; 'interpretation'; 'false concepts to reassure'.
Legit concern, an open question.

If we were to destroy everything we once knew and protected us,
in the presence of a Being full of possibility;
then what shall be done;
So that we don't end up building yet another Babel in another form?

Or is it my flaw in perspective, to -assume- that we have to build?

[MENTION=678]AUM[/MENTION] has said many words I have not been able to say for they are not coming to me. For some they think they will lie back and become enlightened...for others they are not willing to take the painful steps toward it. I have been going through the steps, I have had the bottom drop out on me every time. Much of it means you have to bare all of your deepest pains unbury them and unburden yourself...materialism stems from a desire to fill a void that was created by our own defense mechanisms. It's why more are seeing things clearer. But you better be ready for what you find...

Thats the point I think. Maybe there is a movement a shift if you will...but people are not ready yet...not all of them. Most of us will not live to see a movement in a large scale, maybe not even our children. I know that I have seen heard and been witness to all the potential behind it.

Have you guys seen this short promo movie?

It is definitely produced by an INFJ type person. mrrockitman has many motivational and positive videos on his youtube site.

....and of course I love the music and the fact he portrays a woman with all of the animals....

[video=youtube;KiMGdcVtrO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiMGdcVtrO8&feature=g-all-u&context=G24fa718FAAAAAAAABAA[/video]

"Choose Love"

Namaste'

Proceed with caution, do not be deceived!

I speak from my experience. There is much deception out there.

Where are we ascending?
How high may we ascend?
How awakened shall we be?

Essentially, Ascension/Awakening is a teaching that separates us from God.

I don't think we've evolved that much.

In my opinion Enlightenment is burning away your own identity. Banishing all of those conditions set upon you at birth. Realizing that you are not the things you possess, you are not your location, you are not your country, your family, your heritage, etc. You are energy/consciousness. You are whatever it is you are and we are all one and we are all in this thing together.

I think my particular approach, if you want to call it that, is to abandon everything I felt ever identified me and solidified me into this role or character that has been created for me and that I have perpetuated. Some people think this is insanity but for me it is the only thing that make sense.

Your perspective is almost refreshing.

When ones assemblage point becomes loose does ones energy shift. It is about energy, the more energy there is in supporting the ego mind the less energy does one have in supporting ones consciousness. And people across the board are consumed by their mind, religious, spiritual and none alike, all their energy goes towards maintaining their mind. True wisdom comes from saving energy and acceptance, enjoyment and enthusiasm as life moves spirit. Does anyone know how to be enlightened?