Art That Moves You

dneecey

I am who I am.
Apr 17, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
So, I know I am constantly moved by music. But art in general tends to touch me in such a profound and inspiring way if I let it. I believe that it might be this way also for you. So, instead of favorite pictures, music, art, movies.. etc. Lets just share what is moving us right now. I so deeply want to share with you and I want very much to know what moves you. I promise if you put a piece of work here, no matter what it is. I will look at it. I will try my best to see/feel it, and I will share my thoughts with you if you would like. Just let me know. You however do not need to do the same unless you feel so inclined. I will be honest in saying this will mostly be music for me but might range from poetry to paintings. So feel free to share if you are so inspired.

I put this song on my blog, but I want it to be the first thing I put here. So here it goes.

Belief (stripped version) Gavin DeGraw.

[YOUTUBE]uUqpCIZT-eE[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions: Jexocuha and Jana
Reactions: Jexocuha
Art doesn't move me. Only writing and lyrics of songs, and orchestral pieces do that.

I'm pretty shallow when it comes to art. If it looks pretty and is calming, I'll probably like it.

Even religious paintings make me smile. Though anyone here from the first month with a good memory might remember why.
jesus_w_children.jpg

Beethoven's Virus

I've got some art that moves me. I'll try to find it later. Here is one though.

Gray2.jpg

Goatse?

Wyote, I looked at the picture you posted and really enjoyed it... I even saved it to my computer to try to study it further, but I must admit it is rather blurry. Still thanks for sharing it.

And Wolfe. :D This piece I really like. I'm assuming that the artist is the man leaning on the piece and if not than he is wearing the role well. Do you know what kind of material this was made out of? I think it's a great concept.

Shai, oh Shai...sometimes I honestly don't know whether it would be best to ignore you, or always address you. I'm going to go with the latter, because ultimately I like you. :D

If a piece of someone's work causes you to feel or react a certain way, then in essence it has moved you, even to the slightest degree. What I am asking here is for a strong stirring of the mind and emotions, but even the stirring of a smile, causes some form of movement? does it not?

Last edited:
"And Wolfe. :D This piece I really like. I'm assuming that the artist is the man leaning on the piece and if not than he is wearing the role well. Do you know what kind of material this was made out of? I think it's a great concept."

Yes, it was made out of Legos :D One of my most favorite creations in the world.

dneecey, this is a great thread! I know you are asking for art that is moving us "right now," but I can't think of anything that's hit me like that recently. So I'll kick off my contributions to this thread with some art that moves me every time I revisit it, and I'll post more when I'm next moved...

Andy Goldsworthy

[YOUTUBE]3TWBSMc47bw[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]iBcdL8uO71E[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]O9TyHzP-8b8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]iTEB3bEGprY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
"And Wolfe. :D This piece I really like. I'm assuming that the artist is the man leaning on the piece and if not than he is wearing the role well. Do you know what kind of material this was made out of? I think it's a great concept."

Yes, it was made out of Legos :D One of my most favorite creations in the world.

WoW! Legos, really?! That just made it ten times more awesome. Thanks for sharing it. :D

KentuckyArtVan.jpg

Reactions: dneecey
WoW! Legos, really?! That just made it ten times more awesome. Thanks for sharing it. :D

:) No problem dear. I've got more from him that I'll post up later.

Dylan, Dylan, Dylan... *shakes head* *sigh*

dylan,
love those videos!

This piece is incredible to me. I found this guy on youtube a while back, his stuff is decent but this one in particular is just great. I still think about it and say "holy shit" to myself.

Don't watch if you don't like needles.

[YOUTUBE]vnnIMgheaCY&feature=channel_page[/YOUTUBE]

Very cool thread, dneecey!

I'm a fan of Wilard Wigan, one of the best micro sculpters in the world. Just know. These artworks are in the eyes of needles or on the heads of pins. You can see some of the comparison with this ballpoint pen.

How he does it, I have no idea. But it's beautiful. Just beautiful.

Attachments

• Tutenkamun_thumb.jpg
    Tutenkamun_thumb.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Valentine Lunch_thumb.jpg
    Valentine Lunch_thumb.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I've always found myself deeply moved by Apocalyptica's more sombre songs, especially this one:
[YOUTUBE]VfVqOZQVcJQ[/YOUTUBE]

Also, this has got to be one of my most favorite pieces of artwork ever:
within_temptation_the_heart_of_everything_cdcov.jpg

I'll have a look at other people's choices when I have more time.

Last edited: