Are you superstitious? | INFJ Forum

Are you superstitious?

donkeybals

A Permanent Fixture
Jan 10, 2011
MBTI
enxp
Enneagram
Just was about to leave, and I saw I had post six hundred and sixty six. :mcute: I'll get you stupid number, I'll get you. Or will I? :m182:

Are you superstitious? What superstitions do you have?

:D

Last edited:
no, don't believe in all that stuff. I don't really believe in 'luck' either.

does awareness of god and that he is present a superstition?
or like- Tryin not to break any commandment from my perception superstition?
ie; trying not to disrespect my parents (internally or externally) a superstition?
or awareness or my own disrespect to another person superstition?

i have no idea-
just found out the definition of superstition today.

I guess, I always wash my hands before leaving a cemetery, I believe certain places are, sacred and should not be disturbed. One time my friend made a snide remake about the sea, just before we were about to get in, I told him he shouldn't talk that way about the Tangaroa the Maori Sea God. I guess most of my beliefs stem around the concept of respect.

No but, lots of people here are and I like messing with them.

Not really but I will say that people do get crazy on a full moon. It never fails for me to run into whack jobs around that time.

Not really but I will say that people do get crazy on a full moon. It never fails for me to run into whack jobs around that time.

It's true. There's actually more crime on a full moon. It's also where the word "lunatic" comes from.

Might have something to do with more light granting a higher level of visibility?
I mean, the night is generally more criminally active, add the fact that everyone is sleeping unawares to that extra bit of light to help you look around...

No, I actually think about things.:3

Might have something to do with more light granting a higher level of visibility?
I mean, the night is generally more criminally active, add the fact that everyone is sleeping unawares to that extra bit of light to help you look around...

Maybe in Ireland, but in the civilised world we have things called street lights. The moon really doesn't make much of a difference to the luminosity of the night even in my small town.

Maybe in Ireland, but in the civilised world we have things called street lights. The moon really doesn't make much of a difference to the luminosity of the night even in my small town.

Street lights don't come into play when one considers:
-Crime outside the city.
-Indoors crime.
-Particular dark spots.

If you're breaking into someones house while they'll all asleep, the moonlight outside not to mention that which seeps in through windows, would be valuable for helping you sneak around, no?

Street lights don't come into play when one considers:
-Crime outside the city.
-Indoors crime.
-Particular dark spots.

If you're breaking into someones house while they'll all asleep, the moonlight outside not to mention that which seeps in through windows, would be valuable for helping you sneak around, no?

So moonlight can seep through the windows but street lights can't?

So moonlight can seep through the windows but street lights can't?
That depends on how close your house is to said lights, or if they're near them at all.
Regardless, even with street lights nearby, unless you live in a tight block structure of housing, street lights are generally only located in front of your house, with a garden/more houses/buildings being behind. Thus only the front of the house is illuminated.

How many burgulars come through the front entrance?

It's unlucky to walk under ladders - You might get a tin of paint dropped on your head

It's unlucky to break a mirror - You might cut yourself

It's unlucky to see a single magpie - He may be pissed off about not having a girlfriend and will probably crap on your car

It's lucky to touch wood - I don't know about lucky but it's certainly fun having my wood touched

It's unlucky to step on the crack on the pavement - The homeless person may be annoyed and demand you buy him some more crack

Reactions: dream echo

Melkor is correct about increased criminal activity due to the full moon most likely due to visibility.

I'm not very superstitious at all though I do have increased wariness with certain things owing to a relative that was, plus a couple of these superstitions make sense not to mention that they helped self preservation through history....definitely not all but a few :p

Last edited:
6 means incomplete or just short of completion in hebrew numerology

it's sits juxtapose to 7 which represents completness in hebrew numerology

I think superstitions are interesting, but I don't believe in them.