Are you single??? or not??? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Are you single??? or not???

@slant

The context of the scripture given in your quote were written in the time of a gender biased culture, much of it was directed more towards the protection of married women and their integrity within the Jewish and Christian community. The only individuals that enforce these teachings 'literally' in today's era without consideration of this fact, are Christian fundamentalists. Though in that note, the bible also states that a husband is to follow the example of Christ, to put his wife before himself; to care, protect and lead (be a humble example) his wife. Likewise a wife is called to respect this and not violate her husband's position (this doesn't imply being a doormat, but rather not beating up on her husband and demanding for the unreasonable). The result, when these points are acknowledged, is a healthy marriage within the Christian faith.

Which furthers my point!

Marriage= an industry for the religious.

That's why it was an example of marriage!

I'm divorced and single and not happy about it. Every cell in my body screams out "get married!" I'm just DESIGNED to be a wife and mother. But life doesn't always turn out the way you like. I divorced when my ex had a psychotic break and suffered from paranoid delusions about me, punishing me for things I had not done. After that, I really put raising my kids first; my autistic son needed so much extra attention. Basically, it's easy to find a man good enough to have a family with, but almost impossible to find a man that would make a good step father to an autistic child. I assumed I would remarry after my kids were grown; I did not anticipate becoming this sick. I suppose it's possible that I'll meet a great man who sees so much of value in me that it outweighs the health issues. But it's unlikely. Oh well, celibacy sucks, but whenever self pity stirs within me, I remind myself that I'm so much happier than most people, I should count my blessings.

Reactions: Spiritual Leo
Are you single or not??? Do you plan on dating soon?? Do any of you go through these issues with dating? Is it hard for you to approach someone other than in a book store?(Lolz)

1. Single
2. No, I don't really like dating. I just go for sex.
3. No.
4. No, I really talk with all sorts of people.

Single. Since 2007. Doesn't really bother me much anymore. I'm not really one for "flings", and at my age, I'd rather wait for someone I know I'll be compatible with, than date just to be dating.

small talk makes me want to kill myself.
i'm not single but when i was it was hard for me to find someone i wanted to spend a few hours with in one chunk. i need conversation to have meaning.

+1

Im between relationships... *cough*

I'm single now. Don't plan on changing that until I get over the heartbreak.

Reactions: Bird and Gaze
My relationship ended the beginning of January. It sucks and I am still heartbroken that he totally could ignore me and be fine with it. I am 25 and he is nearly 28. He has a daughter that I treated like my own for the 3 years we were together. He has shaved his facial hair, bought a brand new wardrobe that is not "him", bought an iPhone even though he made fun of people with smartphones and even joined Facebook after all the crap he gave me about it (which I was on it for networking animal rescues.) Whatever the case, I am a loner by choice. People don't interest me much, so I am usually at home exercising and hanging with the cats.

I feel betrayed and deceived, but at the same time, maybe I was just too rough on him. He had problems and baggage, but then I think, well so did I. I don't plan on being single forever, but I don't believe there is anyone out there that can handle a psycho like me. Me and my damn "feelings" about things that are always true. Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with me because I just get so annoyed easily. Maybe it is because I want someone to be similar to me in terms of priorities and the amount of love/thought/affection given. I was completely selfless in this relationship and even moved away from my hometown to live with him. I bought a house for us to live in. Oh well, life moves on.

I don't have problems with small talk if the topic is interesting. My mind is impulsively random so I usually either will scare a person away or they will be so intrigued. But then I tend to push them away. I've only had two real boyfriends, one that lasted 7 years and one for 3. WHERE IS MY LOVER?! But then I realize, well, if I don't leave my house, how the hell am I going to find him.

/end rant. 01101010111101011100001

Naturally as an ISTJ I have a lover. Life as a single man is way too exciting and I need someone to keep me down to earth and boring.

I am usually at home exercising and hanging with the cats.
Hot.

I don't believe there is anyone out there that can handle a psycho like me. Me and my damn "feelings" about things that are always true.
That's par for the course. You're on INFJ forums now, gurl.

WHERE IS MY LOVER?! But then I realize, well, if I don't leave my house, how the hell am I going to find him.
Maybe the cable guy? Pizza delivery boy? DHL/UPS deliverer? You've still got some options. Maybe you can purposefully order things on-line, or order pizza, or make up frivolous complaints about your cable/telephone, and that will increase your chances.

Reactions: the
Maybe the cable guy? Pizza delivery boy? DHL/UPS deliverer? You've still got some options. Maybe you can purposefully order things on-line, or order pizza, or make up frivolous complaints about your cable/telephone, and that will increase your chances.

I don't believe in television. So, not the cable guy. I am vegan, so I can't order pizza for delivery. And damn, I can't be with a pizza dude. I'm an asshole.

I don't believe in television. So, not the cable guy. I am vegan, so I can't order pizza for delivery. And damn, I can't be with a pizza dude. I'm an asshole.
Hmmm. OK I just had a stroke of genius: You can host a PARTY!!! Then you'll have tons of new friends!

I don't like friends. Too much tedious work. HAHAHAHA.

I don't like friends. Too much tedious work. HAHAHAHA.
How about business associates? You can deal drugs out of your own home. Tons of menz for you, from the distributor's side as well as the client side. And you'll earn good money too. Two birds with one stone. Fuck, I'm on fire today.

How about business associates? You can deal drugs out of your own home. Tons of menz for you, from the distributor's side as well as the client side. And you'll earn good money too. Two birds with one stone. Fuck, I'm on fire today.

Or how about I sell my body? I bet I could find the man of my dreams doing that! I bet you're ALWAYS on fire.

Reactions: the
Or how about I sell my body? I bet I could find the man of my dreams doing that! I bet you're ALWAYS on fire.
If it worked in Pretty Woman, it can work for you!

That was my favorite movie as a little girl. Hmm...

I am mingling amongst you all as we speak.