Are you attracted to older or younger people? | INFJ Forum

Are you attracted to older or younger people?

BlackKnightKisses

Community Member
Oct 3, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Just curious if it is just me or an INFJ thing but when looking for a partner I tend to hit it off with ladies about seven years my senior. Maybe they have mellowed a bit more and I don't have to keep up with all the activity.

Last edited:
A couple of years younger than me.

Both. I like the ladies up to mid 30's and down to about 17... I like younger than that, but I don't let myself indulge.

It's always been people who were younger.

I'd prefer to date girls my age. but with this personality type its kind of hard to find someone genuine. I tend to attract married women 5-10yrs older then I am. I really don't like those situations but there is something about me that screams to older married women.

Exactly! It's not that I restrict myself to older women just it seems that I attract them and the genuine interest they have attracts me.

Exactly! It's not that I restrict myself to older women just it seems that I attract them and the genuine interest they have attracts me.

So, this is common to the INFJ's?

Hah! not conciously at all. I have no idea why I prefer it actually.

I have always been attracted to men younger than I, but only by a couple of years. My husband is 4 years younger; I don't think I've ever dated anyone more than one year older. The average would probably be 3-5 years younger.

I've never been attracted to anyone significantly older than me and in fact was always kind of grossed out if a (significantly) older man hit on me.

ETA: Heh... and it's not because I want to be a father figure.

Is that because you want to be a father figure?
Oh, BlackKnight, I didn't know you we're into that kinda of thing.

Kinky or disgusting? I suppose it depends on who you're asking. :noidea:

But seriously yeah I've felt like a father or a big brother to most people I've been interested in, cause I've always wanted to protect them, sort of like how a dog would protect it's owner.

I have always been attracted to men younger than I, but only by a couple of years. My husband is 4 years younger; I don't think I've ever dated anyone more than one year older. The average would probably be 3-5 years younger.

hey, that's like me. :) cougar-in-training, hahaha.

except my average would be like 2-4 years younger, and the oldest i've dated was a year and a half older.

i get mistaken for a 17 year old a lot. -_-

The younger the better, am-i-right? Haha, just kidding. I can't relate on a deep level to people around five years younger or older and I've kind of made that my rule as far as dating goes. I like people right around my age.

The younger the better, am-i-right?
NO! NOT PEDOBEAR!

... ahem. that's understandable though, people right around your age. the weirdest thing about me is that the younger people i have been interested in are always extremely mature for their age.

i'm not sure what that means for me... :mcry:

I'm not too fussed as a similar level of maturity is more important but a big age gap in either direction would create a hurdle in my mind that I don’t think I would overcome.

My husband is four years younger than me too. And in the years leading up to my husband almost every person I dated was younger even if it was just by a few months. Not planned, just happened.
INFJ women are cradle robbers!!!