Are you attracted to older or younger people? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Are you attracted to older or younger people?

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by BlackKnightKisses, Oct 6, 2008.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 12 users.
More threads by BlackKnightKisses
  1. dudemanbro

dudemanbro Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ IEI-Ni
    Enneagram:
    4w5 sp/sx
    It's kind of odd but I'm really interested in meeting older women . . . who've lived a full life and have a lot to teach. It's not like lust, it's way different, I guess what I'm seeking right now is a solid sort of partner to help me out as I am young, and hopefully I can give this person spiritual gifts or just even talk to them. I'm sure some dying people in the nursing homes would love it if I went there and wanted to talk. I guess many of them would be mad, but I obviously wouldn't talk to them. I guess I have trouble finding . . . (maybe, genuine is the right word?) sort of people in my age group.

Like, I can't imagine being in a good romance with anyone my age, and this is a weird feeling. Maybe I'll be one of those solo people who get old with wealth then marry a young woman and be labeled as "creepy" for the remainder of my natural life.

Man I don't know what I'm talking about. All of this forum-reading has put me in a weird sort of mood. Kind of nostalgic mixed with anxiety of the future, mixed with a great appreciation for life despite the lack of human contact. Even with this isolation - and it is absolutely self-imposed - I just do not feel truly alone, and I haven't felt alone in a very long time. I know many people do and that is so very sad.

So . . . older people. Yeah, I'm gonna just go with "older people" as my final answer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dudemanbro

dudemanbro Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ IEI-Ni
    Enneagram:
    4w5 sp/sx
    It's kind of a weird question, honestly. I don't really consider age as very important until I meet a person. I've met some astoundingly wise people who were ten years old. and I guess wisdom and love are attractive to me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ThomasJ79

ThomasJ79 Intertwined

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Age(relatively speaking) has never been much of a factor when I find myself attracted to a woman. It is something more than what she physically looks like, like an inner essence. If a woman is warm and friendly, has a certain look in her eye, and is comfortable in her own skin and with her own sexuality; there's very little that is more attractive than that.

4. casie

casie Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I'm with Jimmers on this one. That said, these days I generally end up in relationships with people older than me, or have less permanent things with people younger than me. Using the word "attracted" here makes it difficult.

5. aureliusandoinky

aureliusandoinky Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I like older men. Too old, for the most part (for my age). It's usually 3-8yrs older, usually around 6 or 7 years. Right now the guy I secretly admire is 7.5 years older...I am sure he likes me, but once again, he thinks I am too young for him. I've got to respect him for that though. If I were a man I would be hesitant to go for it as well. Unfortunately, the school system (imo) has made age gaps into a big no no. We aren't in the same "life stage", after all...

6. rachelbaker99

rachelbaker99 Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    20 years older.

unless the person is significantly more mature than most people their own age

7. aureliusandoinky

aureliusandoinky Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I agree with what someone said up there. ^ It's very difficult to find a partner my age that is intellectually on my level. Age doesn't matter, but at the same time, most college aged guys lack a brain (I'm not excluding girls) so I find myself being attracted to older guys that are done with all the foolishness.

drummergirlbk likes this.
  8. Scientia

Scientia A true lady

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I am resurrecting this old thread because it's pertinent to me. I am usually attracted to people who can teach me something, regardless of age. Unfortunately, that tends to be a quality I find in someone older or within a few years of my own age. I have been attracted to wisdom and open-mindedness my whole life. I still recall being half in love with one of my professors who was 20 years my senior. I couldn't concentrate in class because I kept watching his eyes twinkle and his crooked smile made me weak. I lived for office hours and if he had not been married, I would have come onto him. I wonder what he's doing right now...

As far as whom I attract, this is my real problem. Because I look about 15-20 years younger than I actually am, these have been almost exclusively really young guys. Very few are able to teach me much, so I might crush back a little on him but ultimately I realize I can't fall in love because he eventually says or does something immature or shows a lack of open-mindedness that I lose interest in that kind of relationship. I am open to the possibility of a younger dude but he has to be special: mature, ethical, intelligent, funny, educated, sensitive, and open-minded. I haven't met one that has all of those qualities. One came closer than the others and because of that, he ended up being a good friend. Maybe I am being too picky and should give the current young dude a chance but I fear that his heart will end up broken because I won't fall in love but he will and I will still be looking for that professor. Sigh.

9. drummergirlbk

drummergirlbk Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    I'm usually attracted to smart people, and these people are almost always older than me. Most of my classmates are older than me, much less someone I consider to be "intelligent".

10. JJJA

JJJA Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Na
    Enneagram:
    Key word: Most.

:p