Are you a productive person? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are you a productive person?

[MENTION=9809]La Sagna[/MENTION]
You described ME there -_-
(nod)

Ditto for me as well. There is never enough time in the day for me, even with insomnia. I need a 36 hour day, screw the 24. I know what needs to be done and I make a plan to do it. Then I just do it. It always feels like I could/ should do more. However, I can also be easily distracted by just a few thoughts invading my brain which can then present itself to some as procrastination. Sometimes I can easily overwhelm myself and then get stressed out because I took on too much. I work well under pressure, but even so, it leaves little time left at the end of the day to do things that I actually want to do instead of need to do.

oh [MENTION=13729]Free[/MENTION] how nice it is to see I'm not alone in this world ...:hug:

How can you expect me to be productive when infj forum exists? Just kidding. I am being productive right now. Or am I? Who's to really say? It is really difficult measuring productivity in the short term. Day dreaming can lead to an amazing invention. Being a workaholic can lead to a stroke. I think you have to evaluate productivity by looking back at your life. Although it is very possible to waste your time doing things like watching reality tv for example. If you watch reality tv, your life must be very boring. I try not to waste time doing things that in no way enhance my life. Doing nothing gets a bad rap these days. Resting, relaxing, napping, contemplating and writing for fun are often considered to be unproductive activities if you are busy. But I disagree. Life needs balance. People are too busy these days, not to mention overly distracted. Life did used to be simpler. And I am not just talking about 100 years ago. Even just 30 years ago it was really different. What will the typical life be like in the future? Stay tuned.

my productivity goes in and out with the tides. some days I am super busy and I don't stop 'til my head hits the pillow. other days, I am introspective and leisurely -- which I suppose is productivity in its own way. (Is stopping to smell the roses productive? it is if you would like to produce pleasure in your life) I am very deadline driven when it comes to work or personal goals though. my motivation rarely ever wavers.... but my approach follows the same tides.. sometimes, I will pounce on my deadline and tackle the objective immediately. other times, I spend a long time thinking about it before I move steadily to action.

I can be if interested. If not, with direction.

I'm idealistic, overly productive, and yet incredibly selfish when it comes to my personal time.

Ditto for me as well. There is never enough time in the day for me, even with insomnia. I need a 36 hour day, screw the 24. I know what needs to be done and I make a plan to do it. Then I just do it. It always feels like I could/ should do more. However, I can also be easily distracted by just a few thoughts invading my brain which can then present itself to some as procrastination. Sometimes I can easily overwhelm myself and then get stressed out because I took on too much. I work well under pressure, but even so, it leaves little time left at the end of the day to do things that I actually want to do instead of need to do.

Yes, I'd also prefer a 36 hour day. Not for productivity reasons, more so I'll have more time to touch myself in a special way.

Reactions: Free

Reactions: Siimplicity
At work, I am productive. I make sure everything I need is in its proper place so I can work without thinking about work. I get in the zone or flow and get lost in deep thought while staying busy. At home however, it is said the sloth is my spirit animal because it takes me forever to start fixing something that needs done around the house. Usually though, while I'm not starting said task, I'm thinking of a battle plan to accomplish it with the least amount of effort as possible. Sometimes once I start I finish quickly, other times I get side tracked and abandon the mission and continue to put it off for days or weeks or longer. Meh... it's rough being a sloth.

At work, I am productive. I make sure everything I need is in its proper place so I can work without thinking about work. I get in the zone or flow and get lost in deep thought while staying busy. At home however, it is said the sloth is my spirit animal because it takes me forever to start fixing something that needs done around the house. Usually though, while I'm not starting said task, I'm thinking of a battle plan to accomplish it with the least amount of effort as possible. Sometimes once I start I finish quickly, other times I get side tracked and abandon the mission and continue to put it off for days or weeks or longer. Meh... it's rough being a sloth.

Sloths are cute though.

Yes very productive - even when I'm procrastinating, I'm productive.

I'm not as productive as I would want to be, thanks for depression... .___.

Reactions: TinyBubbles
I'm posting on here out of procrastination. Okay. Back to work...

Yes, but unfortunately I'm very productive at impractical things, which makes me feel like a slacker.