Are women really cowards? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are women really cowards?

Well I'm glad to hear that women are at least as smart as I thought they were.

The comic is social commentary, and highlights the ridiculous nature of internet interactions that women, much more so than men, have to deal with. Oh, you're a woman? You owe it to me to show your titties because you are nothing more than a disposable object.

Yes, many people who partake in these jokes don't actually mean it that way, but the fact that women are constantly are faced with this mentality is revolting. Just 'cuz it happens, don't make it cool.

Guys who ask for nudes are making a joke?

If so I don't get it.

Guys who ask for nudes are making a joke?

If so I don't get it.

Unless they approach women on the street asking for nudes, I'd like to assume that at some level it's a joke. If not, there are even bigger problems.

None of you are real anyway. You are all bots.
Isn't that right [MENTION=731]UBERROGO[/MENTION] ?

Unless they approach women on the street asking for nudes, I'd like to assume that at some level it's a joke. If not, there are even bigger problems.
Why is that?

None of you are real anyway. You are all bots.
Isn't that right @UBERROGO ?
Yeah, and the state of those bots doesntt say much about the intelligence of their programmers.

Reactions: Elaf

I don't think it's a joke. It depends. Some women will send them, so if you ask everyone eventually you'll get some. I don't mind if it's public because I just assume that's a joke, but a private message asking me to send nudes with an email address makes me feel weird, and I start to question if I've given off the vibe that I would send nude photos to someone I don't know even though I know that person probably asks everyone.

I'm not sure just because someone walks away from something it automatically makes them a coward though.

Reactions: acd
Why is that?
[MENTION=1009]bamf[/MENTION]

i see you thumbs downed my question. But all I can assume is that you don't like me asking why. I guess I have to assume you don't like your ideas questioned.

CONTEXT!

This guy in the comic? The one with the hat?
He's a recurring character within xkcd, and.....
....Personally, I see him as the textbook example of ENTP. Charming, ultimately may have a good intention, but often times have a limited, selective understanding of things that ultimately presented as something that validates his belief. And a lot of his actions throughout the strip have a trolling quality in it. I don't see why this one is different (meaning, I think regardless of the underlying values, he's trolling)

Also, second context:
That comic is rather old, I think; not that girls haven't been on the internet for long..but more like, the idea that "HEY! GIRLS EXIST ON THE INTERNET BEYOND YOUR MASTURBATORY PURPOSES, FUCKING DICKWAD!" is rather new as the internet goes more and more...mainstream and casual.

Third context:
xkcd is made within the circle of nerds; I'm going to guess this particular comic also assumes the community talked is something 'nerdy', and that assumption overlays with another (old, outdated, ultimately WRONG) assumption that "omg girls don't like nerdy things". Like, they aren't talking about make up forums...you know.

Now, with that in mind:
I would like to say the problem exists within a personal spectrum; apparently most people in XBox Live or other online gaming communities, have dealt with this "tits or gtfo" every now and then. As much as the speakers are immature brats, I'd think it also hurts the target to some extent. Then from what I'd heard, around 'nerdy' / 'geeky' communities, women are seen as second-class citizen; as in, what they know is more suspect than others just because they have a clitoris and not a scrotum. Then there are less harmful 'stereotypes'; "Oh you're a woman? That's surprising, I don't find HALO to be the type of games women like!"

So perhaps it's not an universal maxim, but it does exist, and it does exist in a significant way for some women out there.
but I don't think it's that bad...as the creator like to depict, or the character like to think / justify in doing what he's doing
nowadays, or even back then.

Last edited:
After I read the comic, I realize it's more about some crude humor. But if you're constantly bombarded with this kind of talk, it probably gets tiring. Why should someone have to keep exposing themselves to this kind of attention, if it makes them uncomfortable?

Just go on Quake Live and frag everyone and then when they rage at you, you can just laugh to yourself and keep it a secret that they just got their ass handed to them by a girl (which they would absolutely HATE and refuse to believe even if they knew it)

I believe it's, to some degree, meant to be threatening. It's warning a female presence that they are worth no more than their bodies and their thoughts and opinions have no value. It's essentially the post-puberty version of building a clubhouse with a sign saying 'no girls allowed'.

I believe it's, to some degree, meant to be threatening. It's warning a female presence that they are worth no more than their bodies and their thoughts and opinions have no value. It's essentially the post-puberty version of building a clubhouse with a sign saying 'no girls allowed'.

Idk about anyone else but I would think that men who have that kind of mentality are the weak/cowardly ones, and the mentally weak are not threatening at all.

When I'm told "tits or gtfo" or have lewd comments made at me on the internet, I never imagine a powerful or intelligent man on the other end.

Idk about anyone else but I would think that men who have that kind of mentality are the weak/cowardly ones, and the mentally weak are not threatening at all.

When I'm told "tits or gtfo" or have lewd comments made at me on the internet, I never imagine a powerful or intelligent man on the other end.

Well, I don't think that stuff is scary, exactly. Mostly just offensive and annoying. And I can't blame someone for just leaving rather than dealing with offensive/annoying manchildren. There's a certain point where it's just tiring and you start to realize how pointless it all is and you're really just wasting your breath.

Not only that, but sometimes guys like that escalate to far more threatening patterns of behavior. On another forum I frequent, the resident misogynist manchild started sending pictures of his dick to all the female posters and actually found a female poster IRL and started stalking her.

Well, I don't think that stuff is scary, exactly. Mostly just offensive and annoying. And I can't blame someone for just leaving rather than dealing with offensive/annoying manchildren. There's a certain point where it's just tiring and you start to realize how pointless it all is and you're really just wasting your breath.

Not only that, but sometimes guys like that escalate to far more threatening patterns of behavior. On another forum I frequent, the resident misogynist manchild started sending pictures of his dick to all the female posters and actually found a female poster IRL and started stalking her.
Could it be....shai gar??

Reactions: Odyne

Yeah, I guess from the guys' point of view they think they're being clever and boys-only-clubhouse exclusive-like. ~_~

The stalking thing sounds pretty horrifying. I don't understand how people create labels like "misogynist", "misandrist", or "homophobe", like they're political viewpoints or group memberships, when really hating on or terrorizing any one group or type of people is more like a mental disorder than anything else, especially in cases like with this guy.

The dick pictures part is pretty funny though tbh LOL. That sounds like something I would do if I had a dick.

Perhaps the comic was alluding to something true, but using an offensive description.

Women seem to avoid, and retreat when things become nasty. However, instead of calling this cowardice, I would call it prudence, which is the better part of valour.