Are we living in a simulation? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Are we living in a simulation?

Glad that you are still with us!
Cancer is no joke.
:<3white:

It's not that you come across as "scatterbrained" at all, it's that you don't leave any room for anyone else's beliefs because you are so seemingly convinced that you have all the correct answers to a lot of very deep and serious questions...questions that are still being debated and explored by some of the most preeminent minds alive and dead.
Immediate questioning of that should be expected and a person's word is not the same as proof.
I also don't think that any church should be for-profit just as healthcare should not be either.
There is a lot that I can agree with you about...but my beliefs are not your own, and likewise do not need correction from someone else with entirely different ideas of this reality.
It's in the presentation of ideas...someone states their opinion or belief, and you can agree or disagree with all or part of what is being said...that person in turn would say something to that effect and can state their own position.
When one speaks in absolute terms -
I know this is true.
I have seen it with my own eyes.
This is the only truth.
Etc....one should be prepared to present evidence when disagreed with.
I understand you have files you can email and that is great, but my point is it gives the perception of another person's ideas and beliefs being dismissed when another speaks in such concrete terms, especially as a direct reply.
Most of it seems to be a semantical argument that then only puts you in direct contention with said person you are responding to.
People don't like to be corrected in general, but especially when they mean one thing and specify one thing and the reply given is your own spin on their words, "correcting" them as to what you feel is right for you in your own opinion and heart.
I feel lectured by you, not in conversation with.
Again...it seems like this kind of interaction may be part of why you are getting so much pushback.

I too have seen life from many points of view...and my sufferings are no greater than the crapshoot that is life.
Could be better...could be worse...it's all perspective. :)
I do what I can to continue to help people.

Everyone is free to believe what they feel is the truth...you are free to express that however you wish...
Please don't feel I'm trying to be overtly critical...only trying to clarify as clearly as I can where I see the disconnect and perceived dismissal among folks that might cause issues.

Take care.

The number one reason I speak the way I do, in-general topics, is because I am trying to say the most I can while I have the energy so to do. Mental-exertions still take precious-energy. I often start-out writing something, and then WHAM! I get hit with a serious energy-drain. I often start a writing, but can't finish it till later; and in this group, I have always finished what I started, simply because I don't know how to navigate the group-page well enough to find where I left-off.

The number one reason I speak the way I do, in-general topics, is because I am trying to say the most I can while I have the energy so to do. Mental-exertions still take precious-energy. I often start-out writing something, and then WHAM! I get hit with a serious energy-drain. I often start a writing, but can't finish it till later; and in this group, I have always finished what I started, simply because I don't know how to navigate the group-page well enough to find where I left-off.

Well that certainly makes more sense, thanks for clarifying.
I feel like we are talking normally now. ;)

I have a better idea now how you are trying to express yourself...I hope you can see why I felt the way I did?
I understand energy drains...I have ankylosing spondylitis...it's a form of rheumatoid arthritis that attacks the spine, ribs, sternum, and can also cause heart issues and blindness...it most frequently starts in early adulthood...I was about 22 I think when the pain began.
I have worked in the medical field my entire life...home healthcare, EMT, worked in the ER and eventually the OR...the burn room, neurosurgery, and before the arthritis disabled me, the last 6 years were spent first assisting with open heart surgery.
I can very much empathize with mental fatigue, physical fatigue, lethargy, etc.

Talk to you more later, have a good one...gotta run.

Reactions: dragulagu
Well that certainly makes more sense, thanks for clarifying.
I feel like we are talking normally now. ;)

I have a better idea now how you are trying to express yourself...I hope you can see why I felt the way I did?
I understand energy drains...I have ankylosing spondylitis...it's a form of rheumatoid arthritis that attacks the spine, ribs, sternum, and can also cause heart issues and blindness...it most frequently starts in early adulthood...I was about 22 I think when the pain began.
I have worked in the medical field my entire life...home healthcare, EMT, worked in the ER and eventually the OR...the burn room, neurosurgery, and before the arthritis disabled me, the last 6 years were spent first assisting with open heart surgery.
I can very much empathize with mental fatigue, physical fatigue, lethargy, etc.

Talk to you more later, have a good one...gotta run.
Genuinely very impressed

Reactions: Kgal and Skarekrow
Question or you all: Are we living in a simulation created by aliens?

If we don't have free will (which means that all of our "voluntary decisions and movements are determined by molecules / chemicals, then what are we, sims living in a simulation? Are we like the sims in the game The Sims? How does humanity go from living in caves to having electricity, plumbing, cars, jets, ships, helicopters, computers, rockets, photorealistic video games and movies, etc.?

We know other animals don't have free will. They live in their habitat according to the theory of natural selection and evolution to adapt to their environment, whether they are carnivores or herbivores.

And who are these aliens that created the simulation? And what created those aliens?

And if we are characters in this simulation, are we connected via computer 3D equipment like in the Matrix movies and those episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh (you know what I'm talking about).

And last, could this theory tie into multi universes / dimensions?

EVEN THE THOERY OF MYERS BRIGGS / TYPOLOGY COULD SUGGEST WE ARE LIVING IN A SIMULATION. THAT 16 PERSONALITY YPES COULD BE LIKE CLASSES IN RPGS.

Could be.

What if we're all in prison, and our commissary is the local supermarket?

We live in a perceived 3D reality existing simultaneously with many dimensions, dimensions we simply cannot see because human visibility is very limited. 15% of the spectrum, I don't know the percentage but regardless it's minimal. There is much more going on that we can't see until consciousness is relieved of the flesh.

Reactions: Skarekrow and Kgal
I see in here, people answering this thoughtful questions arent the experts. May be look at Quora or Youtube video on theory of everything.
It is interesting though to know how INFJs would spend some time in looking for answer for the nobody-knows-the-answer.

I see in here, people answering this thoughtful questions arent the experts. May be look at Quora or Youtube video on theory of everything.
It is interesting though to know how INFJs would spend some time in looking for answer for the nobody-knows-the-answer.

And Einstein's efforts to prove via math there is a God? (He ultimately failed).

And Einstein's efforts to prove via math there is a God? (He ultimately failed).
To both of you: wut?

Reactions: Rit4lin