The_Mysterious_Stranger

Community Member
Aug 12, 2016
A dream within a dream
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
146 so/sx
Question or you all: Are we living in a simulation created by aliens?

If we don't have free will (which means that all of our "voluntary decisions and movements are determined by molecules / chemicals, then what are we, sims living in a simulation? Are we like the sims in the game The Sims? How does humanity go from living in caves to having electricity, plumbing, cars, jets, ships, helicopters, computers, rockets, photorealistic video games and movies, etc.?

We know other animals don't have free will. They live in their habitat according to the theory of natural selection and evolution to adapt to their environment, whether they are carnivores or herbivores.

And who are these aliens that created the simulation? And what created those aliens?

And if we are characters in this simulation, are we connected via computer 3D equipment like in the Matrix movies and those episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh (you know what I'm talking about).

And last, could this theory tie into multi universes / dimensions?

EVEN THE THOERY OF MYERS BRIGGS / TYPOLOGY COULD SUGGEST WE ARE LIVING IN A SIMULATION. THAT 16 PERSONALITY YPES COULD BE LIKE CLASSES IN RPGS.

Last edited:
We are living in a simulation simulated by simulators

It's an unhealthy belief one way or another, since it's yet another thing in the modern world that decreases human value. It decreases human value by decreasing the value of the universe; implying it's invalid by virtue of being a simulation. I hate thinking like this. I don't care if it's true or not; it has a terrible effect upon the human mind.

It's an unhealthy belief one way or another, since it's yet another thing in the modern world that decreases human value. It decreases human value by decreasing the value of the universe; implying it's invalid by virtue of being a simulation. I hate thinking like this. I don't care if it's true or not; it has a terrible effect upon the human mind.

great theory to make us all paranoid, isn’t it?

Personally I can barely comprehend what the difference would be, except in terms of the existence of a 'basal reality' upon which all others (simulations) are founded, but then even that might not make sense.

Personally I can barely comprehend what the difference would be, except in terms of the existence of a 'basal reality' upon which all others (simulations) are founded, but then even that might not make sense.
Many things are a product of how they're viewed. View the universe as a simulation and what it is to us changes.