Are INFJs useful to society? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Are INFJs useful to society?

I've reread the thread and I'm still unsure of where I said I disagree with you on this matter.
Which leads me to wonder how I've misinterpreted you. In fact, I haven't stated my opinion
at all. I've only asked questions to make sure I understand fully what you are implying/stating.
I guess this means I'm not the Fi user you're referring to (;

Oh no, sorry, that second bit under the stars is not related to what we were saying. I was commenting in general, based on other experiences but it was inspired by our interaction :B

Oh no, sorry, that second bit under the stars is not related to what we were saying. I was commenting in general, based on other experiences but it was inspired by our interaction :B

Okay, now I have misinterpreted you :p

Also, if you would like to discuss my type with me I would enjoy it if you
would do so using PMs or my visitor messaging board since you seem so
dead set on me being an Fi dom. May I also suggest you get to know me.

- Sorry to derail from the topic at hand -

I'm not so sure where I stand on this whole topic, but I will say this.

I think that overall, more people should listen to the views of the INFJ, and the ENFJ for that matter too. our general tendancy not to put ourselves forward is probably a very good explanation for why our views are not more widespread, but I think there is a definite place for the INFJ in society. The ones I know personally tend to be in positions of advice giving, listening and assistance that people need. They also tend to act a little like moral or social consciences. I know that where I work, I tend to be the expert on how actions will effect other people emotionally, and I'm the only INFJ on the committee, so I happen to think that my position is of benifit to the organisation as a whole.

and I notice this a lot in other similar organisations dealing with people and advocating for them.

What are you guys talking about?
INFJs are are the major players of the world.

no, completely and utterly worthless.

/s

The reason the world is in the state it is in is because there are so few INFJ's

If there were more INFJ's the world would be less f'kd up

I often find out I am talking to an ENFJ when they are surrounded by so much awesome stuff and they say "I am BORED!!! HELP BOREDOM!!!" this sometimes progresses down the road to "But its not my stuff!". So I wonder if this is an analogous attribute to xNFJ. This entire thread is simply the introverted psyche's equivalent of some sort of reward seeking opterant conditioning. This entire thread seems to posit some emotionally charged contextually lacking group thinking.

"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing." - Socrates

In short hugs to everybody I wuv u peeps!!! :m161:

Last edited:
how do you define "usefulness" ?!
One definition of useful is [Being of practical use] , [efficiency , practicality] is mostly associated with the Te function which is located the 7th of the 8 cognitive functions of INFJs , therefore , INFJs often lack those qualities and may come across as impractical individuals . Another definition of useful is [ being of use or service; serving some purpose; advantageous, helpful, or of good effect ] and here where INFJs can be useful ; the two main functions of INFJs are [ Ni , Fe ] which is long term planning applied by Fe , Creating humanistic maps of values and ethics and applying them on societies is the INFJs power , and i think that's the reason why INFJs are rare and that's what INFJs are for !
so to answer your question , yes INFJs are useful if they emphasis their Ni an Fe .

Anybody is a useful as they are willing to do something to make the World a better place. I think INFJs are well placed to do that if they can get out of their heads and take action. It all depends on actions, thoughts without actions are wasted.

how do you define "usefulness" ?!
One definition of useful is [Being of practical use] , [efficiency , practicality] is mostly associated with the Te function which is located the 7th of the 8 cognitive functions of INFJs , therefore , INFJs often lack those qualities and may come across as impractical individuals . Another definition of useful is [ being of use or service; serving some purpose; advantageous, helpful, or of good effect ] and here where INFJs can be useful ; the two main functions of INFJs are [ Ni , Fe ] which is long term planning applied by Fe , Creating humanistic maps of values and ethics and applying them on societies is the INFJs power , and i think that's the reason why INFJs are rare and that's what INFJs are for !
so to answer your question , yes INFJs are useful if they emphasis their Ni an Fe .

Its only useful if it causes reward. As I stated previously reward.

Usefulness - Cause
Reward- Effect (not desired effect because if usefulness doesn't reward it is not useful and therefor doesn't ever happen. And to be a reward it must be useful. Both are interdependent upon each other and happen in tandem as equal and opposite reactions of one event.) If one still doesn't understand reward http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_priori_and_a_posteriori

thoughts without actions are wasted.

This is so true.If INFJs learn to manage better between the "dreamy state" and "practical state", they could be useful not only in their natural strenght.

The whole thread is kind of absurd to me.
Firstly, because is assumed that all INFJs are somehow impractical and with the heads in the cloud. But that is incorrect.
I met many INFJs which can not be accused of being dreamy or impractical. They trained themselfs to be in the present, to be productive and so on. On the other hand, they have their personal time when they think and meditate and do INFJs typical things.

But, why shouldn't we ask if other types are useful for society ? Because they are the majority? Perhaps the majority of the problems of society is because people don't think for themselfs, which honestly I think it is so ?

It's interesting how Freud "argumented" that introversion is a disease...I can think of at least 10 reasons for not being so, and perhaps two of them would make Freud feel really stupid for opening his mounth...

Now please, don't interpret this wrong. I love extroverts, but I love introverts too. And I don't think one group is better than the other, in fact I think both extroversion and introversion have their ups and downs when it comes to each type. And I also think that the ideal state is neither introversion or extroversion, it is something else, or something in the middle.

Last edited:
Reactions: djpyro21
Thirty spokes share the wheel's hub;
It is the center hole that makes it useful.
Shape clay into a vessel;
It is the space within that makes it useful.
Cut doors and windows for a room;
It is the holes which make it useful.
Therefore profit comes from what is there;
Usefulness from what is not there.

Anybody is a useful as they are willing to do something to make the World a better place. I think INFJs are well placed to do that if they can get out of their heads and take action. It all depends on actions, thoughts without actions are wasted.
A better world is nothing without better people. In fact the world is fine and beautiful!

I think what you mean is to make people become better custodians of the world. That, I don't think we can do because it is up to each within their self. You cannot make a person be better - you can only hope to show them how.

No. All we can do is check the damage and lift up those who have been hurt by action. Thought without action isn't necessarily wasted, but action without thought is what causes all the things we're supposed to be 'taking action' to fix. Things would actually be better I think if people thought more and did less.

The reason the world is in the state it is in is because there are so few INFJ's

If there were more INFJ's the world would be less f'kd up

Doubtful. Infj =/= worlds salvation.

Reactions: Radiantshadow
Doubtful. Infj =/= worlds salvation.

I think there are certain realities that are going to bite soon for example the extent of the damage done by fukishima, the coming collapse of the fiat currencies and the damage being wreaked by chemtrails (noticed any weird climatic conditions recently?)

When all this sinks in i think it will become apparent that a human race with a higher percentage of INFJ's could not do any worse than the current set up

next time round we should have more INFJ's....they wouldn't drop the ball so badly

I still think we can turn it all round but i think unfortunately to shake people out of their dispondancy things will get worse before they can get better

Last edited:
I think it depends on your opinion of what would be most useful for society without assuming its continuation or success is of utmost priority. I mean everyone is quick to point out how were destroying the planet and hurting others with our political corruption and acts of physical violence towards our own species. Well shit what if the most beneficial outcome for humans is non-existence? Regardless I have no opinion on whether an 'average' infjs set of mbti functions are any more or less useful to helping other individuals achieve shared goals. In a practical sense I don't see why they can't drive a produce truck any more or less effectively than any other type.

I think there are certain realities that are going to bite soon for example the extent of the damage done by fukishima, the coming collapse of the fiat currencies and the damage being wreaked by chemtrails (noticed any weird climatic conditions recently?)

When all this sinks in i think it will become apparent that a human race with a higher percentage of INFJ's could not do any worse than the current set up

next time round we should have more INFJ's....they wouldn't drop the ball so badly

I still think we can turn it all round but i think unfortunately to shake people out of their dispondancy things will get worse before they can get better

You seem to be under the impression that infjs are inherently good people with good motives. They are just people like any other. But I know you idealize your type so there's no changing your mind.

Reactions: barbad0s
You seem to be under the impression that infjs are inherently good people with good motives. They are just people like any other. But I know you idealize your type so there's no changing your mind.

I think it is about how they process information. i think how people process information is crucial

If you were putting together a football team you would pick players for different positions depending on their abiliites....like picking tools to do a job

If i was picking the human tool box for the sustainable running of a planet....i would choose more INFJ's then we currently have

Last edited: