Are INFJs useful to society? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Are INFJs useful to society?

[MENTION=9995]Dohavior[/MENTION] the relation between the cause (usefulness) and effect (reward) is related to the factor who causes this effect (INFJ) , so in order to be useful this factor is expected to gain a reward and vice versa .
this relation is centered on the INFJ individual and doesn't explain whether this factor is useful for the society or not .

I think it is about how they process information. i think how people process information is crucial

If you were putting together a football team you would pick players for different positions depending on their abiliites....like picking tools to do a job

If i was picking the human tool box for the sustainable running of a planet....i would choose more INFJ's then we currently have

Why is that? What types are you picking for each role?

Why is that? What types are you picking for each role?

I hadn't gone as far as picking my humanity dream team but i would definately include more people who think before they act/speak and who are more likely to question things and consider the future

I hadn't gone as far as picking my humanity dream team but i would definately include more people who think before they act/speak and who are more likely to question things and consider the future

People who are prone to emotional outbursts, jumping to conclusions, and irrational thought. "Why doesn't cuba like me? I'm gonna nuke them for this trade embargo." #doorslam.

Last edited:
People who are prone to emotional outbursts, jumping to conclusions, and irrational thought. "Why doesn't cuba like me? I'm gonna nuke them for this trade embargo." #doorslam.

i don't think you're describing INFJ's there

Emotion is not something to be afraid of. A person in touch with their emotions will not press the nuclear button

Its those without emotion you need to watch out for

Think about Hitler's 'final solution'...thats a very rational, unemotional act

Think about Breviks shooting of the youth of the labour party (tomorrows party members)...a very rational move but entirely lacking in empathy

i don't think you're describing INFJ's there

Emotion is not something to be afraid of. A person in touch with their emotions will not press the nuclear button

Its those without emotion you need to watch out for

Think about Hitler's 'final solution'...thats a very rational, unemotional act

Think about Breviks shooting of the youth of the labour party (tomorrows party members)...a very rational move but entirely lacking in empathy

Hitler is often labeled infj.

Reactions: muir
Hitler is often labeled infj.

Pathology negates MBTI

Besides I think if you look at the oligarchic elite that created Hitler and who sustained him i think you'll find they are not INFJ's

What you will generally find is INFJ's speaking out against that oligarchic elite and then you will have in reaction to that a demonisation of INFJ's by the oligarchic elite who feel threatened by the INFJ's

INFJ's don't get supported by the oligarchy they get killed by it

Last edited:
Reactions: the
Pathology negates MBTI

Besides I think if you look at the oligarchic elite that created Hitler and who sustained him i think you'll find they are not INFJ's

What you will generally find is INFJ's speaking out against that oligarchic elite and then you will have in reaction to that a demonisation of INFJ's by the oligarchic elite who feel threatened by the INFJ's

INFJ's don't get supported by the oligarchy they get killed by it

Why does he have to have a pathology? Its just a different view point mixed with love for his people and a desire to protect them from a seemingly unstoppable foe. He tried his best. I think you are blinded by your desire and belief that infjs only do good and are the apex of humankind

Why does he have to have a pathology? Its just a different view point mixed with love for his people and a desire to protect them from a seemingly unstoppable foe. He tried his best. I think you are blinded by your desire and belief that infjs only do good and are the apex of humankind

He was a person under extreme stress. he was wounded fighting in the trenches of the first world war and he felt betrayed when elements within germany forced the military to surrender when it was holding its own.

When a person is under stress they often flip their MBTI

MBTI is really about looking at the cognitive functions of people who are in a healthy state. if someone is at a point where they are having people locked up, tortured, massacred and so i think they are not in a healthy state of mind and therefore any talk of MBTI is negated

You could find traits of any MBTI in hitlers behaviour. For example have a look at the following description of INTP's but it doesn't mean hitler was an INTP. What it does mean is that Hitler wasn't acting through empathy:

http://www.personalitypage.com/INTP.html

I don't think INFJ's are the apex of human kind. I think they are a tool in a tool box where each tool has a role to play

I think the role of INFJ's has largely been a role of weighing existing systems against their human/environmental costs

There are people who basically don't care about the long term effects of their actions. They are simply out to get what they can in the short term. They have to a large extent formed the currently prevailant ideology. INFJ's have traditionally been the voices questioning this behaviour.

i think if we look around us at the world today it should be clear that the questioning voice in our society needs to be louder; if we had more INFJ's that voice would carry more weight

Last edited:
[MENTION=9995]Dohavior[/MENTION] the relation between the cause (usefulness) and effect (reward) is related to the factor who causes this effect (INFJ) , so in order to be useful this factor is expected to gain a reward and vice versa .
this relation is centered on the INFJ individual and doesn't explain whether this factor is useful for the society or not .

There is no centering that is your own imagination. You can't have one without the other. The individual is a component of the society therein a grouping of individuals. An absence does not make an opposite and neither does opposition make absence that is how inductive and deductive reasoning is proven. Some people still to this day do not understand the concept of Zero or the Tangible.

I present to you if you remove the entropy and resources of a society that an individual does not stand on their own. Just look up feral children raised by animals there are many such cases. And likewise there are many cases of angry mob brutality. The situation is much akin to holding your breathe once you pass out the body takes over.

INFJs are useless without other people.

I disagree.

INFJ's have Se as their inferior function and means that we strive to interact with the world like Se doms (ESTP).

This means deep down inside we have a primal urge to create and generate in the physical world. Combined with our Ni Fe and Ti our Se is a potent force for getting things done in an amazing way.

Pathology negates MBTI

Sounds convenient...

Person: Hannibal Lecter is typed as an INTj.

Infj: sounds about right.

Person: Hitler and Bin Laden were typed as INFJ...

Infj: pathology negates MBTI.

Lol. Just having fun. :)

Sounds convenient...

Person: Hannibal Lecter is typed as an INTj.

Infj: sounds about right.

Person: Hitler and Bin Laden were typed as INFJ...

Infj: pathology negates MBTI.

Lol. Just having fun. :)

Hannibal Lecter...INFJ? C'mon you've gotta be kidding!

he eats a guy for playing the wrong note during a concert!

That kind of disdain for incompetance is surely a classic INTJ trait?!

(INTJ's secretly want to eat all incompetant people...its only the humanity of their INFJ cousins that stops the world falling into darkness)

Hannibal Lecter...INFJ? C'mon you've gotta be kidding!

he eats a guy for playing the wrong note during a concert!

That kind of disdain for incompetance is surely a classic INTJ trait!

I'm pretty sure "person" typed Hannibal as an INTj as I wrote.

Hannibal: Clearly INTJ. I'd eat the shit out of someone doing less, lol.

I'm pretty sure "person" typed Hannibal as an INTj as I wrote.

Intj: Clearly INTJ. I'd eat the shit out of someone doing less, lol.

And i'll be right there wagging my finger in a dissaproving way!

There its official...INFJ's ARE useful....we stop INTJ's from eating the other humans

You ruined my lunch :/

I changed a door knob out today, therefore, INFJs can be very useful.