Are bankers becoming psychologists? | INFJ Forum

Are bankers becoming psychologists?

AUM

The Romantic Scientist
Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
4w5
Strangely enough, yesterday that I went to the bank to speak to a representative I started noticing something that caught my attention. With the crisis going so bad lately I've noticed that the customers in the banks are treating the bank assistants as psychologist. One lady was crying to the gentlemen telling him that she was going bankrupt and that she needed to feed her kids, to make long story short this guy started giving the lady all kinds of tips and advice on what to do in her situation. I was so amazed at the way the gentlemen treated her but at the same time I started thinking that not all bankers are going to be like that which made me really sad to think what kinds of things other people are going through right now in this tough time.

I know my question is a little odd and off topic but here it is:

Do you think our world by how things are going is in need of more Feelers?(people becoming more empathetic and making decisions based more on values than on logic reasoning)

Wow how admirable and heartbreaking!
Its not due to the influence of psychology, neither is it solely because of the crisis. Believe it or not, that would not be possible anywhere in the world but USA!!
It sounds like you had an epiphany there ^^

Wow how admirable and heartbreaking!
Its not due to the influence of psychology, neither is it solely because of the crisis. Believe it or not, that would not be possible anywhere in the world but USA!!
It sounds like you had an epiphany there ^^

I did :D

BTW, the guy that helped the lady was arabic or somewhere in the middle east not necessarily American

Crisis or not, I think the world is always in need of more Feelers. On the other hand, however I don't like to admit it, :m054: I think in times of crisis we need the Thinkers just as much. Because honestly, what would we do without their logic and realism?

The world always needs both. If you want people to feel better about themselves they will need a plan to get out of the shit they are in and someone to empathize with them.

Realism is always bad because that would make it okay for the world to stay the way it is or 'realistic' as opposed to the possible heights it could reach...

Surely the man could have been middle eastern but its the American spirit that makes it not the ethnicity! From what I heard there are hardly any pure Americans ^^

Realism is always bad because that would make it okay for the world to stay the way it is or 'realistic' as opposed to the possible heights it could reach...

Surely the man could have been middle eastern but its the American spirit that makes it not the ethnicity! From what I heard there are hardly any pure Americans ^^

Yeah we keep those on reservations.

The world always needs both. If you want people to feel better about themselves they will need a plan to get out of the shit they are in and someone to empathize with them.

You've said it uberrogo. The thing is that most of the times an individual is either an extreme logical person(forgetting about empathy and consideration) or an extreme sensitive and caring one(forgetting about the most logical and practical approach), so in that case we need to develop more of our weaker sides, but I'm afraid that habits are hard to break but it can be done

I don't know,.. but yesterday I had a quick conversation with the bank teller (who I only recognise from a few repeated visits) and we through everything about me (I am a working uni student) in the short space of 5 min = where I was, where I worked, difficulty of my course, who I worked for, where, how she knows someone who does my field of study, how much money I was making (?!!) and what i planned to do with it ! hah! sheesh:m167:

Crisis or not, I think the world is always in need of more Feelers. On the other hand, however I don't like to admit it, :m054: I think in times of crisis we need the Thinkers just as much. Because honestly, what would we do without their logic and realism?

Agreed. Couldn't have said it better.

I am a banker...well a CAO (receptionist) in a bank, and OMG, the things people tell me! Truly I don't need to know that much about you. For the most part, I really Do feel for these people, but sometimes I get to hear WAY too much and I'd really rather that they didn't share so much. And remember, I'm way out in the open...I've been told by account managers that once that door closes, they really become psychiatrists in some cases...I mean we have to be confidential so it's kind of like a free counselling session for the client!