Are all men created equal? When will they be treated equally? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Are all men created equal? When will they be treated equally?

Also just because I interpret something as good for the body, that doesn't mean it is good for the body.

You're leaving it up to "good interpretation" but interpretation is clearly problematic already.

Ants aren't really friendly or bad, they're just ants. Their cooperation is not for some kind of goodness or moral health, it's for survival.

#AllAntsMatter

All people are fundamentally equal regardless of their differences. We would value liquid, frozen, or vaporized water differently depending on our need, but they are still of the same essence. The measures of mankind are ultimately artificial.

All people are fundamentally equal regardless of their differences. We would value liquid, frozen, or vaporized water differently depending on our need, but they are still of the same essence. The measures of mankind are ultimately artificial.
Your analogy falls apart due to the fact that water is easily transfered between states and some people are largely immutable. Not everyone is equal, some need more help than others.

Consider this as a half joke but :
I'm 26 and all I've seen was asholism in "MEN", So I'd say they're equally assholes ,one way of another

P.S: I'm angry with someone

Your analogy falls apart due to the fact that water is easily transfered between states and some people are largely immutable. Not everyone is equal, some need more help than others.

im·mu·ta·ble
adjective
unchanging over time or unable to be changed.
"an immutable fact"

That sounds like willful ignorance on your part. People change all the time. Do you mean to argue that you are as you were when you were just a toddler?

I think you may have a mistaken impression of some certain implications that you are indirectly arguing for. I too believe some people need more help than others at times. Whatever you mean to imply by this statement is not contradictory to anything I said or meant to imply. I'm wondering why you would think this is so.

I assumed we were talking about fully developed humans? I'm arguing that equality is not necessarily good. Not everyone is equal in that people have different incomparable strengths and weaknesses. Neither is better, neither is worse and neither is the other's equal. Treat people how they need to be treated, not equally.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I assumed we were talking about fully developed humans? I'm arguing that equality is not necessarily good. Not everyone is equal in that people have different incomparable strengths and weaknesses. Neither is better, neither is worse and neither is the other's equal. Treat people how they need to be treated, not equally.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Regardless of whether we were talking about grown adults, your description would still be incorrect. Humans are not immutable. They aren't statues. The very use of that adjective to describe a person or people is ludicrously absurd. How, pray tell, are human beings in any way, shape, or form considered immutable?

You are also making a categorical mistake while speaking about 'equality'. I stated:

We would value liquid, frozen, or vaporized water differently depending on our need, but they are still of the same essence.

Value is subjective. Different things are valued differently depending on circumstances. These might be the attributes that we measure, but not the measurement itself.

The rest of your statement is pure nonsense. How are "strengths and weaknesses" neither better or worse? Those words, by definition, imply being better or worse. How do people need to be treated? Equally is not a manner of behavior. I think you mean to imply that it means identically, but it does not necessarily.

1 + 1 is equal to 2, but only 2 is identical with 2. Identity is singular, whereas equivalence is infinite.

I'm not sure what to make of your comments as they seem to be inconsistent and incoherent.

If I work, how shall I be spoken of as being equal to someone that watches TV all day long? If I produce, how can I be spoken of as being equal to those that produce nothing? If they take away from me and give to those watching the TV, does that make us equal? What will become of them should I just stop working? Equality cannot be obtained this way.

If I think, how shall I be spoken of as being equal to those watching TV all day? If I think for them, they will still take from me to give to them. Can we obtain equality this way?

If I can survive, are there not those that could not survive without others? If I love a woman with all my heart, and she hates someone more than she loves me, is this love equal?

We see the statue with a blindfold on the eyes, holding a set of scales to measure things with. A pound of gold is not equal to a pound of wheat. A pound of water is not equal to a pound of oil. Yet, the scales say they are the same; but only the same weight.

Society and government will not allow all to be equal, though they speak words of equality. Teaching people together and expecting the same results is nonsense. Our individuality make us who we are.

What about similarities? If we are similar, are we equal? I hint again to the fire within each of us: our light. "I would that thou were hot or cold; but because thou art lukewarm, I will spew thee from my mouth."

If we have no light, we live in darkness. We can hope to find someone to share their light with us.

Sure you want to get into merit comparisons? Because I somehow doubt that it takes much to be you.

If I work, how shall I be spoken of as being equal to someone that watches TV all day long? If I produce, how can I be spoken of as being equal to those that produce nothing? If they take away from me and give to those watching the TV, does that make us equal? What will become of them should I just stop working? Equality cannot be obtained this way.

If I think, how shall I be spoken of as being equal to those watching TV all day? If I think for them, they will still take from me to give to them. Can we obtain equality this way?

If I can survive, are there not those that could not survive without others? If I love a woman with all my heart, and she hates someone more than she loves me, is this love equal?

We see the statue with a blindfold on the eyes, holding a set of scales to measure things with. A pound of gold is not equal to a pound of wheat. A pound of water is not equal to a pound of oil. Yet, the scales say they are the same; but only the same weight.

Society and government will not allow all to be equal, though they speak words of equality. Teaching people together and expecting the same results is nonsense. Our individuality make us who we are.

What about similarities? If we are similar, are we equal? I hint again to the fire within each of us: our light. "I would that thou were hot or cold; but because thou art lukewarm, I will spew thee from my mouth."

If we have no light, we live in darkness. We can hope to find someone to share their light with us.

I have learned that life does not always give us the answers we are looking to find, and we should not feel uneasy if the answers in life ask of us more than we are willing to do. For whatever purpose there is for us to question something, we may not wish to cut the ties that bind us to others that might enable us closure. Sometimes we do not wish to inevitably hurt someone should we follow our path. We learn we must make concessions with certain realities we encounter, which enable us to be at peace with others that usually would never understand or consider.

If we encounter what might be best for us, we must ask what would be best for others before we decide to let go and follow or to stay and dwell on what might have been. Some people might only do what is best for themselves, and thinking about how it will affect others might never cross their minds.

I see, and I know what I see, but acknowledge what might be best for myself might not be best for other parties involved. I ponder if this decision may be a form of self-sacrifice, but I know I must live by the threads that are interwoven to make me who I am. I could be easily influenced by someone I feel I like in a positive manner, but it is because I make myself open to said person or persons. I may be protecting something that is not as important as what I want to experience, but relish in a most subserviant way my own is not as important as others'.

I find it funny how in one thread you present yourself as self-sacrificing, but in another you are self-aggrandizing.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Oh ye of little faith.

[MENTION=4822]Matt3737[/MENTION]

People love to equate work with worth, until we try to replace them with robots, then suddenly it's unfair.

Shit rolls down hill.

[MENTION=4822]Matt3737[/MENTION]

People love to equate work with worth, until we try to replace them with robots, then suddenly it's unfair.

Shit rolls down hill.

No doubt. Not to mention whatever should even be considered worthwhile work. It seems to me, by his reasoning, reading the Bible itself is worthless because it's too similar to watching TV by producing nothing. That doesn't seem very Christian-like.

Luke 12:22-28

And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

I find it funny how in one thread you present yourself as self-sacrificing, but in another you are self-aggrandizing.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Oh ye of little faith.
...and you, sir, are like it seems everyone I come in contact with. I haven't the time to waste trying to defend someone's arrogance and misunderstanding. Try reading this thread and comparing it with the government's mindset once.

...and you, sir, are like it seems everyone I come in contact with. I haven't the time to waste trying to defend someone's arrogance and misunderstanding. Try reading this thread and comparing it with the government's mindset once.

That's a funny way of admitting you were wrong regarding your own Christian values:

Matthew 4:4

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

I apologize for calling you out on it, o ye of little faith.

Having a problem with everyone you come in contact with is likely a sign that it's a you problem.

That's a funny way of admitting you were wrong regarding your own Christian values:

I apologize for calling you out on it, o ye of little faith.

I don't know what your problem is, but get back to me when you have it worked out.

Back on topic, please.

Having a problem with everyone you come in contact with is likely a sign that it's a you problem.

Or that everyone has problems - and cultural taboos/customs don't require that people keep their problems to themselves . (Just playing devil's advocate).

** This thread is soooo mind numbing. ***

How about some comment on the role that customs/laws/mores balance individual good with collective good; and how this influences issues of equality/inequality?

Or that everyone has problems - and cultural taboos/customs don't require that people keep their problems to themselves . (Just playing devil's advocate).

** This thread is soooo mind numbing. ***

How about some comment on the role that customs/laws/mores balance individual good with collective good; and how this influences issues of equality/inequality?

I was talking about someone in particular.

If you feel a comment needs to be made, please make it.