Anti-love | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Anti-love

I see. I guess I just see unnecessary pain as an inherent product of a free-willed existence. It's not something that I desire, but it is something that I accept in the same sense that I have no choice but to accept that an asteroid may strike the earth and kill us all.

This is not to say that I am indifferent to unnecessary pain, or towards those who inflict it. It is just that I can't begin to fathom how to realize your ideal without taking people's free will away and thus causing 'unnecessary pain' in the process.

I admire your goal and I wish you good luck in your aspiration. To me, it's one of the great mysteries of life that I might only understand as I take my last few breaths...

That reply caught me by surprise. What does it mean?

What this means is that if someone believes something that the majority of people do not believe, for example, "If I kill 1 billion people the world will know peace." and that person goes through with it than he has just created pain of an enormous magnitude. Which is why truth is more important than beliefe. Because beliefe can cause someone to justifiably, in their mind, cause great pain for the betterment of something.

I see. I guess I just see unnecessary pain as an inherent product of a free-willed existence. It's not something that I desire, but it is something that I accept in the same sense that I have no choice but to accept that an asteroid may strike the earth and kill us all.

This is not to say that I am indifferent to unnecessary pain, or towards those who inflict it. It is just that I can't begin to fathom how to realize your ideal without taking people's free will away and thus causing 'unnecessary pain' in the process.

I admire your goal and I wish you good luck in your aspiration. To me, it's one of the great mysteries of life that I might only understand as I take my last few breaths...

You don't have to take their free will away. if someone does something to cause enourmous pain just love them, and you'll stop the cycle of pain.

What this means is that if someone believes something that the majority of people do not believe, for example, "If I kill 1 billion people the world will know peace." and that person goes through with it than he has just created pain of an enormous magnitude. Which is why truth is more important than beliefe. Because beliefe can cause someone to justifiably, in their mind, cause great pain for the betterment of something.

I know that someone out there disagrees with this statement. I really want to hear from you.

Yeah, but some people believe what they believe is the truth. So what is truth? Even what we "know" scientifically can be disproved if a better theory comes along.

People knew the earth was flat, they knew that we were at the center of the universe, they knew that going above 30 miles per hour in a car would kill you and some people knew that George Bush was the right man for the job.

The truth is subjective because many people see gray area as just black and white.

Yeah, but some people believe what they believe is the truth. So what is truth? Even what we "know" scientifically can be disproved if a better theory comes along.

People knew the earth was flat, they knew that we were at the center of the universe, they knew that going above 30 miles per hour in a car would kill you and some people knew that George Bush was the right man for the job.

The truth is subjective because many people see gray area as just black and white.

I agree.
People knew the earth was flat, now we know it's not. They knew that we were at the center of the universe, now we know that we are not.
I hope that 10 years from now we will be able to say, "10 years ago we knew the world couldn't be changed, now we know it can."

Wow...

You're all being very negative about this, as if being capable of loving should be a compulsary factor of all living things...

You're forgetting:
-Caution
-Scars/Past betrayal
-Apathy
-Idleness
-More interesting things to do
-Lack of time
-Lack of patience
-Had a go once, but didn't really see what all the fuss was about...

Etc.

Emotional and physical elements mainly, the other been social status. Social status, I find is usually ignored or brushed off with terms like "i don't judge people like that" or "i don't care as long as...". I didn't relise this till older. Even the most open and understanding person has some sort of goal as far as partner is concerned just by having a standard. One example was why my friend couldn't get a girlfriend. He went on dates, is very charming with the ladies and never shy from been honest. The problem came with his ambition in life, even what would be considered warm and understanding of people hated this lack of drive in him, despite it not really having any effect on a relationship. Even been a drug addict is a social status. Sorry ranted.

Reactions: not sure
Are we specifying romantic love here? Because there's a difference between love and romantic love.

But one thing is a common hindrance between all of them

Fear

"In the end the love you take is equal to the love you make"- The Beatles

I think what prevents people from getting love or feeling love is that they don't give it, and what prevents people from giving love is not getting it. It's a cycle.