Anti-love | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Anti-love

Will not cause pain of any kind. Are you sure about this? Sometimes, pain is a side-effect of a loving action. A mother correcting a stubborn, wayward child for instance. The child could claim emotional pain because of embarrassment.

Cured of what? How do you know that a majority is sufficient? Since people show love in different ways, how do you know their values will not conflict?

Yes, very good point. Perhaps, "would not deliberately cause pain of any kind"?

What would make a person unable to love himself?

I think just about anyone could come up with reasons here. But I will throw out a few of the more obvious ones: an abusive childhood where the person was made to feel worthless, physical deformaties that cause others to mock a person giving them a sense of worthlessness, continuted failure in life (self pity comes in here), or something as simple as never having been shown love in the first place.

I need to figure out what would prevent or manipulate a being from loving so that I can figure out how to solve those problems.
[/FONT]

My suggestion is that you focus on yourself. Discover what prevents you from loving? Is it possible to rid yourself of those obstacles? How? Is it even desirable? Solve it for yourself first before attempting to replicate it in others because as you add more people the level of complexity will surely grow.

My suggestion is that you focus on yourself. Discover what prevents you from loving? Is it possible to rid yourself of those obstacles? How? Is it even desirable? Solve it for yourself first before attempting to replicate it in others because as you add more people the level of complexity will surely grow.

Yes, I agree.

But my own experiences limit me. For example, I was never raped or born to abusive parents. So it may be easier for me to love than someone else who may have been subjected to those circumstances.

Yes, I agree.

But my own experiences limit me. For example, I was never raped or born to abusive parents. So it may be easier for me to love than someone else who may have been subjected to those circumstances.

Or it may be that they have greater capacity to love because they understand the necessity of love in a way that you do not. Life is full of grey, very little black and white. All these examples that you give can be countered.

Even if you have not experienced tragedy, you are a human being both capable of love and hate. Therefore, it makes sense to start your study with yourself. How can love and hate exist in one person? Why? Does love look the same no matter your age, race, culture, experiences, values and so on? Why is it when you show love to others it is unappreciated or misunderstood? Where does hate come from? The questions go on and on.

Your life is your own petri dish. Start there and you will be better prepared to understand the issues that other people face.

Nothing prevents love.
Many things prevent the expression of love.

Please explain. I really need to understand how you came to this conclusion.

Or it may be that they have greater capacity to love because they understand the necessity of love in a way that you do not. Life is full of grey, very little black and white. All these examples that you give can be countered.

Even if you have not experienced tragedy, you are a human being both capable of love and hate. Therefore, it makes sense to start your study with yourself. How can love and hate exist in one person? Why? Does love look the same no matter your age, race, culture, experiences, values and so on? Why is it when you show love to others it is unappreciated or misunderstood? Where does hate come from? The questions go on and on.

Your life is your own petri dish. Start there and you will be better prepared to understand the issues that other people face.

Thank you.

Do you agree that if everyone loves and everyone is loved that the world will be cured?

Thank you.

Do you agree that if everyone loves and everyone is loved that the world will be cured?

Only if everyone agreed on and held to the same conception of love.

Can you elaborate on what 'cured' means to you? Absence of animosity, of pain, of violence, of hate?

Only if everyone agreed on and held to the same conception of love.

Can you elaborate on what 'cured' means to you? Absence of animosity, of pain, of violence, of hate?

Absence of anything that will cause pain of any kind unnecessarily.

Here is what I have concluded as necessary circumstances for causing pain of any kind.

The skeptic in me just says that it would be impossible to get the entire world on the same page to a point where everyone would understand, agree, and participate.

The skeptic in me just says that it would be impossible to get the entire world on the same page to a point where everyone would understand, agree, and participate.
I know. But I can't believe that. It has to be possible. Like I've said before. If a person truly believes that something cannot be fixed he will never look for a way to fix it.

What are things (emotions, situations, physical objects, etc...) that prevent a person from loving or being able to love?

Nothing, save that person

Why? Also, how will you cope with the truth? How will that affect your plans and choices?

You can believe that killing a person will bring you everlasting life, but if it cant be proven to the majority of people than you have just killed someone unnecessarily and have created pain that could be very far reaching.
How I cope with truth depends on the truth that I've realized.
How it will effect my plans and choices also depends on the truth that I've realized.

You can believe that killing a person will bring you everlasting life, but if it cant be proven to the majority of people than you have just killed someone unnecessarily and have created pain that could be very far reaching.

That reply caught me by surprise. What does it mean?