Anger | INFJ Forum

Anger

TheBlondest

Jun 1, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
I have a difficult time with anger and I usually just internalize. For me, it is easier to be upset or angry than hurt. I'm curious how others deal with anger. I'll admit that being passive-aggressive is fun, even though I find that behavior annoying in others. But that doesn't usually happen, I just think about creative ways to drive the offender nuts. Please share your thoughts.

I truly do not have much of a temper at all. I will get angry at my computer, or myslelf and will sort of just rant in private, but that is about it. Anger has a very small effect on me.I am also not very vengeful at all. I also detest passive-agressiveness in people more then any other behavior. I have NO tollerence for it at all (I also subsequently watch for it in myself so I do not act in such a way).

Ooh, and your in Montana? Where at? I am in Bozeman myself.

I generally internalize my anger because I would feel foolish to explode, it's like saying you lost control though you know you're better than that (more mature).

I internalize anger, bottle it up, deny it just to keep the peace, until it explodes out of me in the form of spontaneously crying weeks later.

Crying is good for anger, and I should probably do it right away instead of remaining stoic. It's a good release. I really feel like when I cry, negativity is being let out of me like air from a balloon.

I never explode on people in anger. When an argument or a fight can't be avoided with someone, I'm totally cool and calm. Every word and it's anticipated reaction is calculated before even being uttered. Usually I don't argue to wound, but to solve the issue. Then, I write a nasty poem about them later.

When I get really angry I implode, I start to cry.

I used to have some temper issues as a kid. If I would get angry I would get into a blind rage, not able to think straight. Afterwards I would feel very badly about myself for acting like this. Thankfully I have managed to get control over this.

when something makes me angry a just remember it so when i get to a point where im totaly overcome with emotion i most often implode. but on a few occasions i have definatly exploded with certain people.

I've made anger my friend for a very long time. At one point in my life the only thing getting me through the days was my anger. Now that my life is more balanced I'm getting less attached to it, since anger is more often than not counter productive, but I still value it. Often for me it is a lot easier to be angry than hurt, and more constructive in moving on beyond the hurtful things.

I don't internalize much though. Usually I let out my fury in some way or other, and I've been told I can be scary when angry. Better out than in, I always say!

I used to have some temper issues as a kid. If I would get angry I would get into a blind rage, not able to think straight. Afterwards I would feel very badly about myself for acting like this. Thankfully I have managed to get control over this.

yeah, thats what its like when i explode, i just can't get a grip on myself

Same here. Being more direct is better for us, otherwise bottling it up can have far more negative effects in the long run than any ill effects caused by being, potentially, blunt.

However that's easier said than done, since I often show little emotion amongst unfamiliar people until the day it all comes gushing out and it's usually over the top. Still, I'm getting better.

I ve lived with anger for IDk how long.

My dad didnt have a dad and his mom was a angry woman so i guess it spread on him than with my dad having no dad and his pride gettin in the way he didnt know how to handle kids so he just really hit us. no other option i guess. he never really controlled his anger. not for long i guess...

hold on lemme rewrite wat im saying cuz im making this man out to be a devilllll(in which u could say)

but he ALWAYS had anger problems and now its like a diesase spreading through his children(my brothers) because he doesnt know how to share his emotions. see?

so.....than growing up i hated him so anger still to this day lives with me.

I still hate him for how he treated us....just kids....just makes me cry thinking about it...I truly hate that man:m206: