[INFJ] - An INFJ on making friends..help!! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] An INFJ on making friends..help!!

I feel comfortable around ENFJs myself. They bring me out, but are understanding of my introversion as well. And they are not put off by my intensity. It's a good balance for me.

Most people find me too intense too. For the longest time, I thought I was extra weird or something.

I don't see it as assimilation, more like a chameleon taking on some of a person's mannerisms in an attempt to make them feel at ease. I also think of it as "matching their energy". I think it's aux Fe at work creating harmony and a sense of connection.

no that would be mirroring someone, I do this too.
But for me it won't hold after moving away from them.
The way INFJok described it, it did not sound temporary.

Which personality types do INFJs befriend and feel the most comfortable with? Fellow INFJs or any others?

Considering that the OP may or may not read this but for others, you have to get away from paper. You will not have your book with you when you are out and about in the real world. You can't break out your cheat sheet. Trust me, I have learned through experience and I didn't have any of this. If I did, I would have been a mess. You have to use your "feelers" and your intuition. You have to go out there and expose yourself to as much as you can. The more you do, the more you will be able to identify the little nuances and intangibles based off of facial and character recognition of those you do and don't jive with. But it takes getting out there and then coming back to do the research and figuring it out. We can't leave all our abilities on paper to use as reference (different than getting away from the paper). If you have it, use it in real world.

Be your best self
Stumble upon the gnowledge
Find the others
Heal the planet
Start within
Pass it on

I really enjoy ENTPs and INTPs (but I can't seem to find them easily), but for close emotional relationships I really get along with ENFPs and ENFJs, and also other INFJs. I also tend to connect deeply VERY easily with INFPs. We just fall into intimate friendship. (Yay Idealists!)

I don't get along as well with Sensors. For obvious reasons. It never gets deep enough or interesting enough for me.
(But for some reason I always end up dating Sensors.....FML.....)

I tend to avoid small talk at all costs. I go deep, not personal, but introspective, right away. To everyone. Then my fellow intuitives can find me.

"Most people find me too intense too...."

This is rather pointing at my life, i have grappled with it but think it brings quality relationships into your life, so it's a positive.
I often think about the books people read at work or their music and i wouldn't waste my time with this.

A doctor at work asked me about what i was read and i mentioned Tolstoy's "Diary of Ivan Ilyich".
He said something about it might do my head in.

I explained that it is more or less the prototype for the modern personal and reflective style, that you you can learn a lot about writing from it.
he dressed hurriedly and left the change room.