American suicide bomber???? | INFJ Forum

American suicide bomber????

GracieRuth

Permanent Fixture
Aug 19, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Mr. Ali was known by the F.B.I. to be one of an estimated 30 Americans who have joined the Shabab, at least 20 of whom came from the Somali community in Minneapolis.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/31/w...ify-american-as-bomber-in-somalia-attack.html

Obviously a person can grow up in the USA, but if they are part of a tightly knit anti-american subculture, they are not going to be properly Americanized. Is it really appropriate in such a case for the media to advertise them as AMERICAN suicide bombers?

Call them what they wish to be called, not some propagandized name.

Or don't call them at all, terror attacks are done to garner attention and provoke an unsound action, something something turn the other something.

Or don't call them at all, terror attacks are done to garner attention and provoke an unsound action, something something turn the other something.

And "there's no such thing as bad publicity"

Obviously a person can grow up in the USA, but if they are part of a tightly knit anti-american subculture, they are not going to be properly Americanized. Is it really appropriate in such a case for the media to advertise them as AMERICAN suicide bombers?

Well yes, if they were American citizens then the term is correct, regardless of their skin colour or country or origin.

I dont think ignoring the problem is the right way to deal with violent people.

Reactions: Feelings
Ya, they're American I think. Or you could argue for not using any labels at all, or any labels of a certain type. But there are certainly categorizations that are widely agreed upon.

Oh you. ^-^

I dont like the idea of having to be properly Americanized.

Reactions: hk427f3
Just FYI, this is an example of a counterculture, not a subculture.