Addictions | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Addictions

Caffeine and nicotine are my only chemical addictions.

Conservatives would argue that I am "Addicted" to marijuana.

I still haven't broken the smoking of cigarettes or drinking pop. Really, the worst thing about a chemical addiction is the NEED for it. You can't function without it. I hate that.

Weed... Well, all I have to do is stay away from my group of friends for a little while, which I have been doing. I've been staying at home, picking up the bass, working out, etc. Just anything to fill my time that would be normally used to smoke a few fatties with my buddies. It blows that I have to ostracize myself but I'm willing to do that for my own good.

Plus, I blew way too much money on weed, alcohol and cigarettes. I need to cut dat shit out and buckle down right nao.

I was addicted to nicotine for most of my teenage/adolescent years, I find addiction terrible because of the fact that you can't function without it. Being addicted to anything, in my mind, tends to make you a weaker 'person' because your allowing yourself to be controlled by something that isn't needed/is overabundant

I get addicted to things too easily, I think. It's an escapism/coping mechanism. I gotta be careful with that.

I stay away from nicotine and drugs, I watch my caffeine and internet/TV/etc. intake, etc. All things in moderation.

But at the moment, I'm addicted to/obsessed with my relationship with my friend, and I know one day I'll be "addicted" to alcohol, but I really don't mind that one. I don't think it's an addiction so much as I like it. The idea of that doesn't bother me at all, unless it got to the point where I was having health issues, but I don't have any history of health issues from alcohol in my family (despite how much my family consumes). I just have to worry about heart problems, diabetes, obesity.....

Oh, and my hormones have made me a bit obsessed with males. Familiar males, but males nonetheless.

I was addicted to nicotine for most of my teenage/adolescent years, I find addiction terrible because of the fact that you can't function without it. Being addicted to anything, in my mind, tends to make you a weaker 'person' because your allowing yourself to be controlled by something that isn't needed/is overabundant
Completely agreed.

I piss me off extra because one of my major principles is self-reliance. It makes me feel weaker because I'm using something as a crutch or letting a chemical control me.