A Walk in the Woods Personality Test

Switchgirl

ON and OFF mode
Nov 8, 2013
MBTI
INFp-Fe
Enneagram
9w1 sx/sp
Answer the questions before looking at the results.

As soon as you read a question, write the answer right away. Read the following questions, imagining the scenes in your mind, and write down the FIRST thing that you visualize. Do NOT think about the questions excessively.

1. You are walking in the woods. Who are you walking with?

2. You are walking in the woods. You see an animal. What kind of animal is it?

3. What interaction takes place between you and the animal?

4. You walk deeper in the woods. You enter a clearing and before you is your Dream House. Describe its size.

5. Is your dream house surrounded by a fence?

6. You enter the house. You walk to the dining area and see the dining table. Describe what you see on AND around the table.

7. You exit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What material is the cup made of?

8. What do you do with the cup?

9. You walk to the edge of the property, where you find yourself standing at the edge of a body of water. What type of body of water is is it?

10. How will you cross the water?

Results:

This has been a relational psychology test. The answers given to the questions have been shown to have a relevance to values and ideals that we hold in our personal lives. The analysis follows:

1. The person who you are walking with is the most important person in your life.

2. The size of the animal is representative of your perception of the size of your problems.

3. The severity of the interaction you have with the animal is representative of how you deal with your problems. (passive/aggressive)

4. The size of your dream house is representative of the size of your ambition to resolve your problems.

5. No fence is indicative of an open personality. People are welcome at all times. The presence of a fence indicates a closed personality. You'd prefer people not to drop by unannounced.

6. If your answer did not include food, people, or flowers, then you are generally unhappy.

7. The durability of the material with which the cup is made of is representative of the perceived durability of your relationship with the person named in number 1. For example, styrafoam, plastic, and paper are all disposable, styrofoam, paper and glass are not durable, and metal and plastic are durable.

8. Your disposition of the cup is representative of your attitude towards the person in number 1.

9. The size of the body of water is representative of the size of your desire for love.

10. How wet you get in crossing the water is indicative of the relative importance of your love life.

My Boyfriend

A lion

The lion growls at me

4. You walk deeper in the woods. You enter a clearing and before you is your Dream House. Describe its size.

It is a medium sized home

No fence

6. You enter the house. You walk to the dining area and see the dining table. Describe what you see on AND around the table.

Nothing around it

7. You exit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What material is the cup made of?

Styrofoam

Hold the cup

9. You walk to the edge of the property, where you find yourself standing at the edge of a body of water. What type of body of water is is it?

Lake

A bridge

Walking alone.

Tiger

We quietly walk side by side, both looking ahead, with no interaction.

Medium sized brownstone, brick, triangular roof, house in the country, cozy, with narrow yard on either side.

No, it's an open area.

You see one meal set on a table, with one person sitting in one seat eat from a bowl of soup slowly, and quietly.

Ceramic cup, like a regular tea cup.

Pick it up, look at it, then put it back on the grass and then move on.

a swamp or large pond, quiet and unbothered, with a few algae on the surface. It seems untouched.

I'd build a scenic bridge with a canopy. You would be able to take strolls across the bridge and look over the edge at the calm waters below.

Alone
Honey badger
It looks at me and walks off
About 2 or 3 stories 40 feet wide or so
No fence
Food like thanksgiving stuff
Metal
Pick it up and carry it
Large creek or small river
I walk through it, sometimes its knee high

'someone'/white rabbit

white rabbit

nothing, eye contact.

medium-large. an old Victorian house with garden and fence

yes

table is almost blank, room is dusty. chandeliers along the walls, and in the ceiling. some decors along the walls.

Porcelain, broken

Look at it, pick it up.

still water, a pond

I won't; exit the fence and walk around.

I like how I put up a fence before it was even a question.

As soon as you read a question, write the answer right away. Read the following questions, imagining the scenes in your mind, and write down the FIRST thing that you visualize. Do NOT think about the questions excessively.

Results:

This has been a relational psychology test. The answers given to the questions have been shown to have a relevance to values and ideals that we hold in our personal lives. The analysis follows:

1. The person who you are walking with is the most important person in your life.

2. The size of the animal is representative of your perception of the size of your problems.

3. The severity of the interaction you have with the animal is representative of how you deal with your problems. (passive/aggressive)

4. The size of your dream house is representative of the size of your ambition to resolve your problems.

5. No fence is indicative of an open personality. People are welcome at all times. The presence of a fence indicates a closed personality. You'd prefer people not to drop by unannounced.

6. If your answer did not include food, people, or flowers, then you are generally unhappy.

7. The durability of the material with which the cup is made of is representative of the perceived durability of your relationship with the person named in number 1. For example, styrafoam, plastic, and paper are all disposable, styrofoam, paper and glass are not durable, and metal and plastic are durable.

8. Your disposition of the cup is representative of your attitude towards the person in number 1.

9. The size of the body of water is representative of the size of your desire for love.

10. How wet you get in crossing the water is indicative of the relative importance of your love life.

1. S.O.
2. FOX
3. A LOOK
4. Exactly the right size.
5. No, no fence.
6. It's a 4man table (that can be extended) Ain't nothin on the table.
7. glass.
8. put it to the side to put away later.
9. lake.
10.swim.

After reading the meaning....
1. Awesome.... I don;t have an SO.... But I figured, If there was someone this sounded like an awesome trip with, it would be my future S.O... :/
2. Thought this was supposed to be a pleasant experience x) That's why I said a fox and not a 10story tall tiger.
3. As someone who battles his problems head on. The fact that I only exchanged a look with a cute animal and let it be does not mean I do the same with my problems.
4. I ain't materialistic.... How did that relate to my desire to solve my problems?
5. It's in the woods... How will people even find my place?
6. true.
7. A cup is always glass innit? no1 uses china these days. Everyone puts their tea in mugs or if they dont use a mug in one of those thick glass ikea tea cups that don't break no matter how often you drop them.
8. Lol.
9. Common, who wouldn't have said a lake? *sure i'm worried about the mosquitoes but hell.*
10. If you got a lake in your back yard, the weathers good. there aint no creepy things living in there. hell, you're gonna skinny dip. besides, didn't you own the forest? or just the area where your house stood?

my lover

a deer

we stare at each other

windowed walls mostly open to the breeze, and wooden plank floor, cedar roof

no

flowers, bowls of chili, cushions around the table and it is low to the floor. There are calm lovely people eating and smiling.

hand thrown potters clay

fill it with coffee and honey

a large clear pond that reflects a blue sky with orange and white clouds

swim

So this cup of mine was metal. Smooth outer area, mostly round like a circle with no stem. Kind of gold but leaning toward a polished brass color. Carved where the internal carved part is darker like a cast very dark bronze. Thought it was interesting that there was so much detail to it for something I thought up on the fly...

Alone.

Bear.

Bear roars to me.

It's a small yellow wooden house.

No.

White dining table. Light brown wooden floor. Old painting on the wall. And window front of the table. Also some candles on the table.

Porcelain.

Nothing, just hold it in my hand and look at it.

Clean and blue lake. Very fresh.

Walking, without shoes.

my mom

squirrel

we look at each other

small

yes

flowers, candles and chairs

tin

pick it up

stream

stones

Reactions: apemon

My canine companion.

Squirrel.

Observation.

Small two room cabin with loft.

No.

Lamp and flowers on table. Table and chairs on a rug.

Ceramic.

Pick it up and fill it with coffee of course. :wink:

Creek.

Step across on stones.

:)

Hahahaha

Dudley the Dragon

a fox

comes up and sniffs my hand, then starts walking bipedally and talking like a human and joins our party

it's filled with bags of money and has no walls but is invisible from the outside

fence? hell no

covered in more bags of money

solid gold

I drink water out of the cup

fast flowing river

Dudley the Dragon helps me across

Reactions: Switchgirl
At first I thought this test would be a little hokey, but in reading the results, I think it is oddly telling. Here were my answers:

1. My wife
2. A horse
3. Watch each other passively
4. Deceptively large. Seems small on the outside, but with many many rooms and passages inside.
5. No, there is no fence.
6. Many chairs; an elegant centerpiece of crystal and live, not cut, plants.
7. Glazed clay or porcelain.
8. I drink from it whatever it contains.
9. A small, still pond.
10. I will not try to cross it, or if I must, I will walk around it.

Alone
A lion
We glare at each other
Not so big, with garden and a good view to the sea, or mountains
Yes
My parents
Porcelan
Put water inside of it, drink from it, relaxed
Sea
I swim trough it

Reaction
1. True! Dedicated to improvement! In a better world all strive to be better, can't love others if you can't love yourself.
2. Interesting
3. I do respect my problems, due to the fact that they hang on my mind for some reason, I am not that passive about them though.
4. Could u call that description "big"?
5. GTFO of my property!
6. I guess I am happy, right?
7. So ... I have a good relationship with myself. I do talk to myself a lot, I guess I am that awesome to keep a good relationship with myself.
8. Does that mean that I am for myself a good natural and energising refreshment?
9. Wow! That is messed up.
10. Don't know how to interpret.

PS: Sometimes I get like 5 answers at once on a single question, does that mean that I am totally KooKoo!

Last edited:

1. You are walking in the woods. Who are you walking with? God

2. You are walking in the woods. You see an animal. What kind of animal is it? White whitetail deer

3. What interaction takes place between you and the animal? Feel spiritual because I was thinking of my Mother's passing

4. You walk deeper in the woods. You enter a clearing and before you is your Dream House. Describe its size. Sufficient to keep my taxes reasonable and valuables, family, and pets adequately.

5. Is your dream house surrounded by a fence? Yes, as I keep a dog

6. You enter the house. You walk to the dining area and see the dining table. Describe what you see on AND around the table. My family and food as we used to have it on Sundays next door

7. You exit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What material is the cup made of? A thermal cup of hard plastic with a Blue Marlin on it

8. What do you do with the cup? Take it back inside, clean it, and fill it with ice and tea

9. You walk to the edge of the property, where you find yourself standing at the edge of a body of water. What type of body of water is is it? A running small river filled with edible fish and drinkable water

10. How will you cross the water? In one of my small boats, if I even feel the need to cross it. I found myself in a place I hunt and fish, and my dream home would be on high ground near there

Results:

c

Simon Elliot

A bat.

The bat attacks Mm. Elliot paralyzing him in fear as it gnaws on his throat. I convince to the the bat that it is day (though it is night) and since it is nocturnal it flies away.

A humongous medieval castle.

Yes, ten feet tall with spikes and the heads of intruders on them and a moat.

The table is covered with books by self published authors.

It is a conical paper cup.

I take a magnifying glass to it and concentrate the moons rays until it burns.

It is the Arctic Ocean.

I sit down to wait for it to freeze but it never does.

Reactions: acd
My dog

A red-tailed hawk

It flies down the trail in the direction I am walking

Medium sized modern farmhouse with a a long porch on one side

No, just an arbor along one side

A stack of used books and Pothos clippings taking root in a short glass vase

Earthenware, chipped at three points along the lip

Handle it and place it on the porch railing

A small pond with a thin stream gurgling in at the far edge

I walk along the shore to the opposite side

Alone, or with my so.

A black Jaguar

We knowingly gaze at one another, sizing each other up. A mutual nod of respect before the Jaguar confidently saunters past, leaving me awestruck.

Modest in size, but not small, large windows to take in the scenic surroundings.

Only the vegetable garden is fenced.

Fresh cut wildflowers in my stained-glass hurricane vase at the center of the table. A pot of hot tea waiting to be served. A stone bowl of colorful fruits.

Ceramic

Take it back to the kitchen, clean it up, and pour some tea into it.

A beautiful crystal clear fresh water lake.

Wade in and start swimming.

No one. (My best friend did come to mind though.. I walk alone in the woods often, but my friend joins me on those walks occasionally)

Hare/Small mammal.

None. The Animal flee's.

Medium.. Not Large, not Small.

No.

A book or two. Chairs around the table, furniture and more books further away up the walls.

Metal.

Inspect it, put it to the side.. Dispose of/reuse later.

Lake.

Walk around it, might get my ankles wet.

Hmm, If I had to interpret the test.. I'd say that I neglect myself a lot, and in most ways.
"Walk around it, might get my ankles wet", HA! accurate description of my love life.

Last edited:
My Husband.

A squirrel.

Stare at each other down trying to determine if the other poses a threat. Proceed with caution.

A beautiful cottage with a lot of land. The cottage is big but not extravagant. More land than cottage.

Yes but nothing too fancy. It is in the middle of the woods so it would be more to keep out bears (and big foot). Okay, an electric fence.

My rustic dining room table would look very simple yet elegant with small bunches of wildflowers, wooden bowls with fruit and bread, plates and utensils carved out of wood. My two little ones chasing each other around the table while my husband yells because he's afraid they will knock something over. My mom jumps in to play and tries to coax them away from the table and out the door to play in the fresh air where they can run free.

Beautiful carved wood.

Pick it up and examine it's beauty. I love cups crafted from wood.

A big lake.

Probably a row boat. If one wasn't available I would begin to gather sturdy pieces of wood and anything else in the forest that would aid in helping me build one on my own.