A question for religious folks | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

A question for religious folks

'God' is just a word and people have different concepts that come to mind when you say the word. I grew up with a certain concept being raised Roman Catholic. I never really paid much attention to the God of the old testament, to me it was all about Jesus' message. I believe that the actual specific concepts of what God is are human creations, but I believe that there is something out there that we don't understand but that created this world in some way as I have a difficult time to believe that such a complex world can happen by pure chance. I think I'm leaning towards Pantheism.
Yep ok. So it makes a difference to me then which god you prove exists. :)
And my answer would change in accordance to that.

I'm rock solid Christian and very spiritual. Reading about modern cults bothers me, so I do not read about them.

I believe there are many things we human beings cannot grasp. We tell our children about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny; and share trig and calculus with them as they grow older. They learn to utter sounds and ask for what they need, cry when they want or need it badly enough; then teach them large vocabulary words some of them will forget and never have use for. We prepare them for the life ahead of them when we will not be around one day for them, only to watch some of them fulfill their potentials while others would rather just get by. We share with them our life lessons we have learned, but they seem to want to experience this and learn on their own so many times.

How much more would our Father in Heaven have us to understand, when we act as though it means nothing to us. Many grasp only rules showing them how not to live, and few meet their true potential of understanding enough to seek new things. How long have we understood DNA? Diseases? PET scans used on the brain?

Our current world is filled with genocide, destruction, hatred, murder, robbery, rape, and such that we must focus on how to try and stop it. Can we ever stop it? The heart of man is hardened, and heaps upon his own lust the desires of his heart. There are those better than this, and some of them understand how we should live and do so. Some of us.

In Job 42:1-6, I learned a valuable lesson.
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

42:1-6 Job was now sensible of his guilt; he would no longer speak in his own excuse; he abhorred himself as a sinner in heart and life, especially for murmuring against God, and took shame to himself. When the understanding is enlightened by the Spirit of grace, our knowledge of Divine things as far exceeds what we had before, as the sight of the eyes excels report and common fame. By the teachings of men, God reveals his Son to us; but by the teachings of his Spirit he reveals his Son in us, Ga 1:16, and changes us into the same image, 2Co 3:18. It concerns us to be deeply humbled for the sins of which we are convinced. Self-loathing is ever the companion of true repentance. The Lord will bring those whom he loveth, to adore him in self-abasement; while true grace will always lead them to confess their sins without self-justifying.

Do I walk in self-abasement? No more than anyone walks in sin. When I understand what is inside me, I can no longer hate myself. If God chooses to create other worlds, that is His choice. If He chooses to reveal things far too lofty for my own understanding, I shall not falter. A true revelation is coming, and I shall behold it either in my death or in my life. We should prepare for His coming.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Psalms 139:6

Last edited:
I'm rock solid Christian and very spiritual. Reading about modern cults bothers me, so I do not read about them.

I believe there are many things we human beings cannot grasp. We tell our children about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny; and share trig and calculus with them as they grow older. They learn to utter sounds and ask for what they need, cry when they want or need it badly enough; then teach them large vocabulary words some of them will forget and never have use for. We prepare them for the life ahead of them when we will not be around one day for them, only to watch some of them fulfill their potentials while others would rather just get by. We share with them our life lessons we have learned, but they seem to want to experience this and learn on their own so many times.

How much more would our Father in Heaven have us to understand, when we act as though it means nothing to us. Many grasp only rules showing them how not to live, and few meet their true potential of understanding enough to seek new things. How long have we understood DNA? Diseases? PET scans used on the brain?

Our current world is filled with genocide, destruction, hatred, murder, robbery, rape, and such that we must focus on how to try and stop it. Can we ever stop it? The heart of man is hardened, and heaps upon his own lust the desires of his heart. There are those better than this, and some of them understand how we should live and do so. Some of us.

In Job 42:1-6, I learned a valuable lesson.
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

42:1-6 Job was now sensible of his guilt; he would no longer speak in his own excuse; he abhorred himself as a sinner in heart and life, especially for murmuring against God, and took shame to himself. When the understanding is enlightened by the Spirit of grace, our knowledge of Divine things as far exceeds what we had before, as the sight of the eyes excels report and common fame. By the teachings of men, God reveals his Son to us; but by the teachings of his Spirit he reveals his Son in us, Ga 1:16, and changes us into the same image, 2Co 3:18. It concerns us to be deeply humbled for the sins of which we are convinced. Self-loathing is ever the companion of true repentance. The Lord will bring those whom he loveth, to adore him in self-abasement; while true grace will always lead them to confess their sins without self-justifying.

Do I walk in self-abasement? No more than anyone walks in sin. When I understand what is inside me, I can no longer hate myself. If God chooses to create other worlds, that is His choice. If He chooses to reveal things far too lofty for my own understanding, I shall not falter. A true revelation is coming, and I shall behold it either in my death or in my life. We should prepare for His coming.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Psalms 139:6
How is this relevant to the question,?

You figure that out for yourself, please.

I don´t think that their existence would be a problem for my religious beliefs but their ideas and concepts could be. Though I believe that human brain and I guess alien brain also is made primarily for survival and not for total understanding of god or everything around us. God is ultimate mystery to me, somebody who cannot be truly grasp by thinking or feeling.

even though I believe that aliens are demons, still it won't change my relation with God a bit if they come forward and show themselves.

even though I believe that aliens are demons, still it won't change my relation with God a bit if they come forward and show themselves.

purple-question-mark-clip-art-yTkeBkkLc.png

If they're able to live amongst themselves w/o killing each other and obliterating environments/planets with high technology that got them here, then I wonder what that would make us. I'm not saying we're inferior, but the moral high ground and all that.

Last edited:
They were always here, just invisible, and technology are not connected to who's superior in my opinion.

Were I an alien... I do not think I would want to step foot on this planet. I would send instead someone I did not like. Hell, people kill people over things that take place only in the mind. I doubt earth would be anything close to a productive environment for them. Our leaders only embracing them long enough to obtain everything that can benefit them. Once that river ran out it would be, "what you haven't left yet?"

We humans like to think we are worthy of conversing with a species capable of interstellar travel. HoHow sad for us the day we realize we simply aren't.

They were always here, just invisible, and technology are not connected to who's superior in my opinion.

Always is a long time. However, it shows that they have a society that is capable of not self destructing, and neither do they use their technology to go on killing sprees with us, as we do with our advanced technology. The only societies that make beyond a certain point are the ones who are able to stay their hand with their fellows and neighbors. We will realize that at some point, or not and suffer the consequences of ourselves. There's some preachy Jesus stuff there.

My view of God would not change. He is the creator of all things. I don't see him as an image of mankind, I see him as a force of energy. In my own personal experience, I see everything in terms of positive and negative energy. I am a Methodist-Christian, and we are taught to focus our time on the New Testament. I see alien beings as God's creation. God is so much more than what can be encapsulated in a book.

... and on an entirely different note I vow to hear Stephen Hawking's voice narrating [MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION]'s posts from now on. :D

Reactions: just me
My view of God would not change. He is the creator of all things. I don't see him as an image of mankind, I see him as a force of energy. In my own personal experience, I see everything in terms of positive and negative energy. I am a Methodist-Christian, and we are taught to focus our time on the New Testament. I see alien beings as God's creation. God is so much more than what can be encapsulated in a book.

... and on an entirely different note I vow to hear Stephen Hawking's voice narrating @muir 's posts from now on. :D

***mechanical voice***....''all we have to do is keep talking, talking, talking''

Being that my belief is that God is a creator, it would just make me think that He never stopped creating. Wouldn't change my belief system.