A perfect human being | INFJ Forum

A perfect human being

Kmal

Jan 21, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8 sx/sp
What would a perfect human being look like? That said, let's look at the perfect part- "3. exactly fitting the need in a certain situation or for a certain purpose" "verb (used with object) 18. to bring to completion; finish."
A perfect being is someone who is whole? Complete? Satisfied? Fitting the needs for a certain situation?
Do you believe there is a perfect human being? Or was? I think of an age old drama- death for love, like Jesus dieing on the cross, or someone rescuing someone from in front of a car and dieing instead, or jumping in front of a bullet for someone. Are they so whole that they can do that? So satisfied that they can do those sort of acts? Is that perfection?

In regards to #3, dont you fit exactly what you need to be you? Is there any more of a perfect you than you?

Reactions: Quiet
I guess it depends what they're supposed to be perfect for. Perfect for humanity in general? (I admit, all I keep thinking about "the Fifth Element".)

Reactions: Kgal
[MENTION=5824]porcelinapunk[/MENTION] Perfect for progress? What else could we be perfect for?

Perfect for loving. For photographing. For travelling to foreign lands. For running a country--lots of different scenarios that, in my mind at this moment, would ask for a lot of different skill sets/personalities. It was actually your definition of perfect that got me thinking that way (what is the "certain situation" that perfect refers to?).

But progress. Hmm. That does make it an interesting question... one I will ponder overnight. :eek:)

This reminds me of my art and culture class at university. The Greek statues were the epitome of the "perfect body" that sculptors worked hard to achieve in making. The ironic thing was that the bodies were so perfect that they were abnormal because they were not natural. Perfection itself is a flaw because nothing can be perfect.

Last edited:
This reminds me of my art and culture class at university. The Greek statues were the epitome of the "perfect body" that sculptors worked hard to achieve in making. The ironic thing was that the bodies were so perfect that they were abnormal because they were not natural. Perfection itself is a flaw because nothing can be perfect.
so nature is perfect? What about the nature of existence? If nature, or natural process is perfect, can imperfection come from it?

Natalie Portman's character in Garden State. That's basically it.

No such thing.

No such thing.
It was perfect how we got to right now. If anything changed in the past, we wouldnt be where we are right now. Another example is you are literally perfect for your job to exist. Is that your job? You're perfect to be you, or simply to exist. What more is there?
Now we get into the variations of perfection. Are you without flaw? One would say no, but do the flaws allow you to be you?

It was perfect how we got to right now. If anything changed in the past, we wouldnt be where we are right now. Another example is you are literally perfect for your job to exist. Is that your job? You're perfect to be you, or simply to exist. What more is there?
Now we get into the variations of perfection. Are you without flaw? One would say no, but do the flaws allow you to be you?

(Short Intro: Hey INFJs, first post here, me being INTP, no Native speaker, so don't be mean^^)

Why do you know that there have been no changes in the past? I'm definitley not perfect for my job and I'm sure that I'm not perfect in being myself. There is much more, your worldview seems narrow.
Variations of perfection? There are infinite! For every beholder there are many definitions of perfection...

The last question is interessting, but once again, in some definitions it would be like you said, but I can also just say NO, because that would be more accurate.

Last edited:
I think most people are perfectly willing to turn flesh and blood into their anima, or animus in hopes for eternal bliss. The problem is, those icons are only in our heads; too, the form of those icons are maleable, and ever changing, often based on a collective, not ONE. We are all perfect products, but perfect products in the course of chaos.

(Short Intro: Hey INFJs, first post here, me being INTP, no Native speaker, so don't be mean^^)

Why do you know that there have been no changes in the past? I'm definitley not perfect for my job and I'm sure that I'm not perfect in being myself. There is much more, your worldview seems narrow.
Variations of perfection? There are infinite! For every beholder there are many definitions of perfection...

The last question is interessting, but once again, in some definitions it would be like you said, but I can also just say NO, because that would be more accurate.

To clarify: the past has perfectly led up to this moment. If anything would have changed, we would be in a different present. The past is perfect to reach the present, the present is perfectly here and the future will perfectly come. If the point of life is to exist, you're perfect. If its anything else, degrading or otherwise, that's fluff and maybe overcomplication. I appreciate your devils advocate position.

Reactions: Quiet
So basically they do whatever I want AND need? Those are big shoes to fill.

So basically they do whatever I want AND need? Those are big shoes to fill.

that's what you call perfection? That's a disapointing world to live in and I wouldn't want someone to be disapointed. On that same token, if you're wanting someone to fulfill your wants and needs they will. Sometimes we don't give people the ok to satisfy us. Sometimes they won't, but then we realize the satisfaction comes from within.

Last edited:
To clarify: the past has perfectly led up to this moment. If anything would have changed, we would be in a different present. The past is perfect to reach the present, the present is perfectly here and the future will perfectly come. If the point of life is to exist, you're perfect. If its anything else, degrading or otherwise, that's fluff and maybe overcomplication. I appreciate your devils advocate position.

I can't really disagree with that, but this is more a believe than anything else IMO. (Just because something happens it isn't perfect...) And once again: Judging something and saying 'it's perfect' is in the eye of the beholder. Or is there a universal rule for perfection. (If you now think, that I don't understand it again, read the first sentence)
But if I go with your believe: Everything is perfect because it happens or exists... then everything is in fact perfect, which makes the whole question 'What would a perfect human being look like?' nonsensical.
I hope you haven't been insulted by the sentence: your worldview seems narrow. (if I would have wanted to be mean, I would have written IS instead of SEEMS)
Oh I haven't realized that I was put on the devil's side, but I appreciate it and hope I could help.^^

I think most people are perfectly willing to turn flesh and blood into their anima, or animus in hopes for eternal bliss. The problem is, those icons are only in our heads; too, the form of those icons are maleable, and ever changing, often based on a collective, not ONE. We are all perfect products, but perfect products in the course of chaos.
[MENTION=5090]Apone[/MENTION] said it beautifully
Zen Buddhism involves questioning/challenging/destroying pretty much every conclusion that you could ever possibly come to about anything, including Zen itself... in order to maintain the purity of the creative spirit and make sure it's not contaminated/disrupted by the whole 'let's give it an identity' process.
And yes, the icons are maleable and changing based on a collective- singular collective, one collective, not many 'collectives.' How can imperfection spawn perfection?

As much as perfect has many different manifestations IRL and their ever changing situations, needs/wants, and characters; I think looking from a different perspective changes the requirements for the word 'perfect'.

From 'origin' standpoint, perfect would be natural. Who we are.
while from 'destination' standpoint, perfect would be polished. The best we can be.

Hmm. Actually, can we merge both?

Reactions: Kmal
I'm struggling to reply to these statements.

There is just so much error here.

Last edited:
I can't really disagree with that, but this is more a believe than anything else IMO. (Just because something happens it isn't perfect...) And once again: Judging something and saying 'it's perfect' is in the eye of the beholder. Or is there a universal rule for perfection. (If you now think, that I don't understand it again, read the first sentence)
Oh I haven't realized that I was put on the devil's side, but I appreciate it and hope I could help.^^
I like your devil joke. You know what else is a belief? That my belief is a belief. Remember the perspective: it's not just because something happened that made it perfect, it's that it was perfect for leading us to this moment. Now, I cant speak for anyone but myself, so dont think I'm speaking for the universe, but I see perfection everywhere. Any imperfection I see makes up the perfection, making the flaws themselves perfect. A friend of mine thinks the point of life is to grow spiritually. If that is the case, the world is perfect for the challenges and corruption that can lead to growth. You said there is so much more to life than existing, which I'd call the base of life, so what is the highest point of life?

There is just so much error here.
No need to fret over validity, I'm not going to force you to believe my delusions. These are just some talking points to let out my frivolous thoughts. We dont want me running around with this stuff still in my head, I might hurt someone.

Last edited: