NeverAmI

Satisclassifaction
Retired Staff
Sep 22, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
So, this is a scenario I run through my head every so often to seriously ponder who I "could be."

Have you ever befriended a VERY popular person, perhaps that is new to your school or job and hasn't created a circle of friends yet? This has happened to me before. For whatever reason, that person gravitated towards me and we quickly linked. I find out some very interesting details about who that person is. However, over time that person grows a new HUGE circle of friends and their extroverted nature is something COMPLETELY different from who I knew when I met them. We grow apart. Eventually I am left standing alone, in the cold, while I watch my old friend and a large group of people laugh and go off, out of my view.

I take this scenario, and I apply it to myself. What if there was a clone of myself? Except, this clone had an extroverted nature. I think about watching that same scenario unfold, except that the person I know is myself! I see myself living a life with a nonchalant state of mind and being one of the most popular people around. They have integrity, they are sincere, they are funny, but I don't have any interest in being part of their life because I couldn't possibly keep up with the rate of extroversion they exude. That person looks exactly the same as I do, they have the same medical and genetic properties, just a slightly different personality.

Have you ever thought about this?

I've thought about having clones, but mostly so I could put them to work fulfilling all my paths left untried.

Actually, I have an ENFJ friend that reacts eerily like me, except for a few key differences. And I understand exactly what you're talking about.

That "clone" would probably spend his time wishing he was more thoughtful and didn't always speak before he thought about what he meant to say. He might also wonder whether people like him for who he is or just for the public image he is able to exude.

Reactions: NeverAmI
That "clone" would probably spend his time wishing he was more thoughtful and didn't always speak before he thought about what he meant to say. He might also wonder whether people like him for who he is or just for the public image he is able to exude.

Ahhh, very insightful. Great post!

yes... I have one actually...we have been best friends for about 16 years...She is ENFJ, so it makes sense she is my clone...we really can read eachothers mind, and she accepts my introvertedness, as I accept her extrovertedness...We are two parts of a whole, She is the only real reason I have any friends aside from her.

I wish I knew my clone or someone who was very similar to me...but so far I only met a complete opposite....

This is going to sound a bit weird but sometimes I imagine that another being splits from me but as a female and we start to talk to each other about "things" and then when I'm bored with "her" I tell her to come back to me.

This is going to sound a bit weird but sometimes I imagine that another being splits from me but as a female and we start to talk to each other about "things" and then when I'm bored with "her" I tell her to come back to me.

That is so cool! I have never thought about anything like that.

If I had a clone... I would certainly kill it. It might be some profound notion of crucifying the ego! :D

I have never thought of having a clone of myself, no. But that would be AWEsome. Especially if my clone was extraverted.

It would be fun to watch myself as an extrovert while being an objective oberver.

yes... I have one actually...we have been best friends for about 16 years...She is ENFJ, so it makes sense she is my clone...we really can read eachothers mind, and she accepts my introvertedness, as I accept her extrovertedness...We are two parts of a whole, She is the only real reason I have any friends aside from her.

Not true, you have friends here.

And I am raising two clones right now. I call them "mini-me"! Seriously, besides looking exactly like me, my oldest son Connor acts a lot like I did at his age. He doesn't read as many books, but I think he is probably an INFJ too.

The scenerio you presented has not ever crossed my mind. I've never wanted to make myself into an "E". Just an occasional visit is fine with me.