9/11 - I'm not convinced... | INFJ Forum

9/11 - I'm not convinced...

Lerxst

Jul 3, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
On this day I'm seeings post after post after news article after media mention of the September 11th attacks, so I'm creating this thread on here where people can agree or argue the case with me all they like. My family members would probably disown me if I posted this on a site like Facebook.

I

Bin Laden planned 9-11, Al Quaeda carried it out, the twin towers burned and collapsed, a plane crashed into the Pentagon (I was there and I saw it), a plane that was prevented from crashing into the White House instead crashed in Shanksville PA because of the heroism of its passengers, and almost 3,000 people were murdered. These are facts. The blame for 9-11 is not on Bush, the US, or the millions of innocents directly affected by this nightmare. Rather, blame the monsters who planned and carried it out, many of whom are, thankfully, dead.

Reactions: Stu and whytiger
Building 7 still makes no damn sense to me. I can close my eyes to all the conspiracy theories surrounding everything else and accept that it was simply the result of careful planning and incompetency on our government's part, but building 7 does not have any convincing explanation that I've researched thus far.

To be honest, I don't care what led to the situation.

All I know is that the image of those falling buildings is terrifying- and the thought of living people being trapped inside as their entire worlds fell to pieces is even more so.

I mourn for their loss. I don't care what caused it.

Reactions: Edith
I'm not convinced of Bush's innocence in the matter or impressed with his leadership either. However Al Quaeda, the Taliban, Bin Laden, etc. are threats that should be eliminated as well. I would feel better about cutting the head off the dragon but if I have to remove the scales one by one then so be it.

Reactions: Stu
Think of all the security measures that were put into place AFTER the terrorist attacks. Think of all the money spent in areas of Homeland Security and just remember before that attack, the budget for these areas did not include increased security. The government will grant and allocate money where it is needed, not just on "chance." It's unfortunate our system is so residual. Hypothetically, it's no different than seeing that the government will have to do something for my generation after Social Security is burned up ... and that's just it, they will wait.

Experiments rely on funding for "chance". How would the government know how to improve security without something horrible happening that makes them understand the loopholes in our security? If they attempt to make this country "airtight", most will complain of infringements on their rights. Precedence has not been established. However, after 9/11 the majority of the public understands that they have to give up some freedoms in order to be protected.

I think for so long we have lived in a state of bliss, only experiencing terrorism on a very very small scale (and normally away from our homeland). http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001454.html

Last edited:
I believe that the Bush administration planned for and allowed the lives involved in 9/11 to be sacrificed as a way to manipulate the rest of the nation into a war mindstate.

A nation full of people with sympathy for one another and full of anger and confusion about a seemingly inexplicable event is incredibly easy to control.

I believe that the Bush administration planned for and allowed the lives involved in 9/11 to be sacrificed as a way to manipulate the rest of the nation into a war mindstate.

A nation full of people with sympathy for one another and full of anger and confusion about a seemingly inexplicable event is incredibly easy to control.

Yep, this is how I see it.

I wonder if someday we will come to realize that we are all connected. . . Christian and Islamic. . Jew and Iranian. . American and Iraqi. . will we ever realize that we share the planet. .we must find a way to live here is peace. .
we need each other. . .we need to care about each other. . how about instead of launchin a military campaign we went to the middle east and set up water systems. . tried to take care of our brother and sister . . tried to love instead of creating more reasons to hate. . .what if we gave peace a chance. . it must begin somewhere. .

I wonder if someday we will come to realize that we are all connected. . . Christian and Islamic. . Jew and Iranian. . American and Iraqi. . will we ever realize that we share the planet. .we must find a way to live here is peace. .
we need each other. . .we need to care about each other. . how about instead of launchin a military campaign we went to the middle east and set up water systems. . tried to take care of our brother and sister . . tried to love instead of creating more reasons to hate. . .what if we gave peace a chance. . it must begin somewhere. .

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” –Martin Luther King, Jr.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Bin Laden planned 9-11, Al Quaeda carried it out, the twin towers burned and collapsed, a plane crashed into the Pentagon (I was there and I saw it), a plane that was prevented from crashing into the White House instead crashed in Shanksville PA because of the heroism of its passengers, and almost 3,000 people were murdered. These are facts. The blame for 9-11 is not on Bush, the US, or the millions of innocents directly affected by this nightmare. Rather, blame the monsters who planned and carried it out, many of whom are, thankfully, dead.

Norton! I'm glad you are back.

It is kinda hard to accept that this was probably just an elaborate false flag operation, but it wouldn't be the first time we've done such a thing.

Also... seriously... what is up with that demolition of the other building? 9-11 commission seemed pretty weak.

It just doesn't feel right.

Spend 20 minutes digging into the evidence, and it's pretty hard to believe the official story.

Here's the film mentioned in the OP.
[video=youtube;7E3oIbO0AWE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E3oIbO0AWE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Actually, there are a lot of documentaries out there refuting the "official story" of 9/11. I am not so quick to dismiss alternative views of the events. Here's another documentary in addition to the one [MENTION=963]myself[/MENTION] posted. I don't like to believe that all governments are out to manipulate and control and do evil but I also don't like to believe that just because the government says something, that it's automatically true.

[video=youtube;sMv3UPnKwt0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMv3UPnKwt0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Actually, there are a lot of documentaries out there refuting the "official story" of 9/11. I am not so quick to dismiss alternative views of the events...
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
As a group, legitimate journalists may be the most aggressive, obnoxious, hard-working, ambitious people in the world. A journalist who could prove "that the Bush administration planned for and allowed the lives involved in 9/11 to be sacrificed as a way to manipulate the rest of the nation into a war mindstate" would become famous, rich, and set for life. It would be a greater coup than the Watergate investigation of Woodward and Bernstein. In this day and age, no conspiracy can ever long survive the scrutiny to which history-changing events such as 9-11 are subjected. This is where conspiracies are doomed to failure, as tempting and exciting as "alternative views of events" may be. Critical thinking, which includes evaluating information and data sources, is becoming a lost art (tea-baggers, birthers, etc. have particularly lost it). Fiction is fiction and facts are facts, and it's important to know the difference.
[/FONT]

Reactions: Sriracha and Edith
I must have forgot how to differentiate.

And, this belief is based on what credible evidence?

For me the kicker was, as [MENTION=251]Wyote[/MENTION] said, the building 7 thing.

And I mean the Bush administration performed so badly in general during their whole campaign. Planning and staging an attack on your own country and war would be a great way to generate gdp, not too hard to come up with. And after the event they stirred up so much emotion and demonized the "muslim al quaeda" to death. Just so much manipulation and propaganda involved in their whole attitude towards things.

I don't know what to believe. I'd much rather it was a terrorist attack. The idea that a government sees its people as that dispensable is unspeakably inhumane. I realize this is no different from the multitude of wars and conflicts that have been fought and continue to be staged globally in the name of peace, prosperity, power, and what have you not, but it seems to highlight the greed and corruption within our global and national systems that much more.

The idea that people could be (are) that corrupt, baseless, and greedy is sickening.