8w9 vs 9w8 | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

8w9 vs 9w8

Mostly, the 6w5s tend to be more introverted and more interested in "deep thoughts" and mechanical things (the whys and wherefores, and so forth). 6w7s tend to be more extroverted, and they're less concerned with why and they tend to have more impulsive behaviors. The 7-wing is more extroverted for the most part than the 5-wing. The core E6 will balance them. E6 tends to balance the introspection and the w7 tends to make the E6 more extroverted.

In people terms, a 6w7 is more like Sally Field and 6w5 is more like Michelle Pfeiffer. The ultimate Cp6w7 was Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman (when she was Catwoman). Woody Allen is a phobic six (probably 6w7) and Spike Lee is a counterphobic six (probably 6w5). Marilyn Monroe was a phobic 6, not sure what her wing may have been, though. She was a lot more intelligent in real life than her movies portray.

Mel Gibson is a counterphobic 6w5 as well. On the downside, but...yep. When a Cp6w5 has a meltdown it is nuclear and it can take out everyone near them. Cp6w7 meltdowns usually takes out themselves.
I have traits that could be attributed to both wings though. I've noticed that ENFPs tend to think they have 7 wings if they're type 6. Not that that should be the deciding factor.

I have traits that could be attributed to both wings though. I've noticed that ENFPs tend to think they have 7 wings if they're type 6. Not that that should be the deciding factor.

You probably will have traits that may belong to both - we're human, after all. In general, though, you feel more like a 6w5 than a 6w7. But that's my personal take on it - nothing scientific in that at all.

Yes, like arby has stated I agree with Cp6w5, however make sure that this is something that fits for you. The enneagram is very much about self reflection. the tests won't help you much when coming to a conclusion.