3 things you like, 3 things you don't about being an INFJ... GO! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

3 things you like, 3 things you don't about being an INFJ... GO!

-can get to know someone very accurately, very rapidly
-my mind and personality as a whole

dislikes
wut? :D

That must be nice xD

• The ability to understand and empathize with others.
  • Having my own overreaching "cosmic" intuited view of the life/universe/everything. =P
  • Enjoying spending time alone.
Dislikes:

• Being emotionally "squishy" and easily hurt.
  • Being, at times, ruled by emotion despite full rational awareness of how silly I'm being.
  • Having trouble making myself heard over much louder people!

Like:
Deep
Can discern people and situations readily
Loving parent

Dislike:
Easily frustrated by idiotic people
Too sensitive
Having a career has been very hard

I just want to say that this thread helped me come to terms with the fact that I'm totally an INFJ and not an INTJ :)

Like:
-Being able to find meaning in suffering
-Natural inclination toward growth
-Openmindedness

Dislike:
-Not always trusting my intuition/decisions
-Dealing with pressures to fit in when that's not going to work (esp. career wise)
-Feeling like others won't get me or try as hard as I do

Dislike

1. Reading articles about INFJs and thinking right away that what I'm reading is true for me. Judging by certain patterns I noticed in behavoir.

2. Focusing more on my thoughts than my surroundings. Thinking that someone will actually care and be helped by my opinions that I've thought over so much. Also, along with this, having some need to plan what I'm going to do before I do it. I make terrible mistakes if I don't, and I wish I could be a little "speedier".

3. Thinking for a long time that my Ni was some kind of magic power. Yeah, that's right. I have the Force... :rolleyes:

1. Slowly but surely, I come around. The longer I have to think, or plan as I've said, the better. I feel like an Ent on Lord of the Rings...

2. A desire to not only understand the way things are, but to care enough about it to think of the way things could or should be. If everyone was focused on the way things are and didn't want to change anything, Amercia would still be as it was 50 years ago. (Not saying that things are perfect now, by any means.)

3. The fact that I still question if I'm an INFJ. Bad that I want to be decisive about it, but good that I'm open enough about it, even though there's a part of me that always comes back and says, "Yes, that's the one."

Something about tertiary Fi causes them to insist that no one can detect their feelings, and yet complain that people think they are unemotional robots.

I'll say something about this just one more time. If someone expresses how annoyed they are with people, then that is motivated by emotion.

INTJs often pride themselves on not being concerned about what other people think and to do this seems like a contradiction to that value.

I think if a feeler is in a conversation with a thinker, then they should try to stay focused on the issue being discussed. It's probably better not to be humorous, because humor can be misunderstood.

And they should try not to refer to themselves, (as I do so often). And it would probably be better to say things like "If one does x.." Instead of, "If you do x.."

Although if one listens or reads carefully, thinkers might do both of those things. Still, I believe the thinker would be more impressed if the feeler did not. There's more pressure on the feeler, because most assume that MBTI Feeling is emotion. So if a feeler gets emotional, they are being "oversensitive". So even though thinkers and feelers are BOTH emotional, they lose.

Reactions: Nixie
OOOkay...uh, missed the part where this was about the INTJs....

I can't stand those INTJs.

Edit: I suppose I shouldn't tease... [MENTION=4254]Broken705[/MENTION] has some lingering stuff

Reactions: Broken705
2. Determination (think LOOOONG term)
3. Empathy

Dislikes
I really dislike being considered
- arrogant rather than correct
- pretentious rather than polite and shy
- suspicious rather than trustworthy

So I suppose my number one dislike is: Feeling the need to be understood by others.

Hmm...

Likes - Creativity and imagination, humane and independence

Dislikes - Easily overwhelmed, "very cold" and....seafood?

*pokes back* 8D

Reactions: Nixie
OOOkay...uh, missed the part where this was about the INTJs....

I can't stand those INTJs.

Edit: I suppose I shouldn't tease... @Broken705 has some lingering stuff

True. I hope it doesn't come off as an attack though.

Everytime this gets brought up, I flashback and want to address it.

If I think there's a problem that exists out in the world, I will want to think of a solution. Just the way I think, but I'm sure I'll never actually change anything.

Anyway, sorry for the minor derail....

Last edited:
A very rich and beautiful inner world that presents limitless possibilities to explore leaving one never bored.

Feeling obligated to take the moral high ground. This may be a dislike for some but I am proud and happy of the fact that I have my morals and that most of my friends think I am forty years old.

The drive to change the world. It does suck sometimes not being able to ignore the pain and blight in the world, but it's what motivates me everyday. I want to change it to be a more perfect world and there is nothing better feeling than making somebodies day better. Even little things like winning an amusement park challenge and then giving the prize to the first little kid you see and watching as their eyes light up at the small act of kindness that took minimal effort and yet is so hard to find.

Dislikes

Never being able to let somebody down. Sometimes I would like to just be able to say, "No I can't take on that extra project"

Being limited by my own ideas of what is practical or not.

Being completely and utterly clueless when it comes to attraction and the opposite sex. (This goes hand and hand with being able to small talk). I have no idea of how to flirt and I have no idea on how to recognize it which has caused me lots of pain in the past. I just always think they are just being friendly to be friendly, since most of the time that is what I am doing.

-The almost overwhelming capacity for love and compassion; it's blissful, enlightening, and entirely beautiful.
-The seemingly endless tangents that allow ideas to grow, a fascinating experience.
-When this inherent 'stubbornness' can be used positively as a means for propelling one towards bettering someone else's life.

Dislikes:
-How easy it is to take something personally, or overmagnifying something inconsequential, and end up hurt.
-Along those lines, the natural inclination to create a numbing, almost suffocating facade so as to not reveal your true feelings.
-How often the shadow ESTPness screws things up haha... I shant go any further than that.

-How determined and perceptive I can be. It's often easy to know where others are coming from.
-How easy it is to get along with others. I've had to turn down several parties due to the likability of Fe.
-Tertiary Ti: Can stop Ni when it goes to paranoid extremes and break down ideas that have gone too far.

Dislikes:
-Ni can find problems or motives where there are none.
-Having auxiliary Fe, it's sometimes hard to accept criticism (better yet, for too long)
-Ni-Ti loops. It's hard to get out and let in. Having good Ti usage is critical to balance Fe but can sometimes end up short-circuiting the INFJ after too much speculation (Ni-Ti loop) lol.

-trustworthy when committed
-genuine when concerned

Dislikes:
-conflict avoidance and tendency to compromise
-can be manipulative
-can be passive-aggressive

That being said, some of the most cherished people I have met whether in RL or on here are INFJs, and I have a deep appreciation for them. I don't tell them that often, but they know I truly mean it when I do.