3 things you like, 3 things you don't about being an INFJ... GO! | INFJ Forum

3 things you like, 3 things you don't about being an INFJ... GO!

Kaia

Jul 7, 2011
MBTI
ENFP
Enneagram
Hello all,

What 3 things do you like about being an INFJ?

What 3 things do you dislike?

That is all.

*Poke*

8D

- natural empathy (makes for wondrous poetry, too)
- learning curve, I guess
- ruthless determination

Dislikes

- pretentious MBTI profiles and such
- hurt easily; stonewalling doesn't help much
- can be overly dramatic

Honestly, I like the Ni portion. The Fe just gets in the way a lot of times.

Like:

1. Always being "tuned in to people"
2. Finishing things/or seeing them through
3. Not always needing to read the instructions

Dislike:

1. Being taken advantage of (it's sooooo easy!)
2. Trying to warn others but being ignored... and then proven right
3. Getting to "close" to people and things

-Having a natural understanding of people
-Being a good listener
-Dilligence

Dislikes:

-People mistake my shyness for being "stuck-up"
-The oh so numerous Se failures
-Can be over-sensitive/taken advantage of

Last edited:
- Being in touch with my inner central chakra core
- Being able to bend spoons with my mind
- My deep understanding of the world around me

Dislike
- My superior intelligence and imagination being mistaken for pretentiousness
- How the people around me can't be as sensitive (not only emotionally) as I am
- I can be too emotional

Reactions: jyrffw54
Like:

1. Being able to sense a person's true feelings even if that person is trying to hide them.
2. My gut feeling is often correct.
3. Being able to detach myself from my surroundings should I feel the need.

Dislike:

1. People thinking my taking a moment to ponder a question before giving an answer is my being indecisive.
2. My quiet demeanor around new people is taken as being standoffish.
3. Feeling like I am on the outside looking in. Even with groups I am close to. Never feel I am really part of the group.

I'm not sure if these are related to being an INFJ but here's what it is for me.

Like:

Being able to see things through the eyes of others.
Being able to sense when something is wrong.
Structure and organization.

Dislike:

Anxiety.
Suspicious of everyones motives.
Feeling other peoples pain.

Reactions: VH
- Being in touch with my inner central chakra core
- Being able to bend spoons with my mind
- My deep understanding of the world around me

Dislike
- My superior intelligence and imagination being mistaken for pretentiousness
- How the people around me can't be as sensitive (not only emotionally) as I am
- I can be too emotional

loooooooooollllllllllllll

Seeing things coming before anyone else
Being the empathic equivolent of the Eye of Sauron
My imagination

Dislikes

Being too emotional at times to think clearly
Getting so lost in thought that I lose track of things
Always feeling like the oddball no matter where I am

I'm not sure if these are related to being an INFJ but here's what it is for me.

Like:

Being able to see things through the eyes of others.
Being able to sense when something is wrong.
Structure and organization.

Dislike:

Anxiety.
Suspicious of everyones motives.
Feeling other peoples pain.

the two dislikes not bolded are more 6 than infj

about the one bolded, why? you'd rather have no empathy?

Appreciate
having given up the need to conform because of the sheer hopelessness of it.
Conversely,
at times, still desiring to belong.
Appreciate
ability to empathize with others
Conversely,
wishing others could demonstrate this amount of empathy toward me.
Appreciate
my creativity.
Absolutely hate the anxiety that often prevents me from demonstrating it.

Don't know if this is a INFJ thing, but I'm sure glad I enjoy a good oxymoron!

the two dislikes not bolded are more 6 than infj

about the one bolded, why? you'd rather have no empathy?

I see, well as far as the bolded one it's not so much empathy. Which would be more like getting a sense of someone else's pain and seeing a situation from how they would feel about it, I might sound crazy when I say this so be forewarned but when I'm say sitting next someone I literally feel some of whatever emotion they are in, which can sometimes make me feel amazing but other times be terribly brutal like all the life being sucked right out of me until I'm void.

Reactions: Free Mind
I see, well as far as the bolded one it's not so much empathy. Which would be more like getting a sense of someone else's pain and seeing a situation from how they would feel about it, I might sound crazy when I say this so be forewarned but when I'm say sitting next someone I literally feel some of whatever emotion they are in, which can sometimes make me feel amazing but other times be terribly brutal like all the life being sucked right out of me until I'm void.

Yup, an actual Empath. Most of us have this.

It would be nice if this ability were more voluntary.

For those that don't have it... imagine if you were physically unable to see clothing, and saw everyone naked all the time. Sure, there are some people that it'd be really nice to see naked, but sometimes you'll REALLY wish you didn't have this ability.

Yup, an actual Empath. Most of us have this.

It would be nice if this ability were more voluntary.

For those that don't have it... imagine if you were physically unable to see clothing, and saw everyone naked all the time. Sure, there are some people that it'd be really nice to see naked, but sometimes you'll REALLY wish you didn't have this ability.

Yes, that's a perfect way to describe it. I've heard the term empath before but only briefly and the way it was described was really out there so I paid it no never mind. I guess it's good to know I'm not crazy though :D or at least we're all crazy together. hehe.

I guess it's good to know I'm not crazy though :D or at least we're all crazy together. hehe.

Ain't that the truth?

The worst part about this ability is the insistence from other people that we couldn't possibly have it.

I've had more than a few INTJs literally flip out on me for suggesting that I could sense their feelings. I had no idea that this was such a nerve for them, but it's pretty unanimous. Tell an INTJ you are more aware of their feelings than they are sometime and watch what happens. (Wear safety gear)

Wow some interesting responses here. I think I like the INFJ sense of humour too xD

VH - your point about INTJs - they like to think they keep everything veeeeeery under wraps in my experience, so it's unnerving to them if an intuitive person picks up on what they're really feeling...?

Ain't that the truth?

The worst part about this ability is the insistence from other people that we couldn't possibly have it.

I've had more than a few INTJs literally flip out on me for suggesting that I could sense their feelings. I had no idea that this was such a nerve for them, but it's pretty unanimous. Tell an INTJ you are more aware of their feelings than they are sometime and watch what happens. (Wear safety gear)
NOW, you tell me this : P

Reactions: VH
VH - your point about INTJs - they like to think they keep everything veeeeeery under wraps in my experience, so it's unnerving to them if an intuitive person picks up on what they're really feeling...?

Something about tertiary Fi causes them to insist that no one can detect their feelings, and yet complain that people think they are unemotional robots.

As best as I could get the ones offended by this to explain... apparently they don't know what they are feeling most of the time and spend a lot of time trying to figure it out, combined with a whole lot of pride about their self sufficiency. Having someone come along and claim to be better than them at something they hold so personal apparently mashes a lot of their buttons at the same time.

I like:

1. My written communication skills
2. My ability to listen to and understand what others mean, even if it's not what they say
3. My ability to see connections between seemingly unrelated ideas

I dislike:

1. My intense perfectionism and the difficulty in achieving the expectations I have of myself
2. My difficulty in accepting criticism and tolerating conflict
3. How easily I can be distracted

Reactions: jyrffw54
-can get to know someone very accurately, very rapidly
-my mind and personality as a whole

dislikes
wut? :D