10 New Rules For The New Millienium:We Need To Talk About This NOW. | INFJ Forum

10 New Rules For The New Millienium:We Need To Talk About This NOW.

Chessie

Community Member
Apr 5, 2010
MBTI
INfJ
Okay, it's that time again. A new century and grand new technologies that are swinging the world around and upsetting the balance of our understanding.

We've got fantastic ways of connecting to other human beings and I'm afraid that for some of the people out there our etiquette hasn't really caught up. I'm going to do a quick and short list to see if perchance I can clean some of this up and maybe you'll look into these and say 'Hey, I know someone who does that' and with all the kindness of your heart you'll tap them on the shoulder and ask them not to. It'll improve the world just that much.

First thing's first.

Cell Phones
I love cell phones. I don't own one but I think they're brilliant ways of keeping safe, keeping in touch, and letting those you love know where you are as well as conducting business. The new Smart Phones allow for a whole new layer. However, there are a few behaviors we need to address.

1.Do not talk on your cell phone in a line of people. - I don't care if you're at the movies, at the coffee shop, or in the grocery store.

If you pull out your phone and punch up someone's number because you're bored or decide to have a conversation that's longer than 'I'm in line, I'll call you back when I'm not' then you are a giant cock.

2.Don't change your answering machine message to a song clip. - We know you love Ke$ha. If we have to listen to one of her songs every time we call you for a business call then we'll slowly go insane and you'll wake up one morning with someone standing over your bed about to stab you in the eye with a bubbly-headed pop star's hit album.

Also, don't let your kids record your answering machine message, particularly if their speech is incomprehensible to anyone but a rhesus monkey.

3.Don't listen to music on the shitty little cell phone speakers in public. - Headphones are all well and good but everyone around you is quietly cursing the bastard who realized the speaker-phone function could be used for this.

The latest from the Black Eyed Peas sounds like crap through a quarter watt speaker.

4.If you drive and talk on your phone, please die. - I realize there is a small subset of the population who can drive competently with a cell phone attached to their ear. This group is so tiny that you're not one of them. No, you're not.

If your wife is pregnant and perhaps also on fire in the back seat then I can see that you would need to place that call. Otherwise pull into the gas station, have a burrito, and sit on your cell.

5.Don't answer your cell phone while in the bedroom with your significant other. - I don't know where to start on this one. Cell's are banned from the bedroom after 10:00 PM.

If you are balls deep in me and you get a text and you answer it, I will roll over and rip out your liver then use it to finish. This is rude on a whole other planet.

-------------------------

Your Facebook/Myspace/Fetlife/Twitter/ Other social network/Instant Messaging

These networks are a brilliant way of building new relationships and meeting people from lives long past. Without them we'd never have experienced real connectivity with many sections of the world and many people would believe themselves to be entirely alone. However, lets be honest here, some of them are being mis-used in a big way.

1.Frenetic checking of Facebook walls is BAD. - I can understand wanting to see what your friends have posted and what they had to say about the latest event in your life. This is perfectly fine.

If you neglect the people in the room with you to get onto Facebook for more than a minute or two then that's extremely unpleasant. If you are checking it every ten minutes...or cannot wait until you're in private to check it and hence are checking it while walking down the street on your cell phone or standing in line to get coffee then you need to take a break and possibly close your account.

You're an addict.

2.More than 6 Twitter updates a day- Twitter is an interesting system for updating the world on events happening immediately around you.

On the flip side if you are updating every five minutes with everything you're doing and my Twitter feed contains shortform descriptions of the size and weight of your poop then it's exhibitionism...not blogging.

3.Images of your penis/vagina. - If you post a picture of your genitals in a place where people are going to stumble into it without particularly meaning to then I'm afraid we need to have a talk. Most of us aren't professional photographers.

Your willy/cooch looks like a shriveled sausage left one night too long in the fridge without proper lighting and angle-work. Human genitalia can be lovely things...but not on a .2 megapixel cell phone camera.

4.Come ons as introductions - Now I realize guys are more guilty of this than girls but I've run into plenty of women who do it too. I don't want to fuck you the first time we have a conversation on the internet.

I don't need your hooha for a hat or your wanger up my bum. We're going to have a civil talk that will probably involve exchanging some form of name and possibly getting a good idea of whether or not we can humanly communicate.

5.Chat speak/Message spamming - No. If you cannot type out the word 'You' then you should not be on the internet. You need remedial keyboarding classes.

While I realize it is extremely difficult to punctuate and capitalize every sentence much less to go back and find the typos while having a conversation there is a certain bare minimum that should be observed here. Using abreviations like 'a/s/l', or worse 'i wnt 2 fuk u' is a sign of significant brain damage.

If you need to press enter more than four times to finish a sentence then you're not having a conversation. You're shrieking like a street preacher.

Most people don't
think that this
is particularly
easy to
read so
we would appreciate
if you would
knock
it off.

Take a second and type out the whole sentence. If we're IMing, we're probably not in a hurry.

Haha. Good list, I whole heartedly agree with all of them. XD

I've known many people to do so, but sometimes it's just impossible to help them change their ways or at least extremely difficult no matter how you go about it. :p Took me 4 months to finally get someone to stp tlking lyk dis. The main argument is "It's too much effort." Which frankly, is a pretty stupid response.

Uhm, what?

Sorry but.... Although I can see these "rules" are only being proposed out of good intentions that make the world somehow a better place*.... But somehow I get the feeling people may misinterpret the message of goodwill and... well... I think rules will do more harm than good.

Couldn't we just advise people to be more considerate towards others? On top of that most of these "rules" are set in place because a certain group is... annoyed... Isn't the very premises of setting down rules out of frustration for other people a sign that communication and understanding has not been bridged? If we're going to set down rules for our convenience at the expense of the frustration of the "others"... Well, to me that seems kind of.... selfish? I don't know... Whenever these situations arise it usually boils down to ME being annoyed by them. Which means the problem most likely lies with how I respond to the outside world. I mean... In the end it's a choice right? It's my choice to feel annoyed, frustrated. Other people never intended to frustrate or annoy you, they most likely don't care. I don't want to set down rules and regulations onto others merely because I refuse to look beyond myself.
How does someone calling in a line truly hamper me from living? It doesn't, I can continue living and choose to not be influenced.

Setting down rules would most likely only result in more frustrations from both sides (If ever there was a side). I think there's a more harmonious answer to all of our problems. ~~~ Maybe

While I think these are viable considerations of today's technology, I think it's not your place to tell everyone what they can and can't do. If someone answers their cellphone in line, and you're standing behind them, that doesn't affect you. You don't have to see that person ever again. (If, on the other hand, you are the cashier, then you can politely tell them to stop. No need to make a public service announcement to the entire world.)
Learn to pick your battles. There are plenty of folks who don't do a single thing on that list. Talk to them and don't worry about your others.
In fact, I would say everyone has a "list" like yours - certain things that are rude or annoying, that just make us want to leave. Your job is to make that list sensible and to find people with similar ones.

I enjoy this post. I would also like to point out that if you own a facebook account and you care what people write about you, so you check it constantly, you're gay. No debating it.

Also: If you use twitter and you're not a famous pop icon, you're gay. No one cares about your life.

Also: It is not funny to go to restaurants with 16 coupons and try to use them all at once when we all know you can't.

Also: It is not funny, nor coolbro of you, to try and inspire other people around in line at stores into doing better things in their lives. Don't try to strike up a conversatoin and then say "wow bro thats awesome man you should follow your dreams!"

I lie asleep at night dreaming of putting your face into a espresso machine. So yes, lets hop on over to the coolbro whats happening man awesome stuff barista, and get the party started.

For mbti related forums:

The fact you want to help people, doesn't make you an NF, nor even an F.

Stop trying to find bizarre sytems of typing people, it gets ridiculous. "Well, she shows signs of being an estj, but what this could be is a te-ne backwards loop that is influenced by the 6th function to create the need for creating rule books and being an ass hole. Really their just an ENFP going through a rough menstrual cycle." No, they're ESTJ.

You're not an ass if you call people out on them not being the type they say they are, but you are an ass if you don't back down if they prove you wrong.

You're a pussy if you hate people questioning your type and that counts for all members.

Don't go around irl saying "Hey whatsup cool bro so like man wow this is so powerful bro i just got a quick question for you bro like, what is your mbti?" Much akin to Chessy's fantasies, I will shiv you and spell out my mbti type with your stomach contents.

If you use stupid quotes from movies to be coolbro with your coolbro friends of yours, you're a retard and I will soon be travelling back in time to put antifreeze in your pediasure.

also:
You're gay if you like Lady Gaga. IF you're a guy you're a gay, if you're a girl, you're a fag hag. If your a transexual, then you're a gay fag hag. If you're asexual, you're just a misunderstood gay, if you're bisexual, and you're a woman, you're a fag hag. If you're bisexual, and you're a man, you're gay. If you're a republican who likes Lady Gaga, then you're a contradiction worse than an Asian Irishman, or Starburst, and I suggest you stop.

And if you think any of the myths/cliches around Lady Gaga hold any validity, you're gay, and a moron.

These are all important things I think our society should take into account.

Reactions: jyrffw54
I'm glad people recognized this one as comedy instead of an attack on their religions or personal wellbeings!

Reactions: uuu
I don't see why these are a big deal, except maybe talking on a cellphone while driving. And if someone answers while having sex, then clearly there is something wrong with that person (and by extension, you for being willing to call them).

ur-not-14-f-koi-pond.jpg

BWAAAHAHAHAHA...I love that picture. Totally saving that for my collection.

While I think these are viable considerations of today's technology, I think it's not your place to tell everyone what they can and can't do.

It's comedy. I wasn't writing this for super-serious. It's mostly for giggles.

i once dated someone who refused to turn his mobile off at night and would insist on looking at it while we were having sex and it became one of the (numerous) reasons i killed that association.

i have to admit cell phone users are kind of my pet hate. i can't stand using it myself and try to never talk on it. people who are talking on mobile phones for more than a minute are almost always talking worthless rubbish. i feel very annoyed by people who use it on the train or especially who come to the store i work in to make their phone calls. it drives me crazy because while they can go somewhere else to make their call, i am unable to leave the area i am working in, and i am forced to stay there and listen to their brainless dribble. i find it so rude.

I can't read you second to last sentence. It's like your speaking with awkward pauses.

huuuuuh :0 So all of this was a semi-rant semi-troll semi- humorous something something? Nyoooooo I don't even. ! Oh well~ I never text... It's so hard to do... all those buttons and... stuff...