Rift Zone

Community Member
Jan 19, 2014
MBTI
INTJ RCOEI
Enneagram
5w6-1-3 sx
musical artists!

Say you got abducted by aliens or were stranded on a deserted island or something. The story goes you have access to the complete works of 7 groups/artists/whatever, and that’s it, for the rest of your life. Who are they?

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Erykah Badu
OutKast
Bob Marley
Neil Young
London Philharmonic Orchestra

8 May '21 UPDATE:
7 is a tight number, Its a challenge to pick only 7. but that's what makes the question as good as it is. What about only 10 songs? That's a mind bender.
It is so on!
This one too! As a bonus question, we have same story, but rather than 7 artists, you get 10 songs. What's your all time favorite top 10?

Last edited:
And I had this involved discussion about Sade waiting to go too. =( That girl kicks some bass! "Somebody Already Broke My Heart" in particular...will literally rock this place. =)

A great idea for a thread. : ) It was really hard to choose, I love so (too) many lol.

Rüfüs Du Sol
Elder Island
City Girl
Ben Howard
Maribou State
Parra for Cuva
Leisure

Last edited:
Fleetwood Mac
Bob Dylan
Neil Young
Tupac
Nas
Ruth Allison
Pink Floyd

For the most part (except for Ruth Allison) I’m looking for varied genres and large discographies with several songs I like as opposed to pinpointing specific all time favorite songs. Preparing for a long spaceship ride and lots of downtime between probings.

Last edited:
A great idea for a thread. : ) It was really hard to choose, I love so (too) many lol.

Rüfüs Du Sol
Elder Island
City Girl
Ben Howard
Maribou State
Parra for Cuva
Leisure
Ah! Rüfüs Du Sol.. Underwater How could I forget? Also Ben Howard. Great list Flower. ^.^

Mumford and Sons
Led Zeppelin
Howard Shore (Purely for LoTR, I don't know any of his other works)
Jesper Kyd (Purely for Ezio's family from AC series)
David Bowie
Calvin Harris
Billie Eilish

Mumford and Sons
Led Zeppelin
Howard Shore (Purely for LoTR, I don't know any of his other works)
Jesper Kyd (Purely for Ezio's family from AC series)
David Bowie
Calvin Harris
Billie Eilish
Ah, I love your list too Rit! Zeppelin, Harris, Shore - all things LoTR really, and Billie Eilish, very nice.

Ah, I love your list too Rit! Zeppelin, Harris, Shore - all things LoTR really, and Billie Eilish, very nice.
EH WHA I DIDNT REALISE THERE WERE TWO GIFS IN ONE HOLD ON
giphy.gif

*There we go

Fleetwood Mac
Bob Dylan
Neil Young
Tupac
Nas
Ruth Allison
Pink Floyd

For the most part (except for Ruth Allison) I’m looking for varied genres and large discographies with several songs I like as opposed to pinpointing specific all time favorite songs. Preparing for a long spaceship ride and lots of downtime between probings.
Yea, that influenced my collection too. It helps all my choices amount to all time favorites, but I still went looking for my core genres, went with 2 pillars of my “main” classic rock genre at first, then threw in Neil Young too for the humanity of it all -that guy looks deeper into than most it seems.

Loving all the responses. Thanks for participating everyone! This is even funner than I was hoping for.

I'm 'bout to cheat and do a female list:
Annie Lennox
Sarah Mclachlan
Tori Amos
Sade
Mary J. Blige
Cranberries