[INFJ] - You know you're an INFJ when... | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

I know not of which you speak Sandie, I don't believe I've had the pleasure...Cheddar Cheese Space Raiders is about as varied it gets around these parts.
Google them, have a overnight rush order, you'll be hooked for sure...:D (I forget you live over on the other side of the pond my sorry ;))

Reactions: WonkyOracle
Google them, have a overnight rush order, you'll be hooked for sure...:D (I forget you live over on the other side of the pond my sorry ;))

I recommend Golden Flake due to the exquisitely fine chip thickness.

The salt also has a pleasing granularity. :)

Reactions: Sandie33
When one of your coworkers says that he never has any idea what you're talking about when you're discussing what to do next. :-|

But he also says that you have the patience of a saint.

And another coworker is unnerved by your unnaturally calm demeanor and delivery all of the time and asks you to spare them when you go postal, lol. They say you remind them of a psychiatrist.

Last edited:
kind of a eureka moment when you take that first mbti test though

It' funny because I took the test when I was 16 I ignored the results because I decided I wanted to be an INFP 'artist'. I now think that if I'd taken the information it offered seriously I might have found the intervening years a bit easier. I may not have tried so hard not be different, or wondered why I was like how I was. My enneagram is the 'artist' anyway so kidding myself was unnecessary anyway.

You know you're an INFJ when....(not in every instance)....you give more precedence to listening to the undercurrent tone and how something is being communicated as well as listening to what they are actually saying....and then you analyse the discrepancy.

You know you are an INFJ when you have so many things to do that you freeze up sometimes. I can alleviate this by writing out everything that I have to do in broad categories and estimate the time needed. I did this today and broke it down into Work, Home and Shopping. For work I wrote down some sub categories. The total estimated time was over 12 hours. Nope. I allotted 4 hours of my weekend time maximum. I will take the remaining sub categories and specific tasks and place them in my calendar for next week so that I can turn off that part of my brain. This will allow me to enjoy spending some time with my wife at home and shopping together. Bar codes up :) hahaha

Reactions: James and Sandie33
1. You know you are an INFJ, when you can write a book about your 'friend' and he/she can barely fill a page or two about you.

2. You know you are an INFJ when you stay neutral many times, as you understand and accept both sides of the issue.

you stay neutral many times, as you understand and accept both sides of the issue.

Or you find yourself agreeing with one side of an argument in a discussion and then agree with the other persons argument. You then realise you have just completely contradicted yourself, and look like a flake who doesn't really know what they think.

Or your in a situation where you sit in a circle of people discussing a specific issue and when it gets around to your turn to speak, all you can think about is what other people think, and you realise you don't really know what you think at all.

Hum, maybe that's just me? :smiley:

Last edited:
Or you find yourself agreeing with one side of an argument in a discussion and then agree with the other persons argument. You then realise you have just completely contradicted yourself, and look like a flake who doesn't really know what they think.

Hum, maybe that's just me? :smiley:

I can give you company there.
No wonder in my college days they always made me the judge. :D

Coworker stops you in the hall to talk and after a few minutes says "Been in the sun? Looks like you have a burn" and you say "no, it's just because you're talking to me" then you both proceed with the conversation like nothing weird is happening.

You're having a catch up with a friend and they tell you (excitedly) about a revelation they've had....and you listen (excitedly) and then realise this "revelation" emerged some weeks/months ago when you were trying to help piece things together and to make sense/find a solution to their problem - BUT you don't interrupt them to point it out (because that would draw attention to yourself) - you just smile knowing it's enough that they are excited and happy. :m015:

Reactions: Asa and CosmicINFJ
That moment when you observe and realize that there's a certain gravity or weight behind something. And thus, you feel the need to re-emphasize (to the other person) that there's A LOT there. Seriously...it MATTERS!

And if they don't seem to be getting the fullness of such weight. It's probably time to reassert the weighted-meaning with a comparative metaphor, narrative, or whatever. :p

Reactions: CosmicINFJ
When you contemplate disappearing on a regular basis. When you sense there is a hidden value or hidden meaning in something and you are willing to wait a very long time to find out what it is. I'm not sure there is anyone quite so good at waiting as an INFJ.