[INFJ] - You know you're an INFJ when... | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

I think @James mentioned this once before.
Yesterday I was in the grocery store buying $2 worth of items, and the clerk ran me up for $10. The woman behind me didn't set up a divider between our goods. So, of course I apologized even though it wasn't my fault. :(

I think @James mentioned this once before.
Yesterday I was in the grocery store buying $2 worth of items, and the clerk ran me up for $10. The woman behind me didn't set up a divider between our goods. So, of course I apologized even though it wasn't my fault. :(

Ha ha, did you have the "oh, maybe I should just pay, I don't want to cause a problem" moment? It's only my frugal nature that saves me in those situations, lol. :)

Ha ha, did you have the "oh, maybe I should just pay, I don't want to cause a problem" moment? It's only my frugal nature that saves me in those situations, lol. :)

The other woman immediately shrieked, "Those are mine!"
The entire situation made me cringe. It was a dilemma. Do I remain silent and just pay? Do I offer to pay for the other woman's items and just give them to her? Do I give the clerk two dollars and leave because I had someone waiting in the car, and the clerk had to delete all the items and start over. Hahaha. The clerk was really annoyed and because I apologized, she took it out on me. The other customer kept asking a million questions, too, "Is this fresh?"
Classic awkward situational comedy. :D

Classic awkward situational comedy

Ouch, nightmare. I'd be internally screaming "I just want to pay and go, why does God hate me???"

In the same situation ;
ENTJ reaction "Get me the manager! "
INTJ reaction "why can't you do your job?"
INTP reaction - walks out of the store
INFJ reaction "I'm sorry"

The other woman immediately shrieked, "Those are mine!"
The entire situation made me cringe. It was a dilemma. Do I remain silent and just pay? Do I offer to pay for the other woman's items and just give them to her? Do I give the clerk two dollars and leave because I had someone waiting in the car, and the clerk had to delete all the items and start over. Hahaha. The clerk was really annoyed and because I apologized, she took it out on me. The other customer kept asking a million questions, too, "Is this fresh?"
Classic awkward situational comedy. :D
Wow. My reaction would have been "Oh those aren't mine. I'm in a hurry so if you can correct the price asap I'd appreciate it."
If the other person started asking questions while I wasn't done in would have said "Sorry but I am in a hurry you'll need to wait your turn." I then would have made it home, put the items away sat down and stared at the wall for a while before flipping channels.

Ouch, nightmare. I'd be internally screaming "I just want to pay and go, why does God hate me???"

In the same situation ;
I'm somewhere between intj and intp on this scale.

Wyote reaction: "This ain't my shit!!!" *throws it on the ground* jk tho I'll pay for it

I did have a discussion about something similar recently tho.
If I am ever in a store and they point out the fact that they have a "you break it you buy it" policy in a condescending way...
I am totally taking advantage of that. It would be so satisfying to just go ahead and break a bunch of shit.
"oh really?! Awesome! I'll buy all this stuff here..." *smashsmashsmash*

...when someone you've known all of your life (sister) tells you; "So that's why you're so strange", right after the moment you tell them you're an INFJ. You laugh cause you think they're kidding then they say "I always knew you were different than the rest of us." (family) It hits you they weren't kidding.

When Facebook also knows what to say:

image.png

Reactions: Free and CosmicINFJ
I'm coordinated. I have good balance. I'm fairly athletic. I run into corners and door frames... then shit my pant...
At least you're not constipated.

Which brings me to the point that people nowadays don't appreciate taking a good shit.

In the same situation ;
YUP! This is totally a valid reaction. However, these days I would just wait until the cashier corrects the error, and pretend the crazy woman is screaming at the cashier for his mistake, and would look at her like she's a weirdo if otherwise.