[INFJ] - You know you're an INFJ when... | Page 13 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Your independent and self sufficient in a way that is completely normal to you but seems unusual to others.

Last edited:
You have a slight change to your routine because you have to run a short errand at the beginning of the day before catching your bus. You run your errand and then get to the bus stop, but realise that the change in your routine has confused you and you are now an hour ahead of schedule and it's the crack of dawn, so you go home again for tea and toast! (Oh well...tea and toast).

Last edited:
Reactions: Free and Wyote
Reactions: Free
Instead of looking at criminals with horrible pasts and wanting to help them, you strive to do more. You want to prevent everything that happened to them from happening to anyone else ever again.

You block someone out entirely after they caused you a lot of emotional pain and confusion. You can't really care for that person any longer.

People shake their heads at you a lot.

You wonder at where your day went. You simply exist in situations where you are bored or tired, but hear everything, and remember it.

You think a lot about how you could understand and get to the root of a problem, instead of dealing with it in the moment. Stop the flow of the ocean through that hole in your boat, and then deal with the water at your feet.

You see the problem, but you can't always figure out how to fix it. If this problem traps you, and you have no control over it, it surrounds you and leaves you overwhelmed and in the dark.

You're a poet. You don't know where the skill came from, but in reading what you unconsciously wrote you learn something about yourself.

You cry harder during sad movies because You're thinking not about how sad it all is, but how sad each individual side character feels. Their emotions become your own and you temporarily depress yourself.

This reached away from all INFJs and into my personal experience. My apologies.

I'm not sure about these but I'll post them anyway. Feel free to mention me if they are INFP, not INFJ traits:

- cry watching sad movies or emotional moments, but be wondering why I feel so strongly. What just happened? This is crazy. But keep watching on and crying away.

- Be annoyed with a typo on a sign "It's 'Midwest', not 'Mid-West' if you're trying to keep up with the marketing lingo." *writes a note that surely no one who can do a thing about it will read, but can be read by those who surely can't.*

- Develop story characters, imagine their personalities, then look up 16 personalities (and other sites), test as each character, read the results, then spend hours of research, days wondering if you got them right. Start wondering if their behavior fits even if they contradict. If they contradict, then look up reasons for that contradiction. The focus seems to be wondering if they are realistic/believable. Then realize days went by. You're still stuck wondering and no writing has been done for a while.
-For me it seems the ENFJ guy with the ENTP/ ESTP type deviations is giving me the most trouble. I'm in a Ni Te rut looping trying to search stuff, read up on functions, shadow functions, and that to find justifiable reasons for him to be like that. Again, just because I want it to be logical. No particular emotional reason. Just I like it to be believable for my potential readers. Also trying to figure out how an ENFJ can realistically be a war general in a fictional army, is causing me many loops back and forth researching to analyzing to researching to analyzing...

Meanwhile no writing is getting done with all that searching, reading, questioning and analyzing....

----------
Possibly more INFP in these below?:

Make friends/ acquaintances with a diverse group of people with different religions/ cultures and see the commonalities in them over the differences. I don't have to agree with everything of a particular religion/ culture, but I respect it and I see it as a form of personal identity. I don't desire to change or take away something that a person identifies with unless...

Their belief is to harm another person, try to change their beliefs, or lump a culture as "evil". There is no such thing. Circular reasoning (pointing to a book as proof of its own truth gets tiring and annoying) I may state something as an effort to stand up for those I feel the person is dissing, and try my best to be polite, but I will end up door slamming those who keep it up and can't see the broader picture (we are all human, and at our best we are trying what we can to do the right thing. And the most important thing is to treat others with respect like you deserve to have treated.) Those who violate that concept of respecting one another I want to break away from. If anything I wish could be made more aware in the Earth is mutual acceptance. I realize it is next to hopeless, but I dream on and hope for shifts in cultures to be more open to it, rather than drift into the idea that one is "better" or more "truthful" than another.
- When I am judgemental and sense that I hurt someone, I feel a sting of guilt and try to focus on modifying my behavior to not hurt the next person.

- When I get home from work, I feel great relief, to just be at home by myself, with all my plants... I can spend days being happy by myself.

Reactions: Free and Sandie33
I posted this on my blog but wanted to literally plaster this video everywhere (the content is so powerful) - Hope it helps anyone else reading/watching this video. Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this info...

Scott Morgan talks about the "dance" that takes place when the infj interacts with others in the world. I absolutely love the way he describes the inner world of the infj as "protecting the sacredness of their inner world."

8:30mins "The infj is trying to present authenticity to create connection but it often invites defensiveness in a lot of people - pushing the infj away. For the infj that does this, it's almost unstoppable because it's just who they are, how they engage with life in the world. However, often this approach, when it's met with the protective defensive parts of others, wounds them in some way - it does affect them - but this protective shield for the most part, the pain or the impact that the defensive part in others has on them is privately experienced - it happens behind the wall - behind the protective layer. The way the person is being defensive tells the infj that their pain that they are causing is not welcome to be brought forward/up because it would just lead to more defensive protectiveness from the others." Scott Morgan

Ohhhh that invisible (others) / visible (infj) dance that goes on....:tearsofjoy: :m168:

When you wonder how your life would have looked like now if you had made different decisions. Not because you regret it, but just because you are purely curious whether you would be in a very different place, or if it would be (somewhat) the same.

When you eat a Reese heart while reading a book snuggled in bed. Fall asleep reading and wake up with a piece of chocolate stuck on your cheek because you unknowingly dropped it while eating the heart. Then panic because you aren't quite awake and can't figure out what's stuck on your face.

Eeewe, :laughy: :d'oh:

Reactions: Ren
When you eat a Reese heart while reading a book snuggled in bed. Fall asleep reading and wake up with a piece of chocolate stuck on your cheek because you unknowingly dropped it while eating the heart. Then panic because you aren't quite awake and can't figure out what's stuck on your face.

Eeewe, :laughy: :d'oh:
huh. didn't know you were into snuff

Reactions: Ren
You know you’re an INFJ when:
  • You can spot a lie before it’s even said
  • You never get bored because your own mind is enough company
  • You think sleep is sacred
  • You beat yourself up over your imperfections & then beat yourself up for beating yourself up
  • You think long and deep about many things, but never share it because you don’t think anyone in your life would understand
  • You got a bit of magic in you :)