You Know You're An INFJ When.... | Page 25 | INFJ Forum

You Know You're An INFJ When....

Now that I am thinking about it, I'm not sure if it was the wake or not. It was the same house, but we may have been gathering for something else. It was so long ago, I cannot recall at the moment. Still embarrassing, lol.
Haha I feel ya. I did it at my own house so I really should've known the screen was there. I was having a cookout with some friends and I ran inside and plowed right through the screen door and fell down... :neutral:

I've done this myself. I keep telling myself that I don't want a major overhaul, just a nip here and a tuck there so I can look like the person I picture myself to be in my head. Because other people can have flaws and still be acceptable, but in my own mind if I don't look just the way I want then I'm ugly.

Because underneath this deep, intellectual exterior there's a shallow diva screaming to get out.

Yes, just a small tweak as far as others could see, but it would be major for my self-perception.I think almost everyone else is handsome/pretty as they are, of course. An imperfection' makes people more beautiful, too.

None whatsoever :hearteyes:

Thank you, Frens. :relaxed:

My friends still pick on me because I rode my bike right into a pole that was clearly visible(I swear I never saw it coming!). I also walked right through a screen door at a wake.....not embarrassing at all.

Ohhh, hahahaha. OMG.
Where did that pole come from?
I hope it wasn't at a wake.
A few years into owning our house we bought a fancy screen door. At a party a week later our friend walked through it despite the fact that our dog was standing right there at the screen. We never got another.

Haha I feel ya. I did it at my own house so I really should've known the screen was there. I was having a cookout with some friends and I ran inside and plowed right through the screen door and fell down... :neutral:
That sounds like a great party!

Yes, just a small tweak as far as others could see, but it would be major for my self-perception.I think almost everyone else is handsome/pretty as they are, of course. An imperfection' makes people more beautiful, too
What!?!? Nooooo!!!! I thought you were joking! Here, take my eyes so you can see you as I do! No tweaks necessary!

I've done this myself. I keep telling myself that I don't want a major overhaul, just a nip here and a tuck there so I can look like the person I picture myself to be in my head. Because other people can have flaws and still be acceptable, but in my own mind if I don't look just the way I want then I'm ugly.

Because underneath this deep, intellectual exterior there's a shallow diva screaming to get out.
Sorry scotch, I don't know you well, but I'm inclined to say, nooooooo!!!!

What!?!? Nooooo!!!! I thought you were joking! Here, take my eyes so you can see you as I do! No tweaks necessary!

Sorry scotch, I don't know you well, but I'm inclined to say, nooooooo!!!!

I think this is common for women because there is so much pressure to look a certain way. Even though we intellectually grasp all the facets and understand we've been 'brain washed' and beauty standards are bogus there is still a small part of many of us that can't shake it.
INFJs/INTJs have an idea of how they want to be perceived. Daustus posted a good video about it. We're not too hung up on looks and fashion, etc, but we want people to see what we're about so we present the visuals. So, for this reason I think it is hard for us when there is a visual disconnect.

I think this is common for women because there is so much pressure to look a certain way. Even though we intellectually grasp all the facets and understand we've been 'brain washed' and beauty standards are bogus there is still a small part of many of us that can't shake it.
INFJs/INTJs have an idea of how they want to be perceived. Daustus posted a good video about it. We're not too hung up on looks and fashion, etc, but we want people to see what we're about so we present the visuals. So, for this reason I think it is hard for us when there is a visual disconnect.
Is there an element of shame involved in this thinking? Or are you able to fully accept yourself as you are, but have the pressures of societies beauty standards weighing on you? Men have a similar experience with the way society influences and pressures men to be macho bastards.

Is there an element of shame involved in this thinking? Or are you able to fully accept yourself as you are, but have the pressures of societies beauty standards weighing on you? Men have a similar experience with the way society influences and pressures men to be macho bastards.

Yes, men do. We're all told we should be a certain way in terms of looks, lifestyle, work, behavior, etc. Something I like about Millies and Gen Z is that both generations are saying, "Enough of this."

It is possibly different for different women.
In my case I don't feel shame. It's just a duality.

Personal vanity struck me pretty hard this year. I've been noticing some thinning in my hair line and I was trying to be accepting of it and age gracefully. I saw my thinning spot in a Skype meeting at work and had a little freak out moment because it seemed way worse than I pictured. I'm using a hair supplement now. I'm 4 weeks in. I should see results if it works in about 2 more months. It's making me feel good but also it's a vanity pill I chose to swallow every day.

Personal vanity struck me pretty hard this year. I've been noticing some thinning in my hair line and I was trying to be accepting of it and age gracefully. I saw my thinning spot in a Skype meeting at work and had a little freak out moment because it seemed way worse than I pictured. I'm using a hair supplement now. I'm 4 weeks in. I should see results if it works in about 2 more months. It's making me feel good but also it's a vanity pill I chose to swallow every day.

First time I saw a video like this I thought, "Wait, you're doing what?" :tearsofjoy:

You're not alone, bro :hug:

First time I saw a video like this I thought, "Wait, you're doing what?" :tearsofjoy:

I totally get it after watching it. The internet is weird but it's also reassuring.

You're not alone, bro :hug:

Thanks Ren! I always prided myself on having good hair. I was the good hair guy.

I have a funny story...

All the males in my family are bald, so it was no surprise to me that I too would lose my hair. Last year, I had a gift card for Amazon and no clue what I should do with it. I hadn't thought of anything I wanted or needed but I had this gift card, so I bought some rogaine Just to see if it really worked. I received a notification telling me my package has been delivered, but when I got home from work there was no package. Two or three days went by when I found the package by my front door with a note that said, "I didn't realize this box wasn't ours so I opened it. Good luck!" Holy crap. I was super embarrassed. I have no idea which person in my area thinks I'm actively fighting my balding-ness, but they know me! Btw, it didn't work. :(

Yes, men do. We're all told we should be a certain way in terms of looks, lifestyle, work, behavior, etc. Something I like about Millies and Gen Z is that both generations are saying, "Enough of this."

It is possibly different for different women.
In my case I don't feel shame. It's just a duality.

I agree, it is a duality. If there's any shame involved it's not about my appearance so much as the fact that I care about it as much as I do.

For myself, I just want to present my appearance with a certain aesthetic that is a reflection of my inner self. But if it's anything less than what I want it to be, I feel that people will only see the flaws and not the "real" me, even though I can always look past other people's flaws.

I suppose this is one of the many paradoxes of being an INFJ. I always feel that I have to work twice as hard to achieve half as much as others (whether or not it's actually true).