You know you are too "I" when.... | INFJ Forum

You know you are too "I" when....

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by testing, Feb 15, 2010.

Share This Page

More threads by testing
  1. testing

On Holiday

Threads:
    MBTI:
    qwer
    ...You'd honestly rather sit in a private office alone and breathe in strong paint fumes from the renovation work that is going on around you, than avoid the fumes, but have to go sit in a shared area with your (perfectly nice and unoffensive) co-workers.

^^^ I think I have a problem! LOL.

Or maybe the fumes are getting to me. Not sure, really. I wonder if they are epoxying the place rather than painting it! It smells like it. Maybe I had better leave...

Seriously, anyone ever tried to be more "E" with any success? I think I need to work on this.

2. Roger

Roger ...

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFP
    Enneagram:
    -
    Seriously, anyone ever tried to be more "E" with any success? I think I need to work on this.

I could not understand this question. Please, help me?

3. OP
    testing

On Holiday

Threads:
    MBTI:
    qwer
    Oh, all I mean is that I think I am too Introverted and would like to become more Extraverted and was wondering if anyone had ever done this.

I am sitting here breathing in strong paint fumes rather than going and hanging out with perfectly nice people in a shared (but non-fumey) area. :crazy: Crazy! I think that may qualify me as being just a bit too Introverted. Or else possibly high, I am not really sure now! (LOL -- kidding)

4. Roger

Roger ...

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFP
    Enneagram:
    -
    I have done this. When i came here, i was introverted, then i started talking with everyone. I have done this in my real life. Laughed a lot for many times, throw myself in society, attend some social organizations, took lot of help from my friends and family members. But it was not that easy to do. I was bit hesitant and nervous to do this all. Thank god. This is big change within me after coming on this forum.

Now every tests are coming as Extroverted.

5. OP
    testing

On Holiday

Threads:
    MBTI:
    qwer
    That's good, Roger. I'm glad to hear you were able to do this!

I have never completely understood the difference between Introverted and just plain shy/lacking in social skills. Not sure I could ever become a true Extrovert. I have adequate social skills (I think) when I want to, but given the choice I really think I'd rather sit here in the paint fumes! hehehe.

6. soulseeker

soulseeker Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ

I think there are times when I become an Introvert then an Extrovert.... wait wait.... that's actually based on: IF the people who I'll hang out with are CLOSE FRIENDS....friends who i'm comfortable with..otherwise, I'll do the same, sit on my own and complain about the discomfort in my head

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. soulseeker

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ

that's funny :) :) :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. OP
    testing

On Holiday

Threads:
    MBTI:
    qwer
    They're now making me leave for safety reasons.
    Sigh.

9. J. Cardigan

J. Cardigan Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INxx
    Ask people questions about themselves so they have to answer them and you don't have to say anything (at least, until they ask you something). This makes conversation, you appear interested, and people are talking. Everyone is happy.

Alternatively, talk about the paint fumes.

10. soulseeker

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ

at least you're safe :)

11. rainrise

rainrise Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    you know you're too "I" when you retreat to your friend's unheated car at 1 am to avoid enduring the rest of an overwhelming house party...and this is in the context of wearing only a light jacket in Canada's december weather.

12. Stu

Stu Constipated
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    Remember, no politics, no religion. This is why folks follow sports.

13. Morgain

Morgain defective wisdom
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ again
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    but are you energized when you talk a lot with other people or do they drain you? I don't think we can really learn to be a good extravert. We can learn to be MORE extraverted and that is really a good thing

Somehow I don't see you as an ENFP, I don't think that the extraverted thing comes natural with you, you have to do some effort, is it not?

just a thought ... :hug:

but it is really great that you are more extraverted now then before, it means that you are getting into balance!

People say I'm an extravert a lot of times. In certain circumstances I can talk a lot, laugh and have fun. But every time I need to recharge on my own again because it is so drainy!

14. corvidae

corvidae ohai internets
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    ?
    when people ask "how was your day", and you actually take more than 3 seconds to formulate a response, instead of saying "good, you?"

15. Morgain

Morgain defective wisdom
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ again
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    lol

when you realize that you haven't spoken one word the entire day

16. Norton

Norton XXXX

Threads:
    MBTI:
    XXXX
    Enneagram:
    XXXX
    Be true to yourself. If you're introverted, why fight it? It's the way you are.

17. OP
    testing

On Holiday

Threads:
    MBTI:
    qwer
    Okay, I have a weird introvert habit:

Does anyone else do this thing where you're having a conversation with someone, and you're listening to them, and they ask you a question, and you are sure you've answered them.

Then you realize they are sitting and staring at you waiting for a response, and you realize you did not actually say whatever it was you were thinking out loud?

(??)

#17 testing, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  18. OP
    testing

On Holiday

Threads:
    MBTI:
    qwer
    Yes, but it would come in handy to be just a little less introverted. :-D

19. sumone

sumone down the rabbit hole

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Yes! Sometimes you play out the scene in your mind so vividly and quickly that reality kind of blurs. This has happened to me quite a few times.

20. Norton

Norton XXXX

Threads:
    MBTI:
    XXXX
    Enneagram:
    XXXX
    I'm always having an internal conversation with someone that's different from the external, real conversation. I seem not to confuse the two because, generally, I don't say much in the external conversation. One thing that drives me nuts about extroverts is that many of them "think out loud." I don't want to have to listen to their mental processes. People should think before they speak.

I had to be more sociable and act more extroverted because of business. Now, I work for myself and have no employees and less responsibility. So, I can wallow in introversion. Now, most of my work is by email or text etc. Indeed, I've worked with some people for more than ten years to whom I've never actually spoken. It's so much more peaceful, quiet, and relaxing. I love to write but I hate to talk on the phone.