You know you are too "I" when.... | INFJ Forum

You know you are too "I" when....

testing

On Holiday
Aug 14, 2009
MBTI
qwer
...You'd honestly rather sit in a private office alone and breathe in strong paint fumes from the renovation work that is going on around you, than avoid the fumes, but have to go sit in a shared area with your (perfectly nice and unoffensive) co-workers.

^^^ I think I have a problem! LOL.

Or maybe the fumes are getting to me. Not sure, really. I wonder if they are epoxying the place rather than painting it! It smells like it. Maybe I had better leave...

Seriously, anyone ever tried to be more "E" with any success? I think I need to work on this.

Seriously, anyone ever tried to be more "E" with any success? I think I need to work on this.

I could not understand this question. Please, help me?

Oh, all I mean is that I think I am too Introverted and would like to become more Extraverted and was wondering if anyone had ever done this.

I am sitting here breathing in strong paint fumes rather than going and hanging out with perfectly nice people in a shared (but non-fumey) area. :crazy: Crazy! I think that may qualify me as being just a bit too Introverted. Or else possibly high, I am not really sure now! (LOL -- kidding)

I have done this. When i came here, i was introverted, then i started talking with everyone. I have done this in my real life. Laughed a lot for many times, throw myself in society, attend some social organizations, took lot of help from my friends and family members. But it was not that easy to do. I was bit hesitant and nervous to do this all. Thank god. This is big change within me after coming on this forum.

Now every tests are coming as Extroverted.

That's good, Roger. I'm glad to hear you were able to do this!

I have never completely understood the difference between Introverted and just plain shy/lacking in social skills. Not sure I could ever become a true Extrovert. I have adequate social skills (I think) when I want to, but given the choice I really think I'd rather sit here in the paint fumes! hehehe.

Oh, all I mean is that I think I am too Introverted and would like to become more Extraverted and was wondering if anyone had ever done this.

I am sitting here breathing in strong paint fumes rather than going and hanging out with perfectly nice people in a shared (but non-fumey) area. :crazy: Crazy! I think that may qualify me as being just a bit too Introverted. Or else possibly high, I am not really sure now! (LOL -- kidding)

I think there are times when I become an Introvert then an Extrovert.... wait wait.... that's actually based on: IF the people who I'll hang out with are CLOSE FRIENDS....friends who i'm comfortable with..otherwise, I'll do the same, sit on my own and complain about the discomfort in my head

Ask people questions about themselves so they have to answer them and you don't have to say anything (at least, until they ask you something). This makes conversation, you appear interested, and people are talking. Everyone is happy.

Alternatively, talk about the paint fumes.

you know you're too "I" when you retreat to your friend's unheated car at 1 am to avoid enduring the rest of an overwhelming house party...and this is in the context of wearing only a light jacket in Canada's december weather.

Remember, no politics, no religion. This is why folks follow sports.

I have done this. When i came here, i was introverted, then i started talking with everyone. I have done this in my real life. Laughed a lot for many times, throw myself in society, attend some social organizations, took lot of help from my friends and family members. But it was not that easy to do. I was bit hesitant and nervous to do this all. Thank god. This is big change within me after coming on this forum.

Now every tests are coming as Extroverted.

but are you energized when you talk a lot with other people or do they drain you? I don't think we can really learn to be a good extravert. We can learn to be MORE extraverted and that is really a good thing

Somehow I don't see you as an ENFP, I don't think that the extraverted thing comes natural with you, you have to do some effort, is it not?

just a thought ... :hug:

but it is really great that you are more extraverted now then before, it means that you are getting into balance!

People say I'm an extravert a lot of times. In certain circumstances I can talk a lot, laugh and have fun. But every time I need to recharge on my own again because it is so drainy!

when people ask "how was your day", and you actually take more than 3 seconds to formulate a response, instead of saying "good, you?"

when people ask "how was your day", and you actually take more than 3 seconds to formulate a response, instead of saying "good, you?"

lol

when you realize that you haven't spoken one word the entire day

Be true to yourself. If you're introverted, why fight it? It's the way you are.

Okay, I have a weird introvert habit:

Does anyone else do this thing where you're having a conversation with someone, and you're listening to them, and they ask you a question, and you are sure you've answered them.

Then you realize they are sitting and staring at you waiting for a response, and you realize you did not actually say whatever it was you were thinking out loud?

(??)

Last edited:

Does anyone else do this thing where you're having a conversation with someone, and you're listening to them, and they ask you a question, and you are sure you've answered them.

Then you realize they are sitting and staring at you waiting for a response, and you realize you did not actually say whatever it was you were thinking out loud?

(??)

Yes! Sometimes you play out the scene in your mind so vividly and quickly that reality kind of blurs. This has happened to me quite a few times.

(??)

I'm always having an internal conversation with someone that's different from the external, real conversation. I seem not to confuse the two because, generally, I don't say much in the external conversation. One thing that drives me nuts about extroverts is that many of them "think out loud." I don't want to have to listen to their mental processes. People should think before they speak.

Yes, but it would come in handy to be just a little less introverted. :-D

I had to be more sociable and act more extroverted because of business. Now, I work for myself and have no employees and less responsibility. So, I can wallow in introversion. Now, most of my work is by email or text etc. Indeed, I've worked with some people for more than ten years to whom I've never actually spoken. It's so much more peaceful, quiet, and relaxing. I love to write but I hate to talk on the phone.