the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
[video=youtube;9C_HReR_McQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9C_HReR_McQ#![/video]

I dont get why green isnt a creative color. Please tell me.

[h=1]
A green scene sparks our creativity[/h]
imagesizer
Getty Images stock

By Cari Nierenberg
A quick glimpse of the color green appears to get a person's creative juices flowing, suggests a new study.
German researchers found that when people glanced at the color green for two seconds before doing a creative task, it boosted their creative output compared to briefly looking at other colors, including white, grey, red, and blue.
In the study, which is published in the journal Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, scientists gave 69 men and women two minutes to write down as many uses as possible for a tin can. Then a coder rated each idea for its creativity and cleverness.
Before beginning the creativity test, half were shown a green rectangle and the other half saw a white rectangle.
Participants who saw green before the task produced more creative ideas than those who saw white. The "green effect" as the researchers dubbed it, was also observed in creativity challenges that pitted the color against those seeing a quick flash of grey, red, or blue.
Does seeing green fuel creativity because it reminds starving artists, musicians, and writers of cash and the need to pay their bills, so the wheels in their head start turning?
That's not how study author Dr. Stephanie Lichtenfeld explains it. She suggests the link between green and creativity is that it's a signal of growth. Not only physical growth as in growing plants, but also psychological growth.
"Green may serve as a cue that evokes the motivation to strive for improvement and task mastery, which in turn may facilitate growth," says Lichtenfeld, an assistant professor of psychology at Ludwig-Maximilians-University in Munich, Germany.
So, if a writer has writer's block should that person fix their eyes on something green for a few seconds, and then get back to work? "The effect seems to be subtle," points out Lichtenfeld. The intentional use of green as a means of being creative remains an open question, she explains.
The green shown in the experiments matched the shade seen in nature, in growing plants or in a meadow. Since this was the first study to find a link between green and creativity, it's unclear whether lime green or blue-green, for instance, may also fuel inventiveness.
And it's not yet known if seeing green for a longer time than two seconds makes the creativity boost stronger or weaker.
For now, studies have shown that other colors have been linked with psychological function. Red has been suggestive of romance, caution, and anger, while blue has been connected with calmness.
Perhaps a quick flash of green reminds the brain to "go" or suggests success in our minds.
"Even very subtle stimuli, such as color, can influence our motivation, cognition, and behavior," says Lichtenfeld.

[h=1]
[/h]http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/28/10887910-a-green-scene-sparks-our-creativity?lite

That film was just trying be be creepy

Lol, I use my hair to express myself.

I wouldn't take what that little notebook says too seriously. She seems pretty wacky.

Also, a little green goes a long way to boost my creativity. ;)

That is a stupid video and has nothing to do with how true creativity works.

Green is not considered a creative color in that context because they are talking about leaves. Most leaves in nature are green, so people think of leaves as being green by default. Their conception of creativity requires a divergence from normality.

I've heard that if you look at the color yellow too long, it can actually make you go insane..... Lol

I just bought the first lime green piece of clothing I've ever owned, and I really like it- it's a running jersey, the color is invigorating to me- it reminds me of lime and spearmint- that nice refreshing smell.

How

dare

you

I just bought the first lime green piece of clothing I've ever owned, and I really like it- it's a running jersey, the color is invigorating to me- it reminds me of lime and spearmint- that nice refreshing smell.

What an uncreative article of clothing you have purchased!

Thats interesting considering they used to paint kitchens lime green in order to keep women calm and controllable in the home.

Honesty, the first thing I thought of was: Because that is the default color of vomit. Green slime. Uh...yea, I didn't watch the video....

That video hurt my imagination

I've heard that if you look at the color yellow too long, it can actually make you go insane..... Lol

I've heard that if you stare at an object directly infront of your eyes, after a while it'll disappear from your vision and reflections from the periphery will be superimposed onto the area where that object is, making it look like you can see right through it.

It seems that "creativity" has been reserved for an elite group of humans, the so called "creative" types who have a magical ability to produce something out of nothing.

This is a lie we tell ourselves as part of our mental slavery.

The act of living is an act of creation. If you draw breath you participate in creation.

And telling ourselves that we can sit around and do nothing in order to create isn't mental slavery?

in a very real sense, sitting and doing absolutely nothing is far more difficult than sniping at strangers on the internet, both are acts of creation where the first creates a space for seeing and the second creates all kinds of possible emotional responses.

Ah. You're getting theoretical.

I'm thinking action and tangible output.

is that video some kind of social commentary on how little sense children's programs can make and how easily they can corrupt?