[PUG] - why i hate twilight | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] why i hate twilight

I don't know anything about Twilight other than that's the name; that it's about teenage vampires; that the girl's name is Bella and she's really pretty, and that there are two males and they're both real ugly. And I think it's set in Alaska. People obsessing over and loving something that is supposedly shitty writing and crappy story-telling doesn't anger me, annoy me, or even bother me in the least. I expect the general public to appreciate crap.

I don't know anything about Twilight other than that's the name; that it's about teenage vampires; that the girl's name is Bella and she's really pretty, and that there are two males and they're both real ugly. And I think it's set in Alaska. People obsessing over and loving something that is supposedly shitty writing and crappy story-telling doesn't anger me, annoy me, or even bother me in the least. I expect the general public to appreciate crap.

as i have already written in this thread, i don't particularly care whether people love it or not. what bothers me and the point that i must clearly labour to make regards the actual content and the kind of perspectives it encourages in its audience, an audience which i believe is likely to be largely very naive. it seems to me that twilight encourages unhealthy attitudes towards relationships, gender, and sex. i apprehend it to be a propaganda instrument for a conservative politics that i regard as damaging to individuals and to society. it is this aspect of it which really concerns me, rather than some superficial hatred of its fans.

i'm sorry to hear that you have such an utterly hopeless view of "the general public".

Omg [MENTION=1814]invisible[/MENTION] what is wrong with his neck.

Reactions: invisible